What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.

• @Carport I would be pretty shocked if they increased divs straight away. There would be no point, they would be just spending more money in divs for no reason.
    A good announcement would be just as good in getting prices to rise back up.

• @Misto said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:
    Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

People really need to remember this. FI aren't greedy (imo), they are a business and have to survive.

• @Carport said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

Anyone else expecting just an announcement on 29th and no actual increase in divs on the day? They could announce divs will increase in time for the Euros for example.

It will be an announcement of an announcement.

We had 4 months to get ready for the share split and it was brilliant leading up to it.

I dont see why they wont do something similar.

And before someone says ‘but market suspension ‘, people will still likely buy on just the news.

• I think another share split would absolutely send the market crazy that’s what I’m hoping for personally as if you halved the price of the top players now then surely even new people joining would then be tempted to jump on. Don’t think it will happen so I’ll settle for a div increase

• @Misto said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

@Timothee-Atouba @Tom7471

I agree with @Ericali No way it will be a big increase. I understand the logic of the market has doubled, so dividends can double. However why this doesn't work is FI have to factor in legacy shares.

While newly issued shares could very easily be paid double the amount of dividends as they where sold at today's prices. Legacy shares still need paying any new higher dividends as well. Eg Neymar has been sold (taking into account the 2 share splits) £8 £7 £5 £3 all the way down to sub £1 levels. These shares still exist and still need there dividends paying.

Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

I'm no business man so this might be an absolutely stupid idea but we all know the situation is complex.

We all know that to make top end prices appealling again that a fairly significant increase is needed, but we all know that @Misto is totally right and those <£1 pogbas and neymar's will have returned hundreds if not thousands of percent ROI, and would pose a threat to the sustainability of the platform.

So heres the stupid idea that will I'm sure be shot down in flames, but I've thought it so I'm saying it.

Is it time to bring in advertisements on the app/browser the way we see on youtube and if memory serves it used to happen on facebook years ago when I was on there?

Theres probably a proper terminology for this but I'm fucked if I know it but I'm sure you all know what I'm getting at

• Surely the fact that a player can only be held for 3 years means that these cheap Pogbas/Neymars/Mbappes will have to be sold off at any moment now!

• am i the only one who is not gonna react to the new announcement only because this is my first season on it joined in june so i have no idea of the different types of scenarios or things that happen..i just wanna observe for a season then at the end of it go on the the kill all guns blazing ...just currently happy with a few 100 shares here n there to get me going

• No point in reacting straight after the announcement as you probably wont be able to access the site for at least an hour

• @Advinculas-Index no harm in trying though

• @Dronny-Gaz No, because if for example you brought 100 Neymar 3 years ago for say £1 each, you would now hold 1200 at £7.40. (factor of 4 share split, then a factor of 3 split). When those shares are sold and brought by another player FI only get 2% commission of the sale, not the money from the sale and they have also been paying the dividends for the past 3 years. The money from the sell goes to the selling trader as his profit. So in this example 1200 x £7.40 = £8880 FI get 2% of that (£177.60). The shares then refresh there 3 year life and FI are still liable for the payment of future dividends on those 1200 shares, while only getting the commission.

In reality there aren't many traders with those kind of holds, and the churn of shares is pretty fast, so commission is pretty good for FI. However the fact still stands every time a legacy shares is traded between users the 3 year hold time renews.

• Am I the only one who thinks the dates for the bonus payout, and announcement are a little strange?

Bonus on 19/10. Saturday? As far as I know, always been a weekday and around lunch time. Presumably they will pay out before the lunch time match?

Dividend Announcement on 29/10. Why not wait until payday (31/10)?

• The market is moving like there has been a leak and we are going to get a big PB player increase. I hold a lot of PB players but also hold pogba, big fear it will be weighted on the PB side and my Pogba holds plummet and the increase in PB players doesnt cover it.

@Timothee-Atouba @Tom7471

I agree with @Ericali No way it will be a big increase. I understand the logic of the market has doubled, so dividends can double. However why this doesn't work is FI have to factor in legacy shares.

While newly issued shares could very easily be paid double the amount of dividends as they where sold at today's prices. Legacy shares still need paying any new higher dividends as well. Eg Neymar has been sold (taking into account the 2 share splits) £8 £7 £5 £3 all the way down to sub £1 levels. These shares still exist and still need there dividends paying. In the case of the shares issued in 2016 and maybe even early 2017, these have shares have been paid dividends for years to the point of being loss making for the company.

You also have to remember these old shares will have been flipped between traders many times making another revenue stream from sales commission, besides just the initial sale. Regardless of the commission FI make on legacy shares, they still need to be fiscally responsible, because the last thing I want is them going bust with my money.

Just wondering there might not be so many legacy shares around as FI shook the tree hard enough recently that many of those legacy shares could have been instant sold?

• @Carport said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

Anyone else expecting just an announcement on 29th and no actual increase in divs on the day? They could announce divs will increase in time for the Euros for example.

Yep, feel the same from experience. There was the SS anouncement last year that a SS was coming in the New Year and the platform boomed for months except February. Then the actual announcement of the details in mid March, then the actually SS itself a week later. For the Policy Review, FI will want a similar few months lead up of boom before the actual changes.

• @Metropolis I would think most people get paid before the 31st

• @Misto But at the same time due to the volatility of Pogba shares those 1200 could be easily bought and sold many times over generating 2% every time plus the margins for the instant sells.

• Hopefully with 8 bloody rockets, we'll be getting more than a penny rise for next season

https://twitter.com/adamcolefi/status/1184114114857263105?s=21

0_1571173774779_upload-b76185c9-5420-47c9-a052-41536c571445

• @Parvez112333 That tweet does give me a bit of confidence that whatever they announce will give people a lot of excitement/hope for the coming months.

• @Parvez112333 said in What's everyone's thoughts on the new dividend restructure? I think they will do something quite big.:

Hopefully with 8 bloody rockets, we'll be getting more than a penny rise for next season

Thats nearly as many rockets as people were posting for Pogba predictions in August. Look what happened there.

• I've come to the conclusion that they'll do 1 of 2 things with PB (assuming they don't introduce additional places). I'm also going for a bigger increase than I originally thought given Mr Cole's tweet and the expectation they're now building.

Option 1
    Increase the double and treble match day pay-outs to make them what they say so 2p/4p/6p for positions and 1p/2p/3p for star man, AND introduce a quadruple match day with 8p for positions and 4p for star man. Single game becomes 1-5 games, double 6-12, treble 13-20, quadruple greater than 20 or something like that.

Option 2
    Increase single, double and treble day pay-outs to 3p/6p/9p for positions and 1p/2p/3p for star man.

Not sure on MB at the moment but I think they will increase it in some way although not as much as PB.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.