What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.

• @Ericali said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

@LittleFish You ain't getting more than a penny across the board as the increase.

Have to agree with this. Without doing the maths I would guess a penny across the board would average out to something like a 30% increase which is significant.

• I think they will also reverse the "united" MB multiplyer under the review they are undertaking, as Mike Bohan mentioned it in one of his recent interviews.

• An extra 1p of media dividends on treble match day + a record 20 Fulham training tops! Fingers crossed for those tops, I am still devastated I haven't got one yet

• I think an automatic 10p daily dividend per future held in Neymar, Pogba, Kane and Rashford is the fairest way to change dividends.

[I don't hold any of these players... honest]

• @Ericali booooooo don't be so negative mr Ali. We deserve far better than this shoddy free money.

• @Ericali I just want something the market agrees is 'good'. Not asking much 😄
    The market is stagnate in a bonus period. The bonus money needs to go back into the index. By being generous FI might get all their money back. Otherwise we are back to where we were before the lastest bonus period.

• @LittleFish are both the 10% and 5% bonuses being paid on 19/10/2019?

• @ChazFI123 said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

@LittleFish are both the 10% and 5% bonuses being paid on 19/10/2019?

I believe so. Happy spending 😀

• @Boris999 my birthday too 🥛

• @Timothee-Atouba @Tom7471

I agree with @Ericali No way it will be a big increase. I understand the logic of the market has doubled, so dividends can double. However why this doesn't work is FI have to factor in legacy shares.

While newly issued shares could very easily be paid double the amount of dividends as they where sold at today's prices. Legacy shares still need paying any new higher dividends as well. Eg Neymar has been sold (taking into account the 2 share splits) £8 £7 £5 £3 all the way down to sub £1 levels. These shares still exist and still need there dividends paying. In the case of the shares issued in 2016 and maybe even early 2017, these have shares have been paid dividends for years to the point of being loss making for the company.

You also have to remember these old shares will have been flipped between traders many times making another revenue stream from sales commission, besides just the initial sale. Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

• @Misto Yes. It’s a very awkward balance isn’t it while keeping current prices attractive for new traders, which we all need them to be otherwise we won’t just see stagnation, we’ll see lots walking and if it’s too many it won’t matter how good a trader you are, your port value will go south.

• Anyone else expecting just an announcement on 29th and no actual increase in divs on the day? They could announce divs will increase in time for the Euros for example.

• @Carport I would be pretty shocked if they increased divs straight away. There would be no point, they would be just spending more money in divs for no reason.
    A good announcement would be just as good in getting prices to rise back up.

• @Misto said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:
    Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

People really need to remember this. FI aren't greedy (imo), they are a business and have to survive.

• @Carport said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

Anyone else expecting just an announcement on 29th and no actual increase in divs on the day? They could announce divs will increase in time for the Euros for example.

It will be an announcement of an announcement.

We had 4 months to get ready for the share split and it was brilliant leading up to it.

I dont see why they wont do something similar.

And before someone says ‘but market suspension ‘, people will still likely buy on just the news.

• I think another share split would absolutely send the market crazy that’s what I’m hoping for personally as if you halved the price of the top players now then surely even new people joining would then be tempted to jump on. Don’t think it will happen so I’ll settle for a div increase

• @Misto said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

@Timothee-Atouba @Tom7471

I agree with @Ericali No way it will be a big increase. I understand the logic of the market has doubled, so dividends can double. However why this doesn't work is FI have to factor in legacy shares.

While newly issued shares could very easily be paid double the amount of dividends as they where sold at today's prices. Legacy shares still need paying any new higher dividends as well. Eg Neymar has been sold (taking into account the 2 share splits) £8 £7 £5 £3 all the way down to sub £1 levels. These shares still exist and still need there dividends paying.

Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

I'm no business man so this might be an absolutely stupid idea but we all know the situation is complex.

We all know that to make top end prices appealling again that a fairly significant increase is needed, but we all know that @Misto is totally right and those <£1 pogbas and neymar's will have returned hundreds if not thousands of percent ROI, and would pose a threat to the sustainability of the platform.

So heres the stupid idea that will I'm sure be shot down in flames, but I've thought it so I'm saying it.

Is it time to bring in advertisements on the app/browser the way we see on youtube and if memory serves it used to happen on facebook years ago when I was on there?

Theres probably a proper terminology for this but I'm fucked if I know it but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at

• Surely the fact that a player can only be held for 3 years means that these cheap Pogbas/Neymars/Mbappes will have to be sold off at any moment now!

• am i the only one who is not gonna react to the new announcement only because this is my first season on it joined in june so i have no idea of the different types of scenarios or things that happen..i just wanna observe for a season then at the end of it go on the the kill all guns blazing ...just currently happy with a few 100 shares here n there to get me going

• No point in reacting straight after the announcement as you probably wont be able to access the site for at least an hour

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.