Official pre-announcement hype, dreams,expectation thread

• We typically see a dozen threads within a matter of minutes when a new announcement happens and it dilutes the conversation.

Can we try our best to keep it one place tonight please.

I've set this thread up for that purpose... As of 6pm let's get all our thoughts and reactions in one place

πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€ 🍻 🍻 🍻 πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

Good luck tonight everyone, let's hope there no can of worms like a Gk category, or 500% ipd rise compare to a 5% pb rise. I think we will all be happy ☺

• Happy Dividend Review Day!!

• Buy Pogba πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€ please my children's inheritance πŸ™

• This is a great idea as I’m confused to fΒ£$k with all the different posts and conversation threads!!! Good luck everyone! πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€

• I'll be keeping an eye on the thread but I may be busy 6-7pm crunching the numbers then repeatedly trying to buy shares in people while the websites crashes repeatedly for 30-45 minutes. πŸ™„

• I posted this in another thread but moving it here and deleting that in the spirit of not starting too many post-announcement threads!...

Amidst all the rises and rockets of the last few days, it is worth considering and remembering that this dividend review is being undertaken with a view to making the index more sustainable, and a more logical, predictable market in the long term - which will hopefuyl benefit everyone.

I hope traders don't view this just like any old announcement and ride the cap app before jumping off in the immediate aftermath. It wasn't too long ago that the share split resulted in frenzied trading and then a big crash for the top end as people had over-bought and prices had risen too far. I'm somewhat encouraged this time round though, that the rises have been spread across the market and the main risers have been by and large very logical (PB winners or big PB scorers).

So i suppose my point is, if the announcement really is as good as FI are making out, this should encourage us all to keep our money in the index (if we are able to) and not sell-off for the short-term gratification of a little cap app and moving onto the next speculative cap app trade. The long term rewards of meaningful dividend returns should keep us all happy if we all hold our nerve and resist the urge to cash in!

Or am i being naive here? Will we see a drop off like we always do following the spike of an announcement?

• Surely a drop off is bound to follow.
    Profit taking has to happen and then reassessment and reinvestment

• If everyone could just buy Neymar and get him to about Β£15 that would be appreciated as I could probably retire after that!

• If someone would kindly "cut & paste" either the whole announcement or at least a decent summary on HERE too that would be much appreciated - Thanks

• @Ringers Maybe, though i haven't seen any ridiculous over-trading in any player - more steady rises across the index. The dividend announcement is designed to encourage people to stick with FI long term so hopefully people will look at it and consider it enough of an incentive/reassurance to do so. Maybe there will be a short dip followed by a steady rise over the coming months.

• What type of pb rise in percentage terms do we think there needs to be to uphold these prices?
    Considering they were already overpriced before the recent frenzy, I’ll say we need 40% bare minimum on pb.

• What time is the suspension?

• @Timothee-Atouba nonsense imo. I think those that win divs were reasonably priced as it was, you could get circa 10-40% ROI per year on many of the top end as it was in dividends. People just got greedy and then followed the lemons in the mass reverse pump sell off.

As much as I would love it to be a huge rise, we all would, I hope everyone has a wee reality check here. We shouldn't expect to be able to make 50%+ each year without doing much.

• @RU99 Ok. So for your 30 year old pb midfielder for example that costs Β£2+.
    You’d need them really to be returning 50p a season upwards just to break even. No?

• @Lukeroro 6 until half past, then market reopens

• @Timothee-Atouba of course, but they shouldn't be 2 quid. The 3 quid to 50p area is filled to the brim with players that will be lucky to win 2-3 dividends their whole career, but idiots buy them anyways. They are overpriced because they don't return divs.

But those who deliver divs every month - Neymar, Messi, Pogba, Salah et al, those top young players who absolutely will return divs - Mbappe, Greenwood, Sancho et al, were also priced accordingly imo for a full career hold minus a few 2% to keep the bet rolling. I don't think anyone who held the top end for say 12 months could argue their ROI was not more than fair. But peoples be greedy. Or people expect a big standard player who will achieve feck all special to return them 50% divs in a year from 2 good games.

• @DANFI
    Can you sticky this?

• @RU99 Of course. But those mb players have had their returns diluted for more than one reason and regards the pb players I agree entirely they’re overpriced like nearly every player.
    My question was basically what dividend increase do we need to see so most players don’t get a marked drop off?

• @Timothee-Atouba I think we will see FI surpass the "28%" increase they introduced at the time of the Share Split. Pre-SS i was suggesting they needed to go 50%+ in terms of an increase, yet most people were very happy with the 28% that was announced. That has proven to be insufficient to keep the market focused on divs, so i would hope they go for the 50% this time.

At least as important as the overall % increase in divs though, has to be a plan to re-evaluate divs at regular intervals, or automate dividend increases/decreases indexed to the Footie or some other measurable/transparent metric (market cap perhaps). I think this would do more to increase trust and faith in the index in the long term than a one-off div increase that may not happen again for a couple of years.

• Noticed a few keepers have started to rise in price, and also more than normal amount of media articles.

Wonder if there has been a slight 'leak'?