Increases

• F.I have give what they can afford rather than what they COULD be, - with a push to attract new whales from the stockmarket etc.

Is this enough? 🤔

I'm all for playing it safe, & personally I wouldn't have caved to consumer demand to increase dividends in the first place - but as seen as they did, would you not prefer that they aimed for Jupiter & landed on Mars rather than taking the easy route & aiming at the Moon? 🌒

I'll give the market 6 months tops before we are essentially in the same boat. ⛵

• I'm all for playing it safe, & personally I wouldn't have caved to consumer demand to increase dividends in the first place - but as seen as they did, would you not prefer that they aimed for Jupiter & landed on Mars rather than taking the easy route & aiming at the Moon? 🌒

@Ericali I'd prefer to look at it this way, rather than aim for Jupiter now and fail to reach the atmosphere now, they've gone to the moon now to provide a base station to propel out of the milky way over the next few years

Let's be positive for what they've announced and not start with negativity when I'm pretty sure that most people have seen decent increases in the last week building up to and since the announcement :)

• @Ericali I'm in absolute agreement. I think FI is still largely playing catch up with the market rather than setting the agenda for the next 12 months. We hit saturation point a few months ago in the last dividend structure despite some people being adament that it was a natural low. It wasn't, we had sarurated and deposit bonuses weren't enough to paper over it. This has helped balanced that out and it's probably enough to keep things ticking along for a few months more. But then what? Clearly they are reluctant to give dividend increases so things could go dark in December, especially as it will be a couple of months where people have less cash lying around. I would loved to have seen something big and bold that meant the market had a long way to catch up with FI, rather then the other way round. Of course I can see why they wouldn't but it's hard to grasp how much they could have pushed it without knowing the finances.

I should point out in the interest of balance that I am reasonably happy and recognise that the last few days have been good. And certainly don't think I'm owed money. But the market obviously didn't feel the dividend increase was spectacular either. It wasn't like the flashing lights occured for very long today and to be honest events like the media summer seemed to cause more of a stir. It's one of those where I would love to be wrong, but fear an opportunity has been slightly missed to really drive the agenda, but hopefully they have some tricks up their sleeves if it saturates quickly again in this structure

• @Ddr oh, I'm not for negative. If you look at my posts I've been calling out the negativity & asking they leave if they don't like how the platform is evolving.

Bit pissed off tonight, some people being able to trade while others weren't.

All I ask is a level playing field & those with the Beta site had an advantage (no blame on them - you don't look a gift-horse in the mouth) but it was poor from an football index consumer perspective.

Although I'll suck it up - no point in throwing the dummy out the pram. 👍

But the increase isn't enough to make me contemplate a new strategy, which I was willing to do by selling a third of my portfolio.

It's a case of buy low now, because in 6 months when the market has stagnated - that's where the value is heading.

• @Ericali there's always value somewhere :)

• can i ask what people were thinking would have been an amazing announcement, were we hoping for dividend increases of hundreds of percent meaning share prices jump 50% instantly

none of us know the profitability of the FI business, for all we know the dividend increases are them reinvesting profits in order to further build the business and take it to the next level

from a business perspective, they are not going to implement anything that pushes the risk boundaries which could put everything in jeopardy, they have a responsibility to many types of stakeholders, such as employees

end of the day this is a stock market, there has to be more losers than winners for FI to make a profit, else one day the market will hit a bubble and burst with catastrophic consequences for all

FI could well still be in its infancy, compared to a number of years down the line where it could end up, but it is not a never ending money tree

• I think it's very easy to buy proven and expected dividend winners. And people like making money easily.

There comes a time when the top guns are too expensive. This happened. The trick is then to look for value for money, not simply moan that the guys that earn you money are expensive.

Won't and can't complain about the dividend increase. Sick of hearing people moan that it's not value for money, that they're gonna leave. All that is going to happen is the top end of the market will once again hit a ceiling and the same traders wont understand why everything seems so expensive .

• @Ericali

It's a nice increase... they'll do 'try January' in a couple of months for the next big boost. then we're at the business end of the season.

• I think the increase is probably enough to carry us through this season and will, for now, put the focus back on what really defines a player's value
    The top end has room to grow now, particularly some of the dominant PB players - KDB would have won 40p already this season on the new structure as an example. But, for me, the value is probably further down the market and seeking out the PB players that aren't so well know. An 80p player winning a gold day star man now gets a 20% dividend yield straight away and you would imagine significant cap app along with that. Cheap players posting big scores, especially those before the new dividend deadline, are going to rocket more than ever.
    We also now have the very clear understanding that dividends will be reviewed before the start of each season which was definitely something that was needed. Traders now know these reviews will take place regularly - although my fear is the market will come to expect an increase every time there's a review.

@Lukeroro I completely agree that the top will become expensive again - and there will come a time when dividends wont increase anymore and people have to trade but we are not at that point yet. To have not increased divs now and basically said the cap on a player's price is around £7 and the cap on the FOOTIE is around 125,000 would have been to sell the product short. Whilst there is still so much potential for growth then increases are right to allow the market to achieve it's true potential.

There is no reason now that we shouldn't be seeing the FOOTIE grow towards 200,000 by the time the Euros come around.

• I’m happy with it.

It definitely makes me and other traders more confident in holding players longer term.

The negativity about ipd’s and short term flipping has been doing my head in to be honest so I’m glad there has been a good div increase.

I have a mixture of everything, ipd’s,pb,mb, transfers.

I just hope everyone can just get on with trading and talking about football players instead the constant whining about the platform.

👍🚀

• @Dan-The-Man said in Increases:

@Ericali

It's a nice increase... they'll do 'try January' in a couple of months for the next big boost. then we're at the business end of the season.

Surely try Jan won't do much? They do £500/1000 week trials all year round.

• @Ericali said in Increases:

I'll give the market 6 months tops before we are essentially in the same boat. ⛵

Agree.. But they've said there will be a review at start of every season.. So next one in 8 months.

Between now and then they've eluded to a couple more things happening. This loyalty scheme thing is intriguing - Adam coles comments look like a player or the month style reward (which could use pb metric and be an extended star man... Or maybe it will be g&a based).... But Mike's twitter comments made it sound like a customer cash back reward... So maybe something to attract regular deposits or keeping money in port?

My initial reaction wasn't so much the amount of the increase... I think its generous, it was more the severe weighting to star man and gold day. But I've thought about it.... And I really like it. Its exactly what I wanted - a reward that makes the elite players more valuable again. This will set a new ceiling... And with guys like neymar, messi, kane, kimmich etc top by a long way again, itl add credibility to the product and encourage new users. It also drags the rest of the market upwards.

• @Lukeroro

Maybe another share split in near future..

• @Zola25 Personally think top prices need to get to £13-£14 for another share split to even be considered - I don't see that happening anytime soon. I think the market will stretch now and we could see prices of £10 or a little higher under the new div structure but that wont be high enough for a share split in my opinion.

• The 3pm cut off is a stroke of genius too. Didn't increase flippers ipd divs... But made it so much more volatile on the day by a) allowing flippers to see much more teamsheet on matchday... So massive opportunity when a young player gets a start you weren't expecting etc. B) It also allows a sneak peak into the first half an hour of bundesliga games so will encourage a lot of movement on early scorers there. But because its not stupidly late like 8pm...it shouldn't cause massive sell offs every saturday/Sunday that affect longer term traders.

It will be explosive when someone posts a 300+ on a Saturday 12.30 kick off tho!

• @janner73 agree... The div review will occur before a share split, because its not that far away... So if we are around £11 a slight increase to push to £15 the following season. Then either a share split or change of model.

I don't think there wil be another split. Theyl go to allowing to buy in monetary terms rather than whole shares. I. E. If Pogba is £15 you could buy £10.50 of pogba and own a fraction of him.

• @Vespasian32 Completely agree. There's plenty in there for flippers without having increased IPDs. Overall a really positive announcement and the next 8-9 months should be a lot of fun now.

• @janner73 said in Increases:

@Vespasian32 Completely agree. There's plenty in there for flippers without having increased IPDs. Overall a really positive announcement and the next 8-9 months should be a lot of fun now.

Im on the same page with this too. I think order books will remove any need for another split along with monetary amounts rather than whole futures. Continually doing share splits would be illogical really and if dividends are increasing as the market increases with a yearly review then owning partial shares will still give decent returns.

• Many were hoping they'd string out the div rises by announcements through the year, they have in a way with the message of a review before each season. Many wanted just this, but bonus is they've acted for now too.

So not just buying or holding for this boost of divs, but for the review in August. Should be a good trickle of growth all the way now.

• @Westy I think this was the right way too. If the increase was strung out we would have ended up with prices being at the new div level by the time they came in, which would have then led to people saying we need another div increase.
    We now know we have that yearly review, and we know that if the market continues to grow FI are prepared to be generous with div increases. Hopefully the potential for an increase before next season will stop or slow down any post Euro 2020 sell offs.