Dividend Policy Review: Thoughts & Predictions

• In this video, I look deeper into the 'Dividend Policy Review', and discuss the potential outcomes and my prediction for possible increases to dividends.

What are you predicting will happen?

📺 My Thoughts & Predictions
    👉 https://youtu.be/J_FwOeycILA

0_1570730086370_Dividend Policy Review.jpg

• @FI-Manager
    That would be nice,

• I can see this, maybe extending ipd to 60 days also.
    They wont do tiers yet, I believe they want to gradually increase to double fig divs first, hence no future share splits just decimal.
    But share splits do stimulate the market so its a difficult one

• @kaka8 Yeah that would be nice. As long as they don't increase, as the current balance between IPD and PB isn't right.

• For those who haven't watched the video, here are my proposed dividend changes:

Single, Double & Treble Match Days
    ➡️ Top: 2p, 3p & 5p 🔺 2p, 4p & 6p
    ➡️ Star: 1p, 2p & 2p 🔺 1p, 2p & 3p

*Match Day terminology will now make sense.

Media on Match Days
    ➡️ Top: 2p 🔺 3p

*Top Media will earn 3p on Media & Match Days.

0_1570794552150_5. Dividend Changes After.jpg

• @FI-Manager Your suggestions sound very reasonable and realistic. We'd probably all like more of course but similarly it is not in our best interests for them to overstretch themselves. I think the absolute best we can hope for is all dividends up 1p (with the possible exception of IPDs) but something along the lines of what you suggest is more likely. As long as it is enough to get my premium holds rising again, I should be happy.

• If it goes to 60 days for IPD is it unrealistic to expect it to be retrospective?

• @FI-Manager

They need to reward people who have kept faith and also have incentives for further investments. So maybe share split benefiting current hilders plus dividends increase in general in addition to increasing the number of PB rewards .. may top 2 defenders, 2 midfielders etc ... that would be great : )

• 60 day ipd’s would be a nightmare scenario for the predominantly pb/mb holder. A shit tonne of money flooding out as the values of ipd players would double.

• @FI-Manager Great video. Thanks for taking the time to create it and share with us.

I was thinking something along the same lines, but a couple of thoughts below.

As you highlighted, the announcement is for the dividend 'policy' and not just 'dividends' which suggest there won't just simply be an increase. Or maybe we're both reading too much into the title...

I agree that IPDs should be moved to pre 2pm deadline but I think the profit/commission would be considered by FI in detail, more than just the logic of it. My feeling is they benefit greatly from it at present so possibly hesitant to change?

I know FI have talked previously about instant payouts. I wonder if we'll see instant IPD payouts if the 2pm deadline is implemented? Would make matchday exciting and more active trading? Could be an It nightmare though, but let's stay positive!

Completely agree with your PB predictions and they certainly make sense and I would love to see these.However I wonder if they are a little too predictable for FI? From previous announcements, they seem to not follow what the majority predict - perhaps intentionally? And like to add a little surprise in to catch us off guard. Examples being G&As/IPDs introductions, share split (*3 instead of *4 which most predicted), IPD increase etc.

I do hope FI don't cave in to pressure driven by self interest by big traders and raise MB disproportionately. Don't have an issue with it being increased, but I do if they are only listening to traders with big portfolios (I would have thought there would be a survey for this to see what the majority think?)

No idea how to do the calculations, but it would be interesting to see how much extra it would cost FI to pay out dividends on your predicted increases.

I'm anticipating any change will be implemented after the winter break.

Looking long term, I wonder if a big increase in treble MB days will be held back (for next summer 2021?) when there will be little football played and 3 consecutive summers of no PB?

• @FI-Manager Thanks for this! The PB increase looks reasonable and logical. I think the treble media day can be 4p,3p,2p for top 3 also. This will boost the price of the top 20 in the index.

• @Boris999 rubbish

• Great thoughts and presentation.I hope FI take a look at this.
    Agree the IPDs deadline should be brought in line to 2pm.
    Only other thing I maybe suggest is a 2nd MB place of 1p on match days as its very frustrating sometimes when your player scores 1000 points plus and theres no reward for it.

• What about reducing the duration that shares are eligible to win any form of dividend to 12 months on any new purchases made after a certain date, but still retaining the 3 year hold option before they have to be sold off. The trader holding them post 12 months will still potentially be able to benefit from C/A and the loss of potential dividends would only affect that individual trader thus not having any negative impact on the value of the player itself.

Doing this would enable FI to increase dividends by a significant amount and also encourage more fluidity in the market.

• @Advinculas-Index sorry, but terrible idea. The 3 year hold is the core of the FI product.

Why shift the emphasis further towards short term trading.

You've got me worried now.

Unrealistic I know, but what about the opposite, IPDs eligible for the full 3 year hold? Or 1 year? Won't happen of course but nice thought no?

Thinking about it, FI would be taking a huge risk/ catastrophic mistake if they reduced divs to 1 year. At a time of uncertainty and general negativity about the platform, it would likely crash when it reopened.

Were you joking?

• @Metropolis
    I wouldnt get worried about the inane ramblings of a ferret
    Just thought id put it out there

• @Boris999 said in Dividend Policy Review: Thoughts & Predictions:

@FI-Manager Your suggestions sound very reasonable and realistic. We'd probably all like more of course but similarly it is not in our best interests for them to overstretch themselves. I think the absolute best we can hope for is all dividends up 1p (with the possible exception of IPDs) but something along the lines of what you suggest is more likely. As long as it is enough to get my premium holds rising again, I should be happy.

Yeah I went with quite a modest prediction. This would give FI the opportunity to have another small increase to dividends at some point next year. I would imagine more regular, small increases, would be better for the market than more rare, large increases.

• @MickTurbo said in Dividend Policy Review: Thoughts & Predictions:

If it goes to 60 days for IPD is it unrealistic to expect it to be retrospective?

I would imagine so. I would like a change from 30 days to 60 days, and to change the midnight deadline to 2pm. As long as there are no increased to actual in-play dividends, as the balance between IPD and PB/MB dividends is a bit off.

• @Metropolis Thanks, I really appreciate that!

Some interesting points you've made there. My prediction is quite modest, and not ground-breaking, so I do agree that FI may do something a little more innovative, and perhaps add an element that nobody could have predicted.

• @Victory said in Dividend Policy Review: Thoughts & Predictions:

@FI-Manager Thanks for this! The PB increase looks reasonable and logical. I think the treble media day can be 4p,3p,2p for top 3 also. This will boost the price of the top 20 in the index.

I hope that the increases to MB, if any, aren't too big. Rather, I hope the main increases are to PB, which is probably what the majority of traders are hoping for too.