Alexis Sanchez

• I'm not a 'chartist' by any measure, but it looks from the 7 day and 24hr chart that the Sanchez Sell off has finished...

Been waiting for the right time to jump in...

Not sure if he needs more time to settle at United before he will start showing signs of those awesome performances in an Arsenal shirt... and his price does seem high for what he is currently delivering.

Anyone here holding/buying?! Thoughts?

• Don't currently hold, but I've been doing the same and came to a similar conclusion.

Just can't seem to find the motivation to buy- I've no tangible points to convince myself he'll grow.

• @CleanShirtTrader - It's funny you say that - i've been trying to find reasons to buy him now, but can't find any outstanding justification...

More the fear of missing the 'low' buying opportunity motivating me right now.

He will need to shine against Palace on Monday to get buying power behind him again.
    Once he does get moving, i think he will climb back up pretty quick with some good Media focus to help!

A heads up on a big buy back in would be appreciated! ;)

• same here, lack motivation to buy. he won't be at the world cup and utd just aren't playing the kind of football to set the FI alight

• Mourinho stifles players too much for me, players generally detiorate under him, I can't remember the last player he improved?

• I genuinely think there's a year or two-long prospect of some good returns. I'll probably go in heavy as soon as the WC is over and he puts 7 past an Indonesian 2nd-tier youth team.

• No WC, loads of people holding just because they are making huge losses and hope for some returns in terms of price recovery or dividends, I would recommend against Sanchez
    *scores an hat trick next match and price jumps 10%!

• @Ermejo said in Alexis Sanchez:

No WC, loads of people holding just because they are making huge losses and hope for some returns in terms of price recovery or dividends, I would recommend against Sanchez
    *scores an hat trick next match and price jumps 10%!

If people are stupid enough to buy a OAP ex gooner who’s team wasnt anywhere near champions league standard when he was being transferred and was within 5p of Harry Kane and has no World Cup when they could of had Kane for same money who’s within two months worth double him and has World Cup English CL latter stages and may even soon be biggest transfer even to say a few points then I feel these people are worthy of being the ones who lose for shrewd traders to win... people need to do there homework it’s a platform not a money tree!!! I’ve made little mess ups myself but nothing has crazy has £2 plus lost maybe 20p a share not £2 a share!!! A mistakes only a mistake if you learn from it!!!

• @Chicken-Badge - Good to see you're not sat on the fence with this one CB ;)

• @Simon-j
    Deco

• @MULLINSFC jesus grasping there ain't ya lol how long ago😂 in all seriousness look at the names he's held back, regressed....... De bryne, mo salah, lukaku, rashford, and many more

• @Jay-Frazz said in Alexis Sanchez:

@Chicken-Badge - Good to see you're not sat on the fence with this one CB ;)

@Jay-Frazz said in Alexis Sanchez:

@Chicken-Badge - Good to see you're not sat on the fence with this one CB ;)

I think I have a evil streak in me because I was watching him get within a few pence of Kane then glued to the screen to watch the red boards and tumbling price. Spending a few extra pence on a IPO is one thing but seeing Sanchez flirt with Neymar Kane Messi and be way above Salah made no sense whatsoever even if he was going to United ...

• @Chicken-Badge well said and well presented.

• @Chicken-Badge I'll hold my hands up and say I screwed up on him, bought him in the mid 6's, reaped the non-stop divs for a while, then considered selling at about 7.10 and thought he's at Utd, decent player, he'll continue to win PB n MB so price shouldn't fall too much...
    .... FFS might as well keep him now!

• @Agatello said in Alexis Sanchez:

@Chicken-Badge I'll hold my hands up and say I screwed up on him, bought him in the mid 6's, reaped the non-stop divs for a while, then considered selling at about 7.10 and thought he's at Utd, decent player, he'll continue to win PB n MB so price shouldn't fall too much...
    .... FFS might as well keep him now!

Your football knowledge is far better than mine and I’m quite surprised you bought him so high!

The drop seems to of stoped now and he’s now 50p less than Pogba which is much more realistic in my view!

Buzz has totaly dried up on him and PC hence the bottomless drops not stoping till now. (or at least I hope for you) I don’t hold any at all and never have.

I should really try keep away from car analogy’s but just like a car runs on fuel, a Man U player needs media buzz, hence whilst ever Pogba gets bizzare story’s on the feed the fuel keeps him moveing or at least that’s the way I see it.

What’s amazing about FI is each player is used as a financial instrument but now Sanchez has been stripped the traders who flip have done there thing.

So at where he is there’s a fighting chance.

Never been a player I’ve liked I try ignore who a player plays for when making a financial choice but only gooners or formar gooners I’ve invested in are Ozil and Giroud. (due to price appeal)

Fact that Sanchez has no World Cup should slow down investment too unless he starts to pick up buzz. He’s at Man U so other chance being if he gets in some good performances and they get further in the Champions League

The other point being when people join FI they invest in top players so over a three year period he will go up from where he is now however you need to watch out over his age too. It’s a tricky one depending how heavy you went in a well timed top up may help. I try avoid older players myself.

Your call, hope there’s something in what I’ve put that can add to your own reasoning when you weigh up the pros and cons on your investment

The remark about the deserve to lose money tree oviously wasn’t aimed at you however the fact you can see your own mistake at not selling and getting out at £7.10 shows you’ve learned from this experience and you have the skills to get it back elsewhere where many others will not have or say the platforms rigged and shy away from taking responsibility for there own actions.

• Av only been here 3 weeks but from the info I have ad guess the fact he won some 20 mb wins in a row was a driving factor on his price being over inflated, he will never achieve anything at man u in my view, never appear in the top 5 again and his price will slowly decline now, I actually thinks his worth is between £3.50 and £4 based on his future roi, people don't wana make a loss so some big holders hanging on in hope.

• All if's and buts Gents, he's not had an amazing start to his Utd career, post move articles about how many times he loses the ball didn't help either.

I've always rated him quite highly myself and thought he'd become a bit of a Saviour at United.

As long as he stats picking up dividends before the end of the season I'm not overly concerned about the red figures and the wish I'd sold feeling. The wish I'd bought feeling is more frustrating :-)

• @Agatello

Has long has the rest of your portfolio is strong it shouldn’t matter too much one player loseing short term. There’s a meet in a couple of weeks maybe some of that play though money they give away will be thrown his way. If the playthough cash don’t give him a kick then maybe re-evaluate the situation but hope your instincts with this are spot on good luck

• @Chicken-Badge have they confirmed there'll be a play through bonus? I should imagine you're right but I'd like to see them get creative in some way. I can't wait to get Luke Chadwicks autograph!

• @Agatello said in Alexis Sanchez:

@Chicken-Badge have they confirmed there'll be a play through bonus? I should imagine you're right but I'd like to see them get creative in some way. I can't wait to get Luke Chadwicks autograph!

When I bought my ticket (FOR FREE) if you can buy something free but I signed up or whatever it was it said this the last part of the wording mirrors what they said last time before Adam let the cat out the bag

Note wording exclusive offers for new and existing traders (was 20% play though last time)

DESCRIPTION
    Football INDEX is going on the road.
    It's time for our first Trader Meet up North, we are going to Manchester!
    The night will consist of a presentation from our Founder and CEO, Adam Cole, where he will announce our exciting plans for the upcoming months. We’ll be joined by a very special guest who’s a multiple Premier League winner and we'll be showing the FA Cup quarter-final afterwards. Man Utd v Brighton which kicks off at 19:45.
    We can't put a great enough value upon the feedback and suggestions that we receive from our traders so afterwards please join us for drinks and nibbles where you will have the opportunity for you to pick our brains and vice versa. It would also be brilliant to put some faces to the names of our existing customers as well as meeting the new ones.
    Finally, at the event, there will be exclusive offers for new and existing football traders.

Read less

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.