Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?

• I have always liked the idea of having a really small port and now I have one I love it. Only 3 players and I want to sell one of those and then go big on another couple. Are there many small port holders around?

• @Tom7471 spill the beans who are the players you can’t do us like that ...

• @Tom7471 you’ve got a set of steel ones mate !

• Haha they are nothing special or great value but pizzi 36p, neymar 7.35 and Reece James 2.18. you can probably guess who I'm trying to sell!!

• @Tom7471 yep I have only Pogba and Hazard. Completely changed my port recently.

• @C-Money Nice

• @Tom7471 Geubbels 1.09 and Paredes 0.68 atm. But looking to add just two more.

• I don’t but I’m trying to, I don’t have the millions everyone else seems to have so more in less players seems to be the way to go

• Anyone who has the balls to have big money in just a few players has my admiration. I’ve thought about it before but would just be too worried if one of the players get seriously injured and I just wouldn't be able to react straight away. I’m in a job where I cant just get my phone out of my pocket and make sure my players are okay. If you do decide to go down that route I would just say make sure you are able to react to any sudden changes. Certainly able to make big money if even one of your players rockets or wins dividends so well done to yous.

• I have 32 players currently but that is because I have a temporary 5 figure sum inflating my port that I can't afford to lose. I'll have to return it in the New Year which would leave me with a much smaller 4-figure port. I prefer to hold players in a minimum 100 share afterwise it isn't worth it if you win dividends. I'll probably settle with 3-4 players in the New Year so I'm encouraged that you are making a success of it!

• @Ollie Guebbels only played once in two years, held him for bit but always injured

• @CJ0101 it's also difficult to sell large quantities of a few players. As soon as you start adding to the sell queue the price already starts to drop.

• I went from 23 to 18 plsyers over the last couple of weeks but would like to go down to 10 players and go larger but just cant decide who to move on...or when.

• @Londoner said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

I have 32 players currently but that is because I have a temporary 5 figure sum inflating my port that I can't afford to lose. I'll have to return it in the New Year which would leave me with a much smaller 4-figure port. I prefer to hold players in a minimum 100 share afterwise it isn't worth it if you win dividends. I'll probably settle with 3-4 players in the New Year so I'm encouraged that you are making a success of it!

Oh dear. If you can't afford to lose it, why is it in here?

• @Yellow said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

@Londoner said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

I have 32 players currently but that is because I have a temporary 5 figure sum inflating my port that I can't afford to lose. I'll have to return it in the New Year which would leave me with a much smaller 4-figure port. I prefer to hold players in a minimum 100 share afterwise it isn't worth it if you win dividends. I'll probably settle with 3-4 players in the New Year so I'm encouraged that you are making a success of it!

Especially if this announcement is perceived to be a disappointment

• @MUFC Yes you're right on that with the injuries. However, Monaco had a dramatic season last year staving off relegation, and points would have been priority rather than blooding in youngsters. So it's not certain he was injured the whole time.

He's a similar player to Mbappe, cool, great positional sense, and both footed with explosive pace. With a potential of 4-6 times the buying price I think the wait is worth it. There's a good write-up here.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/players-watch-2019-20-willem-geubbels

@Stevo If you're selling the player when he hits demand, there's no price drop as such, as the buys bring the price back up.

@CJ0101 The way I look at is this. How many young players have gone out of the game forever with a serious injury? Can anyone name a recent one? The odds are thousands to one I would imagine, and possibly even more with a valuable player that is well looked after. Traders with small ports have to have the long game mentality.

A small port will multiply faster, so the risk is amply rewarded, and the absolute worst case is you would lose 25%. You ride out injuries. More care has to be taken in player selection, no five minute stuff.

• @MickTurbo said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

@Yellow said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

@Londoner said in Does anyone have portfolios with less than 5 players?:

Especially if this announcement is perceived to be a disappointment

Yes indeed. I'm at a level of net deposits that I'm comfortable with, but I don't intend to put any more in. If I happen upon a briefcase stuffed with untraceable £50 notes then that may change, but given that is unlikely to happen in my uneventful existence, then I'm sticking for now.

Obviously if it all goes belly up and I lose the lot then I'd be annoyed, but I would still be able to afford to live to the same standard as I do now. Occasionally things happen that make the impulsive part of my brain think I should deposit more money, like a dividend policy announcement or Adam Cole posting rocket emojis on Twitter yesterday, and then the logical part of my brain kicks in, tells me not to get overexcited, that I don't need to feed the FOMO, and then I calm down again.

If you're not in control during the smooth sailing, then you'll be the person shoving the women and children out the way to get to the lifeboats when the ship hits the iceberg.

• @Yellow If there’ll be any children heading for the lifeboat the gambling commission will make sure the iceberg is unavoidable!

• I down sized from 15 to 2 last month after selling my youth players to take profits and just kept my 2 premium players. Neymar 500 Pogba 700 Have since started to rebuild Messi 51 Hazard 51 and Griesman 40. Its was very tough as they dropped in price on a daily basis but now hopefully with the up and coming announcement I may have turned a corner. Have I done the right thing only time will tell.

• only holding messi, de bruyne and willock

held abraham from start of season till he powered through the £3 barrier

messi and de bruyne PB kings in my opinon, and joe willock is biggest under rated england youngster going, should be starting in that arsenal side every week

i dont follow european football enough, and i dont have the bank to commit to a bigger portfolio as my cash is elsewhere which for my circumstances is better

but i will start to look at other players in mind of the euros next year