Donyell Malen plummeting...

• Anyone know why Malen is tumbling so much? I'm not overly concerned since he is such a massive prospect but just wondering if anyone knew why he was falling so much in the last 24 hours?

• It's called profit taking and it happens when a player has risen like this lad has.
    If you hold and are sure of his future then take this chance and top up.

Just today Barcelona being linked with him so I am sure he is going to be an attractive proposition in the future.

• It's one seller doing the damage Paul S.
    Obviously bought a shed load and taking his profit.

• if you have not got him its amazing news..means you can jump on a dip =D its only when you have him and he starts to go down it becomea a problem.....react or impact name of the game

he will 100% move within the next 2 seasons so get on the boy

• im just watching the ticker now, its crazy how many that guy has bought.
    Another thing which i think is misleading, the ticker flashes green, even though the player is been insta sold and on occasions flashes red. How miss leading is that..

• Without having really looked into it I'm a verschaeren holder and hes lost about 11p. I was putting it down do the fact that he rose nicely for the internationals because he had a crack at PB and is now being abandoned cos they're over.

Malen has that in common he also has the youth thing in common. Either way I'd call it a minor annoyance.

PS add szonolszai to that list and also dennis man has took a hit and its beginning to look like a non PB youth thing

• Please tell me it's not still ongoing!

• Worst thing is I've never heard of Anthony Gordon..

• @Tim-P He's absolutely flinging the money around on all sorts of mad players. And everyone is following on....I just banged some more into Malen, he's going to be flying back up again soon enough.

• @Lukeroro and at 1.60 we probably won't either.

Taking money out of Malen to put into an Everton youngster seems odd, but each to their own

• @MickTurbo said in Donyell Malen plummeting...:

Without having really looked into it I'm a verschaeren holder and hes lost about 11p. I was putting it down do the fact that he rose nicely for the internationals because he had a crack at PB and is now being abandoned cos they're over.

Malen has that in common he also has the youth thing in common. Either way I'd call it a minor annoyance.

PS add szonolszai to that list and also dennis man has took a hit and its beginning to look like a non PB youth thing

There's definitely the start of a shift from youth to PB ahead of the dividend review. If dividends do increase then the opportunity cost of holding youth players increases as a result and, at least in the short term, it will be youth players that take the hit.

• @janner73 I'd agree with @janner73 there is always a pattern when people think div earners will rise, profit from yth is released to put on neymar etc.

It eventually comes back down though. Once the tops have pulled away again and yths look good value.
    Yths being sold, go down... Tops being bought go up... Gap widens, yths look appealing once happy with stock in earners.

So if you've already bought your div holds, good time to be buying the unwanted yths... Maybe wait til nearer the announcement when even more will be dumped.

• Agree it’s cycles. Look at the risers and fallers lists. Reliable PB players flying and youths taking a hit. Don’t panic just stick with good buys and they will have their time. I have mainly PB players but am topping up youth now on dips - Malen, Saka etc.

• @janner73 said in Donyell Malen plummeting...:

@MickTurbo said in Donyell Malen plummeting...:

Without having really looked into it I'm a verschaeren holder and hes lost about 11p. I was putting it down do the fact that he rose nicely for the internationals because he had a crack at PB and is now being abandoned cos they're over.

There's definitely the start of a shift from youth to PB ahead of the dividend review. If dividends do increase then the opportunity cost of holding youth players increases as a result and, at least in the short term, it will be youth players that take the hit.

There are players whom it is generally agreed will be transferring to PB leagues and whom it is generally agreed will be PB friendly. Possibly the best example being bruno fernandes.

Dya think the likes of him, ziyech etc will be the next to take a short term hit?

• @MickTurbo If they do, and I'm not sure they will, it will be much more smaller as you would imagine any dips in the likes of Bruno would be bought up quickly.
    It seems to be the expensive youth taking the hit at the moment - there still seems to be plenty of money going into cheaper youth.