Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?

• Can anyone advise?

I currently have 300 Pogba shares @ an av price of £6.85

If I buy 100 more for £593 it will bring my av price to £6.61.

What would you say is best. Hold what I have and hope for the best or buy more to reduce to av price hold?

Thanks

• There will be people that say sell, people that say hold as you are, people that say buy.

What do you think is the right thing to do?

• @Bezz82 I would say don't buy JUST to reduce the average price - if you think he's value at his current price and will rise then you buy and it's irrelevant what it does to the average. If you don't think he's value then you could probably argue you should be placing those you own in the sell queue :)
    The decision ultimately is yours as the forum is completely split on Pogba.

• Whatever you do it’s a gamble and as stated as I’ve you’ll get so very different and in some cases very vocal answers.

You just have to weigh up risk v reward (potential for both) and make the choice.

• I’m split. It’s a long term hold so buying at current price is appealing. + the 5%

But the worry he will drop more?

• Im with you mate, i go back and forth all the time then buy more. I think his return from injury plus dividend change make him a decent opportunity

• If new structure doesn't go in his favour I'd sell. If it does go in his favour I'd definitely sell.
    I personally wouldnt touch Pogba...better options out there

• His comeback from injury and the inevitable dividends are just around the corner now, IMO the dividend announcement will see MB get the most generous rise and that benefits pogba more than anyone, I say buy.

• @janner73 said in Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?:

The decision ultimately is yours as the forum is completely split on Pogba>

Pogba divides FI like Brexit divides the country...

• I bought at 1.81 and he's now 5.93 market price...

I'll be holding because he'll no doubt have January transfer news and potentially (if selected) some buzz ahead of the Euros.... But in hindsight I probably wish I sold in August for around £7+ but the philosophy was to sell if he ever left United and he's still bloody there!!!!

• @dannypea said in Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?:

I bought at 1.81 and he's now 5.93 market price...

I'll be holding because he'll no doubt have January transfer news and potentially (if selected) some buzz ahead of the Euros.... But in hindsight I probably wish I sold in August for around £7+ but the philosophy was to sell if he ever left United and he's still bloody there!!!!

All this talk of Allegri talking over could see him signing a new contract, made captain the lot and his price would only go one way. Personally unless he is back ripping up the league you can't see someone coming in with £150m+ whether it be January or the summer.

• @dannypea Buying in at 1.81 is vastly different to the mass of people who have bought him at the £6+ mark.

You were an early adopter of the index (over a year on here I guess) so you have plenty of leeway with his price but those people who have purchased last 6-8 months at the £6-8 region have plenty to be concerned about.

Please I am not knocking you and without the early adopters the index would not be where it is today.

I do believe though that if the dividend structure is increased to favour the top end he will recover and the run up to the divi announcement I would expect some movement upwards as people want to be on before the mass buying starts.

• @Stewarty Real Madrid would take... So would Juventus... Perhaps PSG.... but yes apart from that I can't see anyone else being interested?

His price though can still go two ways... the reason he's falling now is because he's been playing badly and even the media have been bored of his averageness now that the transfer window is closed... If his performances pick up his stock will inevitably rise... as too if the media mumbles start to circulate again MB will drive up his price...

Wouldn't put it past him to grab the headlines this weekend?

• You can buy some solid PB holds at around a 1/3 of his price.

I think the platform is heading more towards PB & player performances on the pitch rather than MB of yesteryear.

• @dannypea Agree at some point he has to start turning up in games.
    Ok he has been injured but he would effect games so much more if he was played in a more forward position which we can all see but Ole.

Maybe best thing for Pog would be for Ole to be sacked and a new manager getting the best out of Pogba.
    A big beating this weekend might bring that about🤔

• @Ericali Agreed

• @Ericali

It's a false economy though.

The top PB-only hold last season was Kimmich with 88p. Pogba meanwhile earned £4.06 from both MB and PB.

Kimmich is more than half Pogba's price, but delivers less than a quarter of his dividends over the course of a season.

In order for the numbers to stack up, you'd need to find a PB player priced at around £1.50 who delivers £1 a season in dividends - very tough to find.

• @ocs123 Show me where he earned £4.06?

Because last year had a share-split where 1 Pogba share became 3.

A lot of these companies like Football Index Scout haven't modified their stats to take into account such changes.

He's also not winning media now, so what he did last year doesn't necessarily translate to what he SHOULD do this year.

Especially when their are less triple media days & more MB people to compete against.

It's a clean slate this season & that's what he's being judged on.

• @Ericali MB was like their most important thing at the start .. so tell me why would they back away from that ?? Its just doesnt makes sense.. Holding Pogba makes more sense rather than holding your Thiago Almeda guy who has not proven anything , if you would understand sports you would know there is quite a lot of things involved in player development .

• @Bezz82 I think it's as low as he will go before the announcement of a divi restructure. I hold pogba too and believe he will rise again. If you believe that too then buy more. If not I would hold until you know what that divi restructuring means or if you are really worried about pogba sell him and make your money elsewhere. I'm taking the gamble!!!