Wrong to write-off Non-PB League Players?

• There is often a lot of negativity on here about players in non-PB leagues with suggestions that they are virtually worthless but is that justified?

Yes, they miss the week-in week-out opportunities to win PB through domestic leagues but with the way the index has evolved, there are more opportunities for them than before.

If their club is in the group stages of a European competition, that is six games guaranteed straightaway with knockout games over two legs (sometimes a few rounds worth) a possibility after that including those clubs that drop down from the Champions League to the Europa League. With MB now open to all (admittedly the odds will be long in most cases but you never know), IPDs plus more international games eligible than before, those that are international regulars at a team good enough to at least compete in Europe surely have some value?

Additionally some may have the bonus of being young with potential for solid price growth and/or the chance of a move to a PB league. That doesn't sound too bad a deal to me.

• @Boris999 Which is why I never sold Fernandes, even on the massive drop...now up again with transfer spec already starting again on him.

• @Boris999

I am of the belief that dividends are the true driving force behind the market.

If player X only plays 10 games in 12 months that are eligible for PB, and player Y plays over 40 games that are eligible, then surely the better bet lies with the player who has the most chances to win.

If you were stood in the pub, and the barman says Bill and Jim are having a darts competition to see who can hit the most bullseyes. Bill gets 40 darts and Jim only gets 10.

It might be the case that neither of them hit the bullseye ... but either way, I'd be putting my money on Bill ... 🤣🤷‍♂️

It stands to reason that non PB eligible players should be worth less than PB eligible players.

• @johnboywalker God I wish I was down the pub right now!!!! Perfect analogy. But the are of course the exceptions but I do mostly agree with your statement.

• @gball1975 said in Wrong to write-off Non-PB League Players?:

@johnboywalker God I wish I was down the pub right now!!!! Perfect analogy. But the are of course the exceptions but I do mostly agree with your statement.

I'm recovering from a 2 day hangover, currently operating at approximately 76% maximum efficiency.

I'm never drinking again ... (this week) 🤠🤣

• @johnboywalker I said that Sunday morning after Saturday night...was in the pub by 18:00 Sunday (what an idiot)

• @johnboywalker said in Wrong to write-off Non-PB League Players?:

@Boris999

I am of the belief that dividends are the true driving force behind the market.

If player X only plays 10 games in 12 months that are eligible for PB, and player Y plays over 40 games that are eligible, then surely the better bet lies with the player who has the most chances to win.

If you were stood in the pub, and the barman says Bill and Jim are having a darts competition to see who can hit the most bullseyes. Bill gets 40 darts and Jim only gets 10.

It might be the case that neither of them hit the bullseye ... but either way, I'd be putting my money on Bill ... 🤣🤷‍♂️

It stands to reason that non PB eligible players should be worth less than PB eligible players.

I do agree with your bottom point on the whole but just throwing it out there to generate some debate.

As mentioned, there are exceptions. You probably have a point with Bill and Jim down the pub but if you were giving someone like Fernandes about 10 or 20 chances of PB versus someone like Andre Gray's 38/40 chances, I know which one I'd take.

And I agree with @gball that it'd be good to be at the pub right now !

• @johnboywalker the issue is... Bill is already priced as if he is certain to win and Jim priced as a jeremy beadle stump handed gimp. When actually Jim is a sharp darts spitting master, just waiting to be picked up by a pub league playing more regularly. Not his fault he comes from Cornwall not London is it?

The smart bet is to bet on both, and hope one hits the bullseye with the full 50 darts.

• @Vespasian32 said in Wrong to write-off Non-PB League Players?:

@johnboywalker the issue is... Bill is already priced as if he is certain to win and Jim priced as a jeremy beadle stump handed gimp. When actually Jim is a sharp darts spitting master, just waiting to be picked up by a pub league playing more regularly. Not his fault he comes from Cornwall not London is it?

The smart bet is to bet on both, and hope one hits the bullseye with the full 50 darts.

Haha I like it ... 🤣

Feel free to quote me on twitter mate!? 😉

• @johnboywalker it didn't work... Don't think we received even 1 extra customer with that promotional piece! Only been on it a week or so... Need to slowly build my rep then pump the forum again 😂

• @Vespasian32 said in Wrong to write-off Non-PB League Players?:

@johnboywalker it didn't work... Don't think we received even 1 extra customer with that promotional piece! Only been on it a week or so... Need to slowly build my rep then pump the forum again 😂

I haven't spent any time on Twitter, but I get the feeling the big reputation guys on there are those that flash their wallets and constantly post screenshots of their 6 figure balances.

The forum is far more suited to my particular needs/wants.

But keep pimping the forum on twitter mate (I would give it a try if I even knew where to start!!)

The forum is one of the best things about the index.

• @johnboywalker there's some good discussion on there... I think some intelligent people that are crying out to talk strategy etc and are limited to 60 character tweets. They would be good for the forum and get something out of it themselves. Just need to get them to dip their toes in.

I've only seen a dozen or so accounts that are complete mugs showing off or constantly showing old 'tips' that have worked. Some of them have 500k in and hold blocks of 300...so must have pretty much every pb league player in port, so whoever rises, they can dig out a nice screenshot of before and after... Which further increases their reps as tippers and gurus etc.

• @Vespasian32

Only 60 characters?

I'd struggle with that ... 🤣🤣

• Only players I hold that are non PB league are Van De Beek and B. Fernandes. This is in hope that both will move next summer during the transfer window

• When i first joined there was one dividend only. 5p media buzz. Anyone who wasnt zlatan rooney or ronaldo was deemed pointless, if they were outside prem dead money. People laughed at those who held 70p ramos but who ultimately became 6.00 ramos. This place has totally changed since then so i dont laugh at anybody owning non pb players

• No such thing as a non-PB player. With more and more international matches opening up to pb, European games being eligible and the obvious transfer potential, I prefer to call them Not-Yet-PB players.