Spare a thought for the fallen

• Not going to lie, I'm gutted I sold up my portfolio and timed out for a month 😏. Missing out on all the fun and I'd probably be back to where I was in August if I'd have just left it.

However, if myself and many others hadn't gone down this route, none of these announcements would be happening, so I'd probably have seen my portfolio fall even further 🙄.

I'm still looking forward to the announcement tonight and hopefully everyone will see even further rises on those players who've already shot up. Just don't push the prices up TOO MUCH will yas?! I've got my portfolio cash balance to re-invest on 2nd Nov! 🙈

• @ScouseSte if Rashica hits £2 I'll DM you and send you a couple hundred notes!

I stand by what I said the other day... You will still be in a great position to pick up bargains when u return, youl miss one trend today and be at the start of another tomorrow. So many will be selling the likes of Haland to jump on pb players... Youl be able to mop up the dips.

• @Vespasian32

Yea mate you're probably right.
    In truth, I wouldn't be trading post-announcement, I have been doing it during the last few days.
    If I still had my original portfolio, I'd not have touched it at all this past two weeks.

It's just having the cash balance staring me in the face that's the sickener 😭😆

• @Vespasian32 said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

@ScouseSte if Rashica hits £2 I'll DM you and send you a couple hundred notes!

I stand by what I said the other day... You will still be in a great position to pick up bargains when u return, youl miss one trend today and be at the start of another tomorrow. So many will be selling the likes of Haland to jump on pb players... Youl be able to mop up the dips.

My thoughts have already turned to the next trend to be honest. Hopefully the announcement is so good that divs winners is the trend for the foreseeable but I reckon non PB youth which has taken the biggest hit this week or, depending what they do with MB then maybe the pb transfer spec players like fernandes who I've temporarily sold up

• ''I am Scouse Ste''

• @ScouseSte best thing about your time out is that you will return with a large cash balance and you wont be jumping on players at peaks like many may do tonight. As with every announcement theres a spike then some profit taking before things calm down. You will likely find yourself coming back in to a much calmer market and you will have tome to sit back and really think about where your money is going

• @ScouseSte said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

However, if myself and many others hadn't gone down this route, none of these announcements would be happening, so I'd probably have seen my portfolio fall even further 🙄.

You don't know that for sure. I'd suggest instant selling everyone would be a lot more impact than just listing and signing out for a month.

Out of interest, and not having a go, but what was your reason for excluding yourself? Was it that you didn't trust yourself to not trade rashly or just didn't know the direction the Index was going?

• It is all a gamble. You gambled that it would keep dropping and pulled out. Some of us gambled it would change and topped up.
    You lost this gamble, it looks like, atm. But there will be MANY MANY more opportunities like this to gamble.
    You are a good trader, I have every belief you will come back, find some dips to invest and be in a strong position to win.

That may not help at the moment, but it will in time.

• @Joev said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

@ScouseSte said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

You don't know that for sure. I'd suggest instant selling everyone would be a lot more impact than just listing and signing out for a month.

Out of interest, and not having a go, but what was your reason for excluding yourself? Was it that you didn't trust yourself to not trade rashly or just didn't know the direction the Index was going?

Mate it was many people like myself who were constantly highlighting on twitter and the forum the negative changes/behaviours on FI recently. This created rational thought and debate and what followed was a LOT of people deciding it was time to cash in and either leave or just sit on a cash balance and wait it out.
    I didn't instant sell but I know a couple who did. entire portfolios slaughtered. This bloodbath absolutely caused the announcement, nobody is in any doubt

• @MrWh1te said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

It is all a gamble. You gambled that it would keep dropping and pulled out. Some of us gambled it would change and topped up.
    You lost this gamble, it looks like, atm. But there will be MANY MANY more opportunities like this to gamble.
    You are a good trader, I have every belief you will come back, find some dips to invest and be in a strong position to win.

That may not help at the moment, but it will in time.

I'm fine really mate, I got good money for my sales so I can't moan. It's just FOMO absolutely kicking in now haha

• @ScouseSte Haha I know that feeling. It was FOMO that kept me in when people were pulling out :p

• Well for purely selfish reasons, that announcement was PERFECT.

The goalposts have stayed in exactly the same position as they were when the decision was made to sell up and start again, adopting a new strategy.

So, despite the prize money being increased dramatically, the odds of winning the lottery are the same.

I'd have been sick if they had increased the places that qualify for PB and MB payouts, although that HAS to adopted in the future (especially with more and more IPOs being added).

*for what it's worth, my Pogba shares sold to market over a week ago at £6.06. I think he's less than that now!! This whole timeout decision has been very fortunate, whilst frustrating 😆

• @ScouseSte

You seem to be trying very hard over the past week or so to justify your decision to self timeout and panic sell your portfolio ...

To be fair, we don't judge you, whatever your choices were.

Please don't feel like you have to save face and constantly explain your actions to the forum.

Just accept that you made a mistake, and jumped too early. No shame in that mate. 👍

• @johnboywalker said in Spare a thought for the fallen:

@ScouseSte

You seem to be trying very hard over the past week or so to justify your decision to self timeout and panic sell your portfolio ...

Please don't feel like you have to save face and constantly explain your actions to the forum.

Just accept that you made a mistake, and jumped too early. No shame in that mate. 👍

I did the same but didnt time out. Still clawing back all that spread money I paid but doing ok. Just one of them things, people will have lost more on dybala. I think the announcement has put dividends right back at the forefront of ppls minds which is what we both wanted @ScouseSte 👍

@ScouseSte

More than happy to admit when I'm wrong mate. In hindsight I'd have been much better off just leaving my portfolio but i am just relieved more than anything that it wasn't a worse outcome.

Of course, there is still another 15 days till I get access to my portfolio so it could still turn out disastrous! But as things stand, I got away with one here!

• @ScouseSte

Is it still 15 days to go? Jeees, haha that's a long time. Let's not do that again ... 😉👍

@ScouseSte

Is it still 15 days to go? Jeees, haha that's a long time. Let's not do that again ... 😉👍

Yes. Some very important lessons have been learned in this "exercise" 😂😂