Feedback wanted (Short Survey)

• Hi guys.

We are looking to improve the Football Index experience for new users and would like everyone to participate in this short survey, some questions are very basic but this will help us to understand the potential difficulties a new user may face when getting started.

Thanks!

https://footballindex.typeform.com/to/HyB2ku

• The only answer i didn't answer yes to was the difference between the Top 200 and the rest. Surely it's not really anything now media is open for all?

• Same as @Ben_pz. I obviously know what it is, but now it's irrelevant.

So no point in a Top 200 & squad list - just lump them all in one.

• I put yes to the question in that they are split due to a hangover from their historical status of the top 200 only being eligible for MB.
    In terms of eligibility now, there is no difference and its just a case of waiting for the IT guys to merge them altogether.

It probably shouldn't have been included as a question as its no longer relevant, but hey ho....

• Yeh same as @Ben_pz again, I answered no to that one. Maybe being a bit pedantic but no is the honest answer with the current state of play

• @MickTurbo the fact you've caveated your statement shows you know exactly why it's there 😂 it's there because of the MB split, and since merging mb it hasn't been removed because why would they release a new website to fix that issue... When a new website is imminently due anyway!

• @Mark-FI

The questions asked all seemed pretty basic to me as a veteran of the platform.

But then I realised, without the forum and threads like Mistos 'all things football index', I probably would have struggled to say 'yes' to some of those questions.

The forum often acts as a customer made instruction manual for the Football Index and all new users should be directed here as a safe place to learn the platform.

• I said "Yes" to all the yes/no questions. It took a while to self teach. If there was an All Things Football Index thread when I started 14 months ago, it would have saved me from a steep learning curve.

• Copy and paste what @johnboywalker said.

I put "sort of" when asked do I understand mb rankings because although I understand the rankings I don't understand how the points are distributed, therefore I only sort of understand the rankings.

• Well that was a fun survey. I'm sure they'll get loads of feedback and valuable information from those answers

• tfw the forum has already posted your exact thoughts....

@Advinculas-Index said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

I put yes to the question in that they are split due to a hangover from their historical status of the top 200 only being eligible for MB.
    In terms of eligibility now, there is no difference and its just a case of waiting for the IT guys to merge them altogether.

It probably shouldn't have been included as a question as its no longer relevant, but hey ho....

@Nachais said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

Well that was a fun survey. I'm sure they'll get loads of feedback and valuable information from those answers

• @Nachais said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

Well that was a fun survey. I'm sure they'll get loads of feedback and valuable information from those answers

Well given they ask how long you've been on FI, they will want to see at what point people start understanding the site best. If it turns out at 4 months people are still confused, then that is something that needs to be looked at.

• The only thing I can think that would skew the results would be that most people that will do it. Are the users that engage the most with the platform, and these users are more likely to have the best understanding of how everything works. So FI would get a false reading that people in general are understanding the platform more than they really are.

• @Misto said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

The only thing I can think that would skew the results would be that most people that will do it. Are the users that engage the most with the platform, and these users are more likely to have the best understanding of how everything works. So FI would get a false reading that people in general are understanding the platform more than they really are.

The best thing will be to post on Twitter too - but have they done that?

• I understand it all, but I put "Sort of" for In-Play Dividends, because I don't know exactly what the players will get for doing what and also how long I will earn those dividends.

I definitely remember thinking 2 things at the beginning:

• Why isn't the point scoring (PB) mechanism a major call to action, always available
    • Why isn't the dividend scoring mechanism a major call to action, always available

These two things are fundamental to the "game", but I have to say that things are not easy to find with everything separated over the index, the news pages and social media. These should be clear and up-front and require no searching.

I also don't like that the promotion scrolling cannot be controlled. I'll see something that I wanted to read and need to wait 5 minutes for it to scroll back, or actually... I'll be trying to find a promotion that I've been notified about on my mobile (Which, always just open the app btw... never to any promo details and often I can only read the last message on my Galaxy S7, e.g. 3/3) and then wait to try to find a link to it.

• The top 200 is an inconvenience now, having to search across the two if you’re not sure of someone’s price is a pain which new users might not realise.

When I started out I muddled through the IS v market sell aspect, but think the main issue was that you’re expecting a market sale to happen quickly because you’re impatient to move things around, when in reality that’s just not going to happen. Could probably make it clearer by having the current market sell price on the button with ‘go to market’ below / above, then click through to set reserve as now and explain you’ll be waiting for buyers. Then the IS price on the right hand button with instant sell. Really depends if you want people to get it though!

• Could have a mechanism to tell you where you are in the queue..

• @Misto said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

The only thing I can think that would skew the results would be that most people that will do it. Are the users that engage the most with the platform, and these users are more likely to have the best understanding of how everything works. So FI would get a false reading that people in general are understanding the platform more than they really are.

I agree with this, and generally we are focusing more on the results from new users, the reason we added multiple choices for when you first joined the platform is so we can see at what point users are understanding certain features - this is invaluable for building out an onboarding process.

@ssalot said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

The top 200 is an inconvenience now, having to search across the two if you’re not sure of someone’s price is a pain which new users might not realise.

When I started out I muddled through the IS v market sell aspect, but think the main issue was that you’re expecting a market sale to happen quickly because you’re impatient to move things around, when in reality that’s just not going to happen. Could probably make it clearer by having the current market sell price on the button with ‘go to market’ below / above, then click through to set reserve as now and explain you’ll be waiting for buyers. Then the IS price on the right hand button with instant sell. Really depends if you want people to get it though!

We have seen a lot of comments about combining lists. This is something we are looking into and will be putting a poll out on social to gather better data

@Lukeroro said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

Could have a mechanism to tell you where you are in the queue..

This will come with order books.

As a side note, we have created a new twitter account (some of you may already follow as we have repurposed an old account. We will be using this to put out surveys, polls and showcase new features and prototypes to users. This will help us gather hard evidence and data to back up why we should be making changes.

• @FI_Mark said in Feedback wanted (Short Survey):

We have seen a lot of comments about combining lists. This is something we are looking into and will be putting a poll out on social to gather better data

Hi Mark, what is the difference between the lists now, apart from a historical one?

• @FI_Mark is Twitter going to be the main area of communication? I ask as I'm not on Twitter.

Also, as a former trader and forum user, thanks as always, for keeping us in the loop.