Defenders and forwards

• I am recently trying to add Pb players to my portfolio and have many midfielders and a few centre backs who dont seem to be winning PB since the matrix change and barely any strikers at all. Are full backs the way forward now? A list of defenders and forwards that are good value and good for Pb would be greatly appreciated

• Timothy Castagne still cheap, plenty of dividend opportunities with champ league and internationals. VVD is surprisingly cheap and has the added bonus of MB. I hold both this players.

Trent Alexander Arnold i dont own but wish i did, everytime i look and think ive missed the boat he keeps going up more. Waiting for a dip and ill get onboard.

• @NewUser340188 full back;

A few full backs I hold around the £1 or under mark with PB in mind;

Jordi Alba.
    Trippier.
    Ricardo Pereira
    Denzel Dumfries
    Theo Hernandez
    Marc Cucurella
    JonJoe Kenny

Some youth and potential mixed in with a few proven PB winners.

• @DW definitely agree with Kenny.

• Seen a lot of people saying Lucas Digne is due a rise, definitely think he could push £2 if he carries on like he did last season and nails down the LB role for France

• I'd also add cancelo. If/when he gets his starting place for city hes got huge pb potential and cap app potential that I think few can match.

Plenty of value wing backs at the minute

• @Stevo

Semedo and bernat

• @NewUser340188 benjamin pavard

• Leo Dubois only 54p

• Douglas Santos (Zenit are top of their UCL group) only 26p

• @NewUser384837 said in Defenders and forwards:

Timothy Castagne still cheap, plenty of dividend opportunities with champ league and internationals. VVD is surprisingly cheap and has the added bonus of MB. I hold both this players.

Trent Alexander Arnold i dont own but wish i did, everytime i look and think ive missed the boat he keeps going up more. Waiting for a dip and ill get onboard.

I think now that I'm over halfway through a monthly time out, I've had enough time to assess things and come up with a new strategy.

So, I'm going to put HALF of my portfolio into JUST ONE PLAYER as a long-term hold. That player, barring any surprising news tomorrow, will likely be TAA. He just ticks every box. Young, English, Scouse (all great for MB), takes corners, free kicks, scores the odd belter. Likely to play big part in Euro 2020. Likely to be Liverpool captain in the next 5 years.

I don't care that his price is going to rise even further before I get involved - ill be buying to reap the dividends from him over the 3 years. He'll be my new"pogba".

As for the other 50%, I'll play a really short-term risky game with it. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK INVOLVED NOW!!!

• @ScouseSte I had this revelation about 8 days ago, sold up about 30% of my portfolio to put into TAA, barring injury I cannot see a reason why in 3 years he price wouldn’t have considerably increased and he will be one of the most reliable dividend earners

• What exactly in the scoring matrix has suddenly made centre halves like sticks with dog shit on?

I mean theres a few on here that werePB beasts last season and now people seemingly won't touch them despite an likely dividend increase due.

Theres 5 or 6 I'm so tempted to stock up on big time but not sure whether it's down to the new matrix completely or just a collective loss of form?

Is it the dribbling factor that suddenly makes right and left backs more appealing?

• @Stevo There are still plenty of great value CBs. VVD has been on a big dip and yet to rise, but his PB average is huge so far this season (148). It's a matter of time before he wins PB with a massive score and then his price will fly up. If he gets close to the Balón Dor as well I would expect a lot of MB incoming.

• @Wotabeast yeah but his price is already ridiculous. I'm talking about the ones that were all brilliant last season, koulibaly, akanji, skriniar, elvedi to name a few but barely moving in price at all.

Not sure if it's a waste of time and money buying any of them.

• @Stevo Fair enough - though VVD dumped all over them in divs last season hence the higher price. All of those you mention are good bets I reckon.

• @Wotabeast he did of course but wasnt that more MB or did he win a fair bit of PB as well?

• Bobby Firmino has he got PB potential ??
    Any help appreciated

• Ramos. Surely Madrid will turn the corner soon...? Providing he is Still penalty taker??

• @Doug-s possibly but unlikely based on past performance against Salah and mane.