Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?

• I bought at 1.81 and he's now 5.93 market price...

I'll be holding because he'll no doubt have January transfer news and potentially (if selected) some buzz ahead of the Euros.... But in hindsight I probably wish I sold in August for around £7+ but the philosophy was to sell if he ever left United and he's still bloody there!!!!

• @dannypea said in Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?:

I bought at 1.81 and he's now 5.93 market price...

I'll be holding because he'll no doubt have January transfer news and potentially (if selected) some buzz ahead of the Euros.... But in hindsight I probably wish I sold in August for around £7+ but the philosophy was to sell if he ever left United and he's still bloody there!!!!

All this talk of Allegri talking over could see him signing a new contract, made captain the lot and his price would only go one way. Personally unless he is back ripping up the league you can't see someone coming in with £150m+ whether it be January or the summer.

• @dannypea Buying in at 1.81 is vastly different to the mass of people who have bought him at the £6+ mark.

You were an early adopter of the index (over a year on here I guess) so you have plenty of leeway with his price but those people who have purchased last 6-8 months at the £6-8 region have plenty to be concerned about.

Please I am not knocking you and without the early adopters the index would not be where it is today.

I do believe though that if the dividend structure is increased to favour the top end he will recover and the run up to the divi announcement I would expect some movement upwards as people want to be on before the mass buying starts.

• @Stewarty Real Madrid would take... So would Juventus... Perhaps PSG.... but yes apart from that I can't see anyone else being interested?

His price though can still go two ways... the reason he's falling now is because he's been playing badly and even the media have been bored of his averageness now that the transfer window is closed... If his performances pick up his stock will inevitably rise... as too if the media mumbles start to circulate again MB will drive up his price...

Wouldn't put it past him to grab the headlines this weekend?

• You can buy some solid PB holds at around a 1/3 of his price.

I think the platform is heading more towards PB & player performances on the pitch rather than MB of yesteryear.

• @dannypea Agree at some point he has to start turning up in games.
    Ok he has been injured but he would effect games so much more if he was played in a more forward position which we can all see but Ole.

Maybe best thing for Pog would be for Ole to be sacked and a new manager getting the best out of Pogba.
    A big beating this weekend might bring that about🤔

• @Ericali Agreed

• @Ericali

It's a false economy though.

The top PB-only hold last season was Kimmich with 88p. Pogba meanwhile earned £4.06 from both MB and PB.

Kimmich is more than half Pogba's price, but delivers less than a quarter of his dividends over the course of a season.

In order for the numbers to stack up, you'd need to find a PB player priced at around £1.50 who delivers £1 a season in dividends - very tough to find.

• @ocs123 Show me where he earned £4.06?

Because last year had a share-split where 1 Pogba share became 3.

A lot of these companies like Football Index Scout haven't modified their stats to take into account such changes.

He's also not winning media now, so what he did last year doesn't necessarily translate to what he SHOULD do this year.

Especially when their are less triple media days & more MB people to compete against.

It's a clean slate this season & that's what he's being judged on.

• @Ericali MB was like their most important thing at the start .. so tell me why would they back away from that ?? Its just doesnt makes sense.. Holding Pogba makes more sense rather than holding your Thiago Almeda guy who has not proven anything , if you would understand sports you would know there is quite a lot of things involved in player development .

• @Bezz82 I think it's as low as he will go before the announcement of a divi restructure. I hold pogba too and believe he will rise again. If you believe that too then buy more. If not I would hold until you know what that divi restructuring means or if you are really worried about pogba sell him and make your money elsewhere. I'm taking the gamble!!!

• @Nikitz71 said in Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?:

@Ericali MB was like their most important thing at the start .. so tell me why would they back away from that ?? Its just doesnt makes sense.. Holding Pogba makes more sense rather than holding your Thiago Almeda guy who has not proven anything , if you would understand sports you would know there is quite a lot of things involved in player development .

You said it - "at the start......"

The platform is evolving.

You can't just sit in MB holds any more & rake in the dividends. Them days are long gone.

• @dannypea said in Advice on Pogba. Hold or buy more?:

@Stewarty Real Madrid would take... So would Juventus... Perhaps PSG.... but yes apart from that I can't see anyone else being interested?

His price though can still go two ways... the reason he's falling now is because he's been playing badly and even the media have been bored of his averageness now that the transfer window is closed... If his performances pick up his stock will inevitably rise... as too if the media mumbles start to circulate again MB will drive up his price...

Wouldn't put it past him to grab the headlines this weekend?

It's more of a case who can afford him, clearly Real don't have the money from what they spent in the summer, Juve don't like to spend big money on transfers, 2 of their top 4 biggest ever transfers are from 2001, Thuram & Buffon. And the wealth of players they have in CM, Pjanic, Ramsey, Rabiot, Can, Khedira, Matuidi etc would take a big shift in players & wages to get Pogba in. PSG for me was always the move on the cards but unless they sell Neymar then with FFP then this isn't possible. With Barca & Real both struggling for capital then you can see a big move very difficult to complete. Pogba played under Allegri at Juve, if and it's a big IF he took the job he is one of the best coaches in the world, I could see Pogba signing a massive new contact staying.

As for his price on FI, all the United players are suffering for their form, but something will kick them into life and when they do their prices will dramatically rise. Been lots of negativity around Pogba like there was around Messi last year on twitter / forum the way I look at it is I own 200 shares in Pog and he has returned me near £300 in dividends in 9 months being on the platform. His sell price is irrelvant to me as I don't plan on selling any Euro 2020 players this side of the summer, so in another 8 months or so if he has given me another £200-300 in dividends I will be a happy man and in no doubt the whole platform will have grown that his price will reflect that.

• @Bezz82 hold and buy now. That’s my advice.

• Buy more and hold for as long as he is at Utd I'd say.

• I hold and bought more. A couple of MOM performances or MB stories added to The Euros he can only go one way.

• @Ericali Yeah but those are premium holds , same as in real stock market you hold premium shares of apple , amazon etc etc .. PB is to unpredictable to have premium holds and you know why ?? Cause again player form is on and off , he might be hot or he might be cold .. thats why this MB thing exsited in the first place , to have that premium layer .. Otherwise there will be always a ceiling in prices.

• I’ve gone in with another 100 👍

After the announcement I had to make a decision.

In for a penny an all.

Do we think he will rise before Friday?

• @Nikitz71 Your not getting it.... 😐

Football index are playing with a larger user base than before. They can't afford to pay out countless dividends for something so predictable.

The premium buys will become those who win PB & MB. Think Kane, think Sterling.

If you are in denial about the platform evolving (moving away from MB) then go ahead & stock up on your premium apple's.

It's just a bit of advice - You can take it or choose to ignore it. 👍

• @Ericali your advice is becoming more like rhetoric every anti MB (Pogba) post you do

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.