Seeking value elsewhere

• So I’ve read some great stuff on here and it’s far more civilised that twatter; this is my first post regarding players and I have to say I’ve really enjoyed doing the research.

I haven’t had the funds to invest with all the buzz of the new changes coming tomorrow and I’ve missed the boat on many of the players in the watch list; I was hoping for the 28th announcement as that’s pay day but them the breaks.

So I decided to look for players lower in value who I feel could return me a decent ROI with CA and potential PB; I started looking at GKs but unless they get their own category the ROI is likely to be low, so went for full backs who seem to have missed the investment so far.

Below are players I hold, I’ve either held them for a few weeks and have topped up or are new investments; these are all longer term holds and not players I’m likely to flip.

Leo Dubois 53p Lyon
    Currently injured so had a slight drop in price making him better value.
    Missed last France squad through the injury but played in the September qualifiers and likely to go to the Euro’s as a squad player; he has to displace Pavard to start but his form has been patchy at best.
    Normally RB but can and does play LB or LM/RM
    2 goals and 6 assists last year having been a regular starter from Jan onwards
    PB high of 193

Kenny Tete 33p Lyon
    LB or RB
    Dutch and only 23, played every level of youth football for Holland; it would be wrong to say he’s in contention for a call up but you just never know.
    Starting to get more starts than last season and becoming a regular switching with Dubois in terms of starting position but generally both play if fit.
    PB high of 222

Having sacked the manager after a poor start Rudi Garcia is in charge, he has a proven track record in Ligue 1 and hopefully both will benefit from the new manager bounce, and much improved results.

Despite the Poor start to the season they are still in the CL and have some decent winnable fixtures coming up.

Jonjoe Kenny 74p Schalke
    RB 1 goal 2 assists this season already
    Played ever minute of every game
    PB winner with 229

Suits David Wagners attacking style this season who have had decent start.

Been mentioned on the forums by a few and a player I topped up on today.

Bouna Starr 47p Marseille
    RB but playing RW this season for the most part
    1 assist
    PB high of 187

• Another strategy is to buy the back up player who sits on the bench, most players get injured. I have 3 or 4 like that.

• Leo Dubois was actually the player i was considering to buy with my bonus, now im also considering mykolenko...

• I held Dubois for a long time hoping for it all to click and it never did. I’m not sure it ever will.

• @Ringers he’s been in an under performing team so far this season, @FIGenesis has written a fair bit around him and his knowledge on French football and France is better than mine.

• @Sav2000 I was holding pretty much all of last season, there was an injury worry then, which is concerning if he has been injured again.
    He didnt do a lot last year, and I think there were lots of single game nights as well.

• Nice list. I've been doing likewise over the last couple of days, looking for potential options in the lower end of the market who haven't already had a big increase. I've plumped for:

Bernat
    Sahin
    Ndidi

• @Ringers yeah I did see that, but I consider it to be a low risk hold like the others to be fair.

Also took a punt on the RB Salzburg full back Wober 23 y/o who’s just made the Austria squad; hoping he follows the pathway out of The Red Bull stable and has good CA

• Anyone had a look at Maxime Lopez at Marseille? He is young and has had some links to the prem last season. Completes loads of passes with a very high accuracy and has a couple of assists this season. 85p at moment and seems like he fits the matrix quite well but wonder if people are not looking at him as Payet is overshadowing. I don't own him but am tempted.

• @NewUser412886 I didn’t as this post was about full backs not attacking midfielders 😬

• Well don't I feel like a jerk!! I only hold Cucurella, Pavard and Semedo and they've all gone up a fair bit, though Pavard at 89p still seems very cheap when you think Kieran 'I can't even get a game' Tierney is nearly 2 quid!!!! Otherwise, full back wise I am looking at are Theo Hernandez, Stephen Lainer and Juan Bernat.

• @NewUser412886 said in Seeking value elsewhere:

Well don't I feel like a jerk!! I only hold Cucurella, Pavard and Semedo and they've all gone up a fair bit, though Pavard at 89p still seems very cheap when you think Kieran 'I can't even get a game' Tierney is nearly 2 quid!!!! Otherwise, full back wise I am looking at are Theo Hernandez, Stephen Lainer and Juan Bernat.

I hold Pavard and Hernandez too but more for PB and Euros than CA although I am hoping for some rise as we approach the summer. Bernat was tempting but I was looking for cheaper lower risk players to take a punt on.

• @Sav2000 Dubois should be freed up under Garcia to attack a lot more.

• @NewUser412886 when can’t Tierney get a game?

• @FIGenesis hoping so topped up again 😬

• @Sav2000 💪💪

• Kenny Tete scored 195 in a nil nil draw not to shabby for his price a single great day when the new dividends are live could provide a tidy ROI.

• 8p rise and Kenny Tete and into the top 5 risers has anyone seen people pumping him on twatter?

I know he scored well at the weekend just surprised to see a big rise on a Monday

• @Sav2000 I think people have just followed your informed mention in your earlier post 👍, I hold now and already had J Kenny .

• Freddie Woodman - 0.28

Playing well at Swansea thus far. It looks as though they’re going to have a decent season so he’ll be putting himself in the shop window each week. His parent club, Newcastle are quite poor so could go down, which could see Dubravka, who is a good player, leave and Woodman get a chance. If Newcastle stay up, whoever the manager is next summer may have a toss up between Dubravka and Woodman. He’s also English, 22 years old and has been in the England youth set up for quite a while so could well get a call up in the next couple of years.