Biggest surprise : odriozola
    Best young tallent : Arthur

• @Simon-j - Great post!

Winner - Argentina
    Top player - Werner
    Biggest Surprise - Hirving Lozano
    Best Young Talent - Giovani Lo Celso

• @Simon-j am changing mine Arthur for odriozola and sane for Arthur

• @Simon-j - Sane is in fine form at the moment... Great momentum for him!

• @Jay-Frazz Argentina?? Interesting choice I think people are expecting a Messi swansong am not so sure

• @Simon-j - totally agree with you, and i think Messi will have an average tournament - as usual.

Argentina have a dynamic approach and some awesome young players coming through. I think they will have one of the top squads in the tournament.

• Interesting choices so far - do you both really expect Werner to be the best player, or more top scorer? I hold him and think he's a decent golden boot shout, but the best player award I would expect to go to a more all-round attacking talent. And will Arthur really feature that much? Uncapped so far isn't he?

• @BL__FI : Well my heart wanted to say Kane, as best player... But with Werner, i think the team around him is so strong that it will bring out the best in him...

Any predictions from your side?

• Winner - France
    Best player - Griezeman
    Biggest surprise - Croatia ( not sure how big a surprise this will be for them to go far though )
    Best young talent - have to agree with Lo Celso

• @Matt369 I nearly had them same 2 France and griezman but I think the hostile Russian Country won't suit them, but if it was Purley down to tallent I think France would walk it

• @Simon-j interesting point, the French do have a tendency for imploding as a squad, but they seem to be in a good place recently, I actually think Fekir could play a major role as a player in form similar to Payet at the euros and they will get the best out of pogba with Kante and Matuidi in a three

• @Jay-Frazz Still thinking mine over! This thread has made me realise I've been so focused on media and PB scores the last few weeks I hadn't really thought about which teams and players I think will be the top performers in the traditional sense!

• @BL__FI this is just for fun I for one am not creating a squad for the wc it's too far away for me, anything can happen and too many dividends up for grabs in next 10 games

• @Simon-j It's a tricky one as looking at the way prices are going a lot of people clearly are setting up for the world cup already, so if you leave it too long the prices will all be inflated by the time you buy. As a compromise I'm focusing on players I fancy to provide returns both before and during the WC.

• @Simon-j said in World Cup predictions ::

@Matt369 I nearly had them same 2 France and griezman but I think the hostile Russian Country won't suit them, but if it was Purley down to tallent I think France would walk it

I don’t understand the remark about hostile Russian Country? Please explain? I cannot myself see a better country to hold a World Cup save the fact your unlikely to see many ordinary Russians inside the stadium has to most a ticket starts off at 3 weeks wages each!(and allocated country by country) the weather in Russia in June will be like being in France! In most areas 70 Degrees at a guess neither too hot or too cold! won’t be much different to English weather either
    If we was talking December in North Russia could go has cold as -56 but in June no issues! Has for the stadium Putin has spent billions on stadiums and inferstucture city’s like Samara have seen this too. I was sent a picture the other week of the stadium in St Petersburg (was minus -20 when Celtic was there covered in snow outside) but it’s all good! Just cold winters! Tickets start off at £290 and sold out from what I understand. But having traveled around Eastern Europe and knowing many Slavic people I don’t get the comment at all but maybe you know something I don’t know? Or I ain’t realised?

• @Chicken-Badge you obviously don't know of union or rb warriors there will be violence like not seen for a long long time inside and out of stadiums

@Chicken-Badge you obviously don't know of union or rb warriors there will be violence like not seen for a long long time inside and out of stadiums

I was looking at tickets and fan ID any grief will cost a russian fan 2 weeks wages. I know there reputation is bad and so is ours France may get some racial abuse I guess and ain’t a idea to wonder the streets in colours but I think the stadiums are very good same with weather and I am hopeing no matter how organised the gangs are they won’t spoil this. I do think the pricing and ticketing system and ID will keep trouble from inside the ground?

• @Chicken-Badge this has been pre planned for 4 years it's all over the web, I hope this time am wrong but I think it's gonna be chaos

@Chicken-Badge this has been pre planned for 4 years it's all over the web, I hope this time am wrong but I think it's gonna be chaos

I’m surprised actually now I’ve looked at the France venues I thought they was all in the Yekaterinburg Arena but there’s one in Kazan and most worrying one in Moscow. Russia is vast and if organised right they can avoid problems. I go see many pop concerts in Eastern Europe the main worry is because wages are so low sometimes security can’t be arsed. Was in Kiev to see Depeche Mode and was ok once inside the ground! But getting in was crazy! But you will know more than me if you travel to footy matches in Russia or FSU. I do know to see Dynamo Kiev the cheap seats are under £1 and 15p to get to the stadium :-D

• For me I can't see past Brazil to win it. With or without neymar. Surprise package could be Switzerland for me, think they might make it further than the bookies fancy them for. Player of the tournament will be Neymar as he always ups his game for Brazil. And top scorer will be Lewandowski. He'll fire in 4 or 5 in the group stages alone I reckon.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.