Blog Post: EJ: How Football Index Conquer Sports Betting

• Hey all, check out this blog post by one of the biggest investors on Football Index!

https://footballindexguidepodcast.fireside.fm/articles/howfootballindexconquersportsbetting

• I hope someone from FI reads this. I know they have done their review but it’s a brilliantly well written piece. I think FI should look more into to traders helping make decisions. As EJ said traders can have a much better insight into the market than FI themselves.

EJ really is a hero

• Good read, i hope he is right

• Fantastic read.
    The market is actually behaving exactly as if it’s expecting the pb related ipd idea.

• Great read. Would be tricky having a trader panel and keeping things tight.

• @The-FIG probably one of the best and most accurate things ive read relating to football index. I really liked the idea regarding a 30 day PB incentive for high scoring players this would really address the odd trading activity we have seen lately

• @Black-wolf Good idea isn’t it.
    The one thing I would say is that it would have to be 2p’s minimum to see increased turnover and liquidity on the best pb players.

• A good read.

Do we think we'll be getting anything like that with the announcement tomorrow?

• @Black-wolf Would it though? It would add a bigger underlying value to every share, much like IPDs did. IPDs are valid for 30 days, just like this idea is only valid for 30 days. So I can't see why the pattern would change. If a player scores over 200+ people buy on massive for the dividends as there is no 2pm cut off, then next week if the same player fails to score 200+ he is dumped on massive, to pile in on the other players about to win dividends that day. Just like with the goals and assists making the market more volatile, this seems to very much the same idea with just a different win mechanism to get the dividends.

I agree it will add more weight to the PB system, but I don't think it would fix the issue of crazy movements. Which is something I want to see calm down.

• @Misto said in Blog Post: EJ: How Football Index Conquer Sports Betting:

@Black-wolf Would it though? It would add a bigger underlying value to every share, much like IPDs did. IPDs are valid for 30 days, just like this idea is only valid for 30 days. So I can't see why the pattern would change. If a player scores over 200+ people buy on massive for the dividends as there is no 2pm cut off, then next week if the same player fails to score 200+ he is dumped on massive, to pile in on the other players about to win dividends that day. Just like with the goals and assists making the market more volatile, this seems to very much the same idea with just a different win mechanism to get the dividends.

I agree it will add more weight to the PB system, but I don't think it would fix the issue of crazy movements. Which is something I want to see calm down.

I would personally put a 2pm cutoff on all dividends, including IPDs.

• @kristiang85 I'm very much for this, buying dividends and fastest fingers first doesn't really work for me.

• @The-FIG
    An enjoyable read thanks.

• @Misto it would definitely need a cut off time. I think IPD’s should have the 2pm cut off also as theyve totally killed my interest in cap app. It used to be slow and steady now its so volatile

• Yeah I’d like a 2pm cut off on all divs.

• @Misto tried to get into a bit of discussion with ej on twitter... I agree with the problems he highlights and we both want the same end result... But disagree with his solutions.

One big part for me which is a big hole...

Current pb is 2-3-5 and he's saying, essentially... Boost them... To add weight to PB. But let's say even if it became 20-30-50 the decision making process remains identical to current market sentiment (those taking the gamblers route of spreading on cheapies with a chance rather than premium with a virtual guarentee)

To get back to a logical trading platform with the ceiling rising rather than collapsing... FI need to create an incentive for us to buy the best players... I. E. Neymar.

They had this with mb being exclusive. Now its gone any increase to mb would make people even more willing to buy a handful of 50-200p players rather than 1 £10 player... So neymar/pog etc will get a small rise whilst your Willians, Jorginho, Fred, De Gea etc get a massive boost.

If they raise PB... People are more likely to spread risk and money across 10 cheap player like mollet, tait, bouregeud, willian, Alba... Etc than 1 £10 player... So again... Small increase at the top, big increase at the bottom.

Adding a div for consistent pb scores makes your verrattis and parejos way more enticing than neymar... They'd be top 3 as much as him... His usp is that he puts monster scores in and gets #1 not #3!!

My solution would be to bring back some exclusive offer... Be it banded by top 10/20/50/200 or a monetary figure like £5+ there should be a div category or reward (cash back) to incentivise me to buy premium.

Like... 5p dividend every quarter that you hold a top 50 player (hold for the duration of the quarter not just buy on the day of the payout)

One such mechanism that makes sense is the European pb multiplier. If there is a CL semi final in same day as a mid table vs bottom table Ligue 1 game... Previously you could buy every defender from the Ligue 1 game for cheaper than a Kimmich or TAA and have more chance of winning the PB because the game is easier to predict I. E. 3-0 home side where a CL semi between Bayern and Liverpool is a close call

But with the multiplier it makes sense to hold TAA or Kimmich. That's the kind of logic I want more of for this to be a stockmarket platform... A reason to 'invest' in good players rather than 'gamble' on poorer ones.

• Hard to fit that in a 60 character tweet 😂

• I think the bigger problem was the removing of more treble media days by including internationals for PB - even just making single match days treble media should help alleviate the problem a bit, as key PB players will still have a good chance of being in the top 3 more often (although Pogba was fourth yesterday I think, and would have got divs had it still only been top 200?). Even better if MB was treble every day, but I don't know how fiscally possible that is.

However, I will be disappointed if they don't treble up the media for single match days in tomorrow's review.

• @kristiang85 i kind of feel like media should be at least 3 places every day not just single match days

• @Ben_pz said in Blog Post: EJ: How Football Index Conquer Sports Betting:

I hope someone from FI reads this.

EJ has said he sent FI his thoughts several weeks ago. He called for a Share Split for a good while before it was announced, and he's called for a dividend increase for even longer - so don't worry about FI seeing his tail wagging!

• @Black-wolf said in Blog Post: EJ: How Football Index Conquer Sports Betting:

@kristiang85 i kind of feel like media should be at least 3 places every day not just single match days

Well yes me too, but as I said I'm not sure how fiscally viable it is. But it would be awesome if it happened.

If they don't do tiered PB, then I think they should do 3 places every day.