Advice needed please from a newbie.

• Only been on here for a month and vast majority of portfolio doing well. I am a burnley fan and bought 200 futures at 24p in Ben Mee,knowing how well he plays every game for burnley.however his price has dropped 1p.would it be best to stick with him, or just sell? One other point.I've noticed that players can move up a great deal in price, but if you sell them at the selling price, you would still make a loss at the price you bought at.How do you actually make any profit? Thanks for any advice given.

• @NewUser449629 I can only assume you're looking at the instant sell price, if you sell to market then you get the current buy price. I'd suggest reading through the academy pages to help you out a bit

• In relation to Ben Mee, 1p drop is not really any concern for most traders. Stick to him, if the reason you bought him for still stands true.

The selling part, it seems that you are instant selling your share's rather than listing to market.

You need to add your share's to the Sell Queue in order to get the price it is showing on your "profit" side.

• @Ddr .Thanks.

• @NewUser449629 1p is nothing to worry about and could be just due to the fact he won't play for a few days due to the international break.

As for selling I don't know if you realise when you sell you can sell at the present buy price. You do this by tapping on sell then put in how many futures you want to sell then tap sell to market which will put your player in a sell queue. Depending on how long the sell queue is and how in demand your player is will determine how long it takes for him to sell and when he does you will receive money for that player at the actual buy price at the time of selling minus 2% commission.
    However if you tap instant sell your player will be sold there and then but you will be receiving the sell price which is always considerably less than the buy price and also on top of that you have 2% commission, so avoid using instant sell and only use it in emergencies cos this will eat into your profits.
    Hope this is clear, also I suggest you have a read of the pinned thread at the top of the topics list entitled all things football index it's a must read to help you understand how things work on here. Enjoy and good luck.

• @Jonah Thanks very much for your advice and taking time to give it.

• Ben Mee isn't going to make you rich but there is no reason you can't turn a profit on him. Best case scenario that would see him rise nicely would be a premier League goal (if it was a game winning goal even better), if he won PB defender on any game day, if he got an England call up or if he got a transfer to a bigger club, ideally one in European competition. The latter two are unlikely given that he is 30.

Another tip...look at his graph over the last 6 months, you have bought him at his highest ever price and there has never been much movement in his price, suggesting that he isn't really a player that people trade on.

• As a fellow Burnley fan I can vouch for what a good player Ben Mee is. He is value at the price he is never going to drop much, he could get a little transer speculation and who knows he could get an England call up. It certainly won't do you any great damage to Hold him. Wait for after the England games then get on Ashley Barnes maybe hope he bags a few in the month and get some IPD try sell when your in profit.

• @NewUser449629

Welcome to the football index, and welcome to the forum.

First things first, get yourself reading through the entire thread at the top of the forum called 'all things football index'.

Now i know it seems like a long read and nobody likes lookin at the instructions but ...

It was created by a fellow trader @Misto, who deliberately put a shit load of work into it, all for the benefit of newbies and guys like yourself.

I promise you, it will prevent you from making the same costly mistakes we all made early on in our football index journeys.

All the best for the future, and anything else, just ask. We are usually a helpful bunch when we are not at each other's throats! 🤣😉

• @NewUser449629

Give yourself a username as well so people remeber who they are conversing with.
    Unless NewUser449629 is actually the one you have chosen, in which case say hello to the rest of the 449629 family for me.

Click on profile > edit profile > change username

• @Advinculas-Index said in Advice needed please from a newbie.:

@NewUser449629

Give yourself a username as well so people remeber who they are conversing with.
    Unless NewUser449629 is actually the one you have chosen, in which case say hello to the rest of the 449629 family for me.

Click on profile > edit profile > change username

Uncle 449629 is a right twat