Official pre-announcement hype, dreams,expectation thread

• @Ringers Maybe, though i haven't seen any ridiculous over-trading in any player - more steady rises across the index. The dividend announcement is designed to encourage people to stick with FI long term so hopefully people will look at it and consider it enough of an incentive/reassurance to do so. Maybe there will be a short dip followed by a steady rise over the coming months.

• What type of pb rise in percentage terms do we think there needs to be to uphold these prices?
    Considering they were already overpriced before the recent frenzy, I’ll say we need 40% bare minimum on pb.

• What time is the suspension?

• @Timothee-Atouba nonsense imo. I think those that win divs were reasonably priced as it was, you could get circa 10-40% ROI per year on many of the top end as it was in dividends. People just got greedy and then followed the lemons in the mass reverse pump sell off.

As much as I would love it to be a huge rise, we all would, I hope everyone has a wee reality check here. We shouldn't expect to be able to make 50%+ each year without doing much.

• @RU99 Ok. So for your 30 year old pb midfielder for example that costs £2+.
    You’d need them really to be returning 50p a season upwards just to break even. No?

• @Lukeroro 6 until half past, then market reopens

• @Timothee-Atouba of course, but they shouldn't be 2 quid. The 3 quid to 50p area is filled to the brim with players that will be lucky to win 2-3 dividends their whole career, but idiots buy them anyways. They are overpriced because they don't return divs.

But those who deliver divs every month - Neymar, Messi, Pogba, Salah et al, those top young players who absolutely will return divs - Mbappe, Greenwood, Sancho et al, were also priced accordingly imo for a full career hold minus a few 2% to keep the bet rolling. I don't think anyone who held the top end for say 12 months could argue their ROI was not more than fair. But peoples be greedy. Or people expect a big standard player who will achieve feck all special to return them 50% divs in a year from 2 good games.

• @DANFI
    Can you sticky this?

• @RU99 Of course. But those mb players have had their returns diluted for more than one reason and regards the pb players I agree entirely they’re overpriced like nearly every player.
    My question was basically what dividend increase do we need to see so most players don’t get a marked drop off?

• @Timothee-Atouba I think we will see FI surpass the "28%" increase they introduced at the time of the Share Split. Pre-SS i was suggesting they needed to go 50%+ in terms of an increase, yet most people were very happy with the 28% that was announced. That has proven to be insufficient to keep the market focused on divs, so i would hope they go for the 50% this time.

At least as important as the overall % increase in divs though, has to be a plan to re-evaluate divs at regular intervals, or automate dividend increases/decreases indexed to the Footie or some other measurable/transparent metric (market cap perhaps). I think this would do more to increase trust and faith in the index in the long term than a one-off div increase that may not happen again for a couple of years.

• Noticed a few keepers have started to rise in price, and also more than normal amount of media articles.

Wonder if there has been a slight 'leak'?

• @Millerman-again said in Official post announcement thread:

Noticed a few keepers have started to rise in price, and also more than normal amount of media articles.

Wonder if there has been a slight 'leak'?

This always happens...

• @kristiang85 Been nice for me as I have been able to bin a few keepers I have had for 6 months or so, actually made profit rather than wipe my feet.

• Can't imagine it will be GKs or anything controversial last thing on a Friday night.

What I would like:

PB (tiered).
    1p, 2p (Single)
    2p, 4p Double)
    3p, 6p (Treble)

Triple MB - - > Top 5

What I predict:

3p (Single)
    6p (double)
    9p (Treble)

Triple MB - - > Top 5

• @Metropolis i think mite b top 3 pb overall places get paid regardless of position then the usual standard positions. Media extra place or slight increase.

• @Metropolis i have i feeling they may actually double everything to ensure continuous growth for a while and encourage reinvestment of any dividends earned. They need people to build portfolios over time so will need an increase that that is big enough to push the ceiling far enough away to keep growth going for months to come

• Used today to get shot of a couple of keepers. Love it.

• @Black-wolf said in Official post announcement thread:

@Metropolis i have i feeling they may actually double everything to ensure continuous growth for a while and encourage reinvestment of any dividends earned. They need people to build portfolios over time so will need an increase that that is big enough to push the ceiling far enough away to keep growth going for months to come

I hope you're right! I'm not banking on it though - however it would be the most sensible thing to do for the long-term. I just can't predict without knowing their finances.

However, a div rise would be worth much more for future growth than another shirt sponsorship.

• @Black-wolf Maybe not quite double but I think it will be a significant rise. For this to really work it needs to be an increase not just to catch up to where the market is today but to allow for significant growth in the next 12 months. FI have to put their hands in their pockets to do that but if they do the rewards will be substantial for them and for traders.

• I think they will increase as much as they can to make it look better on the eye. So no tiered places for me.
    33% increase. Would love more but we dont know their finances and data of users, or information they have received regarding potential big investors surrounding the nasdaq.
    Imagine theyve had professional letters saying if this is done within the year we will put 1million into the platform etcetera etcetera

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.