Reset button

• Would anyone else like to reset their port? A one-off, 'sell em all' and you get the cost of your port back as your balance.

I've only been on this a couple of months now but feel I know way more now (largely thanks to this forum!) and would approach things very differently if I started again and could build a port from scratch.

I've only got a low four figure port and about 3% up....which is basically break even when you factor in the costs....and it feels there is opportunity to smash that out the park.

Could sell to the market but cant bring myself to sell the ones at a loss. Can hopefully offload some on an IPD gameday spike :)

Must be some others here who have gone for a cleanse and rebuilt?

• Think we've all had that feeling but not sure I get your argument about not wanting to sell at a loss. Surely if the "sell em all" button existed you'd be selling players at a loss? You just wouldn't think about it as you'd be selling the lot

• Sounds like you’re in the same boat as @ScouseSte who listed his entire portfolio and enforced a one month timeout so he’s not tempted to log back in and meddle. He’s planning to start from scratch in November I think. Perhaps you could do something similar? Or are you looking for an “immediate reset” so you don’t have to wait to get involved again?

• Have been on here for 4 months, and after the first 6 weeks my port was around 10% down. At that stage I would've happily taken that, but as it is now things have improved. But yes - with advice and recognising more and more trends i'd have my money back and go from scratch, with a portfolio very different to how it is now.

• @Brane_Ormso I think its purely the irrational thinking of man (maybe just one man!). In the 'sell em all scenario' the netting off happens out of sight....otw, the crystallisation of a loss, triggered by me selling a single player, would be painful. A clear an obvious indication of failure.

Would be nice to have a clear deck and ammunition in the bank for 7pm 29th Oct thats for sure.

• @Coleyscrooge Don't want to wait! I can see how easy it is to keep depositing into this platform tho, so fair play for taking the self-banning option, very sensible move for those that need to.

• Yes @Coleyscrooge is correct - on 2nd October I put my profile in the queue to market sell. I then hit the time-out option for a month.
    I was VERY lucky, as most of my sales went through on the day of the first "announcement" and I got pretty much top price at the time.
    Pogba, Sterling, Salah, Hazard all sold at either good profit or at losses that were minimal compared to the days before they sold.

However, the decision to timeout for a month has backfired slightly, as I'm now left with a lovely cash balance but can't respond to FI's knee-jerk reaction regarding div announcements (which has now been brought forward to 18th!).

I could probably email customer services and get the time out cancelled (it's not like a "self exclusion" period which is absolutely non-revocable) but I made my bed so I'll just have to lie in it.
    Anyway, the optimist in me thinks it might actually be a benefit to come back into the market with a load of cash on 3rd Nov, long after the dust has settled from the forthcoming announcement on Friday 😎

• @ScouseSte there is always opportunity, waiting for the dust to settle can be the best time to find the bargain anyway... With all the others having risen you have a better idea of where the bar has been set and what increase you could expect if your "find" proves himself with a goal or decent pb score.

• @Vespasian32 said in Reset button:

@ScouseSte there is always opportunity, waiting for the dust to settle can be the best time to find the bargain anyway... With all the others having risen you have a better idea of where the bar has been set and what increase you could expect if your "find" proves himself with a goal or decent pb score.

It's a fair point mate.

And in truth, the idea of a sell up was to then come back with a fresh strategy - despite the dividends announcement kinda throwing a spanner in the works I'd be silly not to at least have a go at some new tactics.

• @TotalPunt I don't think FI would implement this as there are some huge portfolios around. Nearly £1m for example.

Being 4 clicks (?) away from a full sell and cash withdrawal would probably give the FI chiefs sleepless nights. There's also the possibility of accounts being hacked to consider.

Maybe a group select list (ticking one by one) would be a better option.

• @Metropolis Agreed, i was thinking more in a theoretical world, to get a lovely clean slate....preferably by Friday now :)

• @ScouseSte Well fingers crossed it all ends up well in the end...you might be buying some dips come early Nov.

• @TotalPunt plenty of dips occurring right now just as people jump ship to join the pb midfielder rush. I'm not making any buys or sells... On the whole port flying... But a few like boadu, stengs, martinelli dropping. And rightly so... Not going to be the biggest beneficiaries of the announcement.

But... Still very talented young players that have everything going for them in terms of potential. And all the reasons people were racing to buy them a month or so ago.

I'll be topping up on these with my deposit bonus. And it's a great time for anyone with cash reserves to scoop a few up..

Still plenty of Thursday night games for them to shine.

• I hold a piece of Parrott and I think he fits into that category, has been steadily tanking over the last week. Just have to hold firm if you believe in the quality and those that were bought for long term holds afterall.