Straw Poll On Cash Balance

• How many people have already spent the money they put aside for this announcement, trying to second guess FI or are you saving your funds til you know the new state of play?

• @Misto said in Straw Poll On Cash Balance:

How many people have already spent the money they put aside for this announcement, trying to second guess FI or are you saving your funds til you know the new state of play?

I intended to save but have splurged about 55% of it. Still got a decent amount to use later when I can't do anything because the site has crashed.

Can't wait.

• @Misto In second guessing. Could deposit for a shock but would probably be pointless by the time I can actually access the site!

• @Misto spent mine during deposit bonus... So just been watching the last couple of weeks from sideline. Made two buys last night with last of my money 500 souquet, 500 de Gea. Both gone well ☺ but pretty sure anyone putting money in this week has done very well.

Let's hope someone's kept some cash back for post announcement!

• My current balance is 6p and my daily max limit is maxxed out to 9:43 I think. So that's that. Kind of glad really because it takes the should I put more in than I am comfortable with decision out of my hands.

If there is a serious seriously good announcement then there will probably be an upwards trend for at least 12 months and plenty of time to come up with a long term strategy whilst having enough in now to catch the knee jerk boosts.

If it's not good or just meh then comfortable with the amount at risk.

• I spent what I was planning already. Got a couple of thousand I could drop right in if I feel like it's warranted, but I've also got over £1000 coming from the bonus pay out to use soon. So i'll just play it by ear after 6.00.

• @Misto my £1000, paid out tomorrow lunch time?, will be going straight into the index. Trouble is I'll spend it in a flash then spend the next few days gutted I acted too quickly.

• I've been mentally preparing myself for this for a month - I just had a feeling a dividend rise/announcement was coming. No way would FI let things slide for too long when they had spent so much on marketing. I'll be ready to go as soon as the website lets me later.

The only problem is I just don't know who to splurge my balance on first.

0_1571409350368_upload-f78167cc-29d7-4b7a-9db9-edd2886b87cc

• Can foresee a ton of money going in this evening after the announcement if it’s taken well. I’ve never seen such an announcement at the same time as an active bonus period. Also with the bonus being paid out tomorrow and league football back on, I hope to see a Big Bang explosion 💥 this weekend!!

• Current balance 61p and I'm enjoying trading lately rather than just mindlessly depositing to buy so I dont anticipate I'll be depositing tonight either

• I’ve got 2.5k cash balance at the mo, should be 3.2k by 6pm as I’m front of the queue on a premium player.
    I have a couple of options....

• Was saving up for the announcement end of the month but when they brought it forward I splashed the cash. Working tonight so can’t react. Just got to hope it’s in line with expectations

• Put 6k in this morning the plan was to save half for after the announcement but that never happened it’s all gone😢,on the plus side I caught a couple of the big rises😄

• I've put some emergency money in my balance just in case there is something really left field that I need to react to whilst I'm in the pub, but I'll be taking it back out tomorrow if not.

• I've saved some money for the announcement. Will take my chances on the site's reliability.... 😢

If I don't get to spend my money so be it - I'll look for value elsewhere in the market.

Thing is - I'm pretty sure I could spend my money now on 1,300 Messi & win about £600-£700 - but I'm being greedy & looking for a higher percentage riser.

I've no doubt the whales 🐋 of the site could easily drop £20k in tonight post announcement & wake up to a £1,000 5% bonus come Saturday PM.

• Yep sunk it all in. I suffer from tremendous FOMO and can also be highly compulsive which is a toxic cocktail when all those lights start flashing! This way I physically don't have any money to spend. Part of me wonders whether everyone else has sunk in a fair bit of money and it may be underwhelming. But then I remember that the market can be very enjoyable if slightly illogical. l remember the sharesplit which went berserk even though it made far more sense to buy before it was split. And I also remember people buying into the wrong Kubo in the last big rounds of IPOs proving there are still a healthy number of fools around. I am confident that there will be a good rise tonight

• @Ericali yeh nally one of them holding back his £10k (all on pogba no doubt so don't know why he's waiting). The 5% max payout is just £500 tho.

Personally I'd put it in now. The market still rising pre-announcement. Post announcement, barring a dividend decrease, is going to be very hard to be first on the buzzer.

• The best thing for the platform would be a huge dividend rise but everyone has put their money in already so there isnt crazy rises tonight.

If say dividends doubled and prices doubled tonight. Its great for us but the platform would be back where it was in terms of players looking over valued.

It would be far better for the platform if it took say 18 months for prices to catch up with any dividend rises so there is continuous growth.

Of course if the increase is say 10 percent then the market would do a collective meh and sink again. To at least pre announcement of there being an announcement prices.

• @Vespasian32 said in Straw Poll On Cash Balance:

@Ericali yeh nally one of them holding back his £10k (all on pogba no doubt so don't know why he's waiting). The 5% max payout is just £500 tho.

Personally I'd put it in now. The market still rising pre-announcement. Post announcement, barring a dividend decrease, is going to be very hard to be first on the buzzer.

Thought it was 10% on the first bonus upto £1,000 (max £10k) & 5% on the second bonus upto £1,000 (max £20k) 🤔

• I hope they will put more countries like holland and portugal in the PB mix and increase the amounts this will make it more diverse.