What will happen with Pogba now?

• @Sam-L

I am indeed.

He's already getting disgruntled. Won't be long before the media fits start.

• @Sav2000 Just people giving their opinions mate. I get if people hold they don't want to contemplate the reality that the train may grind to a halt. Whether we hold or not i doubt anyone wants to see others lose money or spread panic. But when there are several threads a week on Pogba and people are still not seeing his steady decline then you end up saying something as you want people to at least think about whether he is still a good hold or not.

• Pogba's rose to the dizzy heights he did on the back of being managed by arguably the most controversial & outspoken manager the premier league has ever seen. Add to that they didn't particularly like one another & made that very obvious, then of course at that time he was media gold & was actually undervalued at his peak. With the dividend yield he produced at that time he should have been £3 or so more expensive than his nearest rival.

But as a few have already pointed out, media kings don't last forever. Unless of course they're being written about due to their outstanding performances on the pitch week in week out. I can only think of Messi & Ronaldo who tick this box.

Salah was media gold in his first season at Liverpool. Have his performances dropped since? Maybe a little but he's still performing very well, but that's now expected & its not BIG news anymore, like it was when he shocked the footballing world in his debut season.

I'd argue that Pogba underperforming for Utd is now almost expected & NO longer BIG news. Add to that, that Ole isn't outspoken or controversial. Then where do Pogba's future MB wins come from?

Injuries
    Returning from injury
    Good performances
    Transfer spec

With the exception of transfer spec I don't see how he will regularly win MB from the other 3 categories listed above. The problem there is that when the the transfer spec MB divs come rolling in, other traders will be selling for fear of the move actually materialising. So what you win in divs you lose in capital appreciation.

Now this is the perspective of someone who has never owned Pogba. It's a completely impartial view from a trader that probably over thinks every trade 🤣

• @Sam-L said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

@Dan-The-Man are we saying pulisic is the way forward?

Don’t forget the time he recommended that we all invest in Jordan Henderson instead of Neymar, because of the superior dividend potential. What wonderful advice that was!

Now Rooney is a better dividend prospect that Pogba!

ah ha ha ha ha

• @ocs123

And if after the World Cup, that post was wrong, I'll be the first to hold my hands up.

My record on Pogba has been pretty spot on so far.

• Sold him the day of his peak,
    • Predicted the massive drop he's had and is still having.
    • Recommended to buy him back short term on 2 occasions, which were both followed by spikes during the periods I said

As for Rooney, I'm already 25% up on him, so clearly I'm not the only one who thinks he'll win MB, during his high profile transfer back to England and his weekly press conference.

• Paul Pogba is a media darling and is desperate for a move away from United plus he’s currently injured, can anyone not see him moving back to 7 quid before Xmas and the transfer window?
    Pb unlikely
    Media 💰💰💰

• @Bezz82 a drift into mediocrity, quality player who doesnt have the determination we thought. It was ust the juve team carried him defensively

• I don't hold as he's way too expensive for me but wait till he starts winning media day in,day out. Media has benefited the most imo.

• This post is deleted!

• @Dan-The-Man said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

@ocs123

And if after the World Cup, that post was wrong, I'll be the first to hold my hands up.

My record on Pogba has been pretty spot on so far.

• Sold him the day of his peak,
    • Predicted the massive drop he's had and is still having.
    • Recommended to buy him back short term on 2 occasions, which were both followed by spikes during the periods I said

As for Rooney, I'm already 25% up on him, so clearly I'm not the only one who thinks he'll win MB, during his high profile transfer back to England and his weekly press conference.

Do you have a spare bedroom for your EGO at your house??

• @Nikitz71

Not yet but the amount of times I'm right on here it won't be too long before I can afford to build one big enough.

@Sam-L

I am indeed.

The only reason he is anywhere near £2 is because he is playing(or keeping the bench warm) for one of the big clubs in England, if as you say he does start generating news items about him moving on, it probably because he will be heading abroad again or to a non descript club in the mid to lower end of the Prem, so on the off chance that he might win 1 or 2 media days from this i suspect that will be more outweighed by the losses he makes in capital depreciation.

I predict he will be below £1:70 by xmas

Best Regards

The Ferret

• @Advinculas-Index said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

if as you say he does start generating news items about him moving on, it probably because he will be heading abroad again or to a non descript club in the mid to lower end of the Prem,

Interesting thoughts there.

I'd say that a transfer is highly unlikely.

He's a few months in to a contract that runs until June 2024 and he's been nothing but impressive so far. 4 assists in 8 games with limited minutes. The Chelsea fans are begging to get the lad more game time.

• @Advinculas-Index said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

@Dan-The-Man said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

@Sam-L

I am indeed.

The only reason he is anywhere near £2 is because he is playing(or keeping the bench warm) for one of the big clubs in England, if as you say he does start generating news items about him moving on, it probably because he will be heading abroad again or to a non descript club in the mid to lower end of the Prem, so on the off chance that he might win 1 or 2 media days from this i suspect that will be more outweighed by the losses he makes in capital depreciation.

I predict he will be below £1:70 by xmas

Best Regards

The Ferret

I bought that swine at his absolute peak of £2.92 - my worst purchase on FI so far!

Whilst the rest of my 17-strong portfolio has sold to market since 2nd October, this bloody clown is STILL unsold 3 weeks later!
    Talk about being unloved on the index! The queue must have been massive before I joined it!

*this is where order books will be beneficial - I'll be able to take an offer price which is lower than market price yet higher than IS price.

BRING ON THE ORDER BOOKS!

• Chelsea fans are loving him.

0_1571668255061_Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 15.29.01.png

0_1571668371474_Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 15.32.01.png

• @Advinculas-Index

0_1571668589288_Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 15.36.07.png

Just looking through twitter... I missed this post. Perhap puts to bed your thoughts of him moving away.

@Advinculas-Index said in What will happen with Pogba now?:

if as you say he does start generating news items about him moving on, it probably because he will be heading abroad again or to a non descript club in the mid to lower end of the Prem,

Interesting thoughts there.

I'd say that a transfer is highly unlikely.

He's a few months in to a contract that runs until June 2024 and he's been nothing but impressive so far. 4 assists in 8 games with limited minutes. The Chelsea fans are begging to get the lad more game time.

I agree that he is unlikely to move away - however that wont stop the speculation - i would say a loan move is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

If he has been so impressive then why has he only featured in 313 mins of 9 league matches to date?
    where do you see his game time opportunities improving when he has Kovacic / Mason Mount / Jorginho / Ross Barkley / and RLC already on his way back. ?

added to the above, you then have the prospect of Chelsea then being able to start spending again whenever the transfer embargo finishes next summer.

Id put your comments about him being the way forward in the same category as your ones about Henderson tbh

• @Advinculas-Index said in [What will happen with Pogba now?]

I have 1800 futures between those two players and I'm going to be adding more.

Never let it be said I don't put my money where my mouth is.

• @Dan-The-Man

In that case, i have nothing else to say on the matter and will leave you with this stark warning as to what happened to Troy Parrot holders after they had been hoodwinked into buying loads of his shares.

0_1571672568974_upload-d0e4cf97-263f-4191-8288-b2bd12e0f189

• @Advinculas-Index I didn't agree with @Dan-The-Man and Henderson (not sure anyone did 🙈😉) but tbh Pulsic will defo come good personally and you can tell Lampard likes him just from his comments. He just needs time and we shouldn't judge to much from bit part games. He has bags of potential and I expect him to come good. Obviously all this is irrelevant if he posts poor PB scores but I'm willing to be patient and so should others. You never know what's round the corner and at £2.06 hes not the worse risk considering hes defo getting media attention.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.