Are mid priced pb players still good value?

• I'm thinking the likes of Kroos, pjanic, parejo, alcantara etc i.e. players around £2-3 price bracket that have flown up over last few days and weeks.

Gold match day star man = 16p so one win a season is an instant 5%+ return.

• I sold Parejo today at £2.75 after buying in at £1.30 in July. I felt at this point I'd made a very tidy sum and in the back of my mind is the feeling that he's over 30 and probably not a first choice starter in the Euros. He's a great player but I feel a lot of the value has gone purely because of how high he has rocketed.

I spent the money I made on Brandt and some more Thorgan Hazard ( good rise just after I did) because they are great prospects and haven't risen so sharply.

In short, I think there are still some great value mid priced players out there. Just beware players that have already balooned in price in the last few weeks.

• @Alpilgrim said in Are mid priced on players still good value?:

I sold Parejo today at £2.75 after buying in at £1.30 in July. I felt at this point I'd made a very tidy sum and in the back of my mind is the feeling that he's over 30 and probably not a first choice starter in the Euros. He's a great player but I feel a lot of the value has gone purely because of how high he has rocketed.

I spent the money I made on Brandt and some more Thorgan Hazard ( good rise just after I did) because they are great prospects and haven't risen so sharply.

In short, I think there are still some great value mid priced players out there. Just beware players that have already balooned in price in the last few weeks.

Good call Brandt almost played alongside Reus yesterday he was so far forward.

• Im chasing those divs again. I feel now we are back at a place of potential growth akin to a year ago... Where players look expensive compare to what they have been... But a year from now all those players winning pb could be £5+ as Neymar will stretch the top beyond £10

Ive stripped out a lot of my good young players last night and gone for solid pb... Tho geared towards the holy trinity of top pb team, likely to qualify from group stage of club Europe, likely to qualify from group stage of international Europe.

Lewandowski
    Gnabry
    Kimmich
    Sensi
    Ruiz
    Barella
    Alba
    Halstenberg
    Werner
    Sabitzer
    Forseberg
    Ceballos
    Jorginho
    Ronaldo
    Verratti
    Castagne
    Mancini
    Alberto

I've still got some that don't fit the bill but very much starting to gear towards the later part of the season and those big div rewards.

• @Vespasian32

Sold up your almeda's?

• @Chap never had him. Ipod when I wasnt around. Sold my Rashicas that gave me just over £4k...sold Brekalo and Dilrosun.

I've still got some cheap youngsters that I'll keep long term... Otto, kownacki, Richter... Got some young pb players.. Adli, Harit, hakimi, orsolini... Etc

Still some Thursday night and future transfer spec lads... Minamino, stengs, boadu, martinelli...

To think a month ago I had £50k across 11 players... Now I've withdrawn £15k but got 43 players. Shows what a div increase and mb change can do to a strategy

• @Vespasian32 for those of us not here a year ago like myself what realistically can we expect to see?

For example I bought Teji Savanier at 1.64 and I’m up 94p; was tempted to sell but I hear everyone saying he’s a PB beast. I’m torn on selling, is he someone that could break £3?

• @Sav2000 anyone winning a pb star day who also has pb pedigree, so likelihood of doing it again, can break £3 now. Teji is one of those. He doesn't play midweek or internationals tho... So you are getting less shots at the win.. And less spikes to sell on etc. I have berardi in similar vein... At 1-1 his pb score was double lautaro Marinez and they'd both scored... So shows he is a pb player... But he doesn't play midweek and at at the moment not in national team. So he's one I may look to sell (upcoming single game nights)

• @Sav2000 said in Are mid priced on players still good value?:

@Vespasian32 for those of us not here a year ago like myself what realistically can we expect to see?

For example I bought Teji Savanier at 1.64 and I’m up 94p; was tempted to sell but I hear everyone saying he’s a PB beast. I’m torn on selling, is he someone that could break £3?

Yes, he could...but his cap app will grow with the top end ceiling moving up but equally amortise due to age...you end up with a slower growth. He'll need to be regularly winning PB. Plus he's a gypsy, FACT!

Savanier pimps his ride after a new contract.

0_1571571414100_upload-cb21eaad-17ea-4e8b-a4c5-4ded1b7c0709

• @Vespasian32 @Ellisandro thanks for the advice; looks like I’ll need to reassess my port over the coming weeks as I was mainly set up for CA on younger players but the growth isn’t great and it’s tying up a lot of my capital.

• Brekalo has later rounds of europa, euro2020 coming up with Croatia, anyone would be mad to sell him imo.

• @Vespasian32
    That's a good looking list sweet as!👌

• @Vespasian32 ahhh so you're the fecker that started the dilrosun tumble yesterday!!! Cant really blame you for brekalo as he's been on the decline last couple of weeks lol

• @Vespasian32 said in Are mid priced pb players still good value?:

Sold my Rashicas

@Vespasian32 are u the reason hes gone thru the floor?! How many did u hold.

I'm kidding, I dont imagine u held enough to make him drop 10p which means plenty of others have dumped him as well.

Is there something I dont know? Has he been injured? I wouldnt have thought he was part of the youth bubble recession, hes too established and too cheap and recently back from injury.

Unless theres something I dont know about hes a bit of a head scratcher at present. I could have put it down to englands shock defeat to the czechs doing Kosovo's euro qualification no favours but the 2 didnt really coincide

• @MickTurbo I dropped him a fair bit... 5p. Really frustrating, I'd made good money but he was one I really thought was a keeper. But whether it was the 10% imperial stout doing the thinking or not... I just looked at his shitty pb score and quite low spread and decided he was gone.

• @Vespasian32 yeh hes one I'd like to see re-classified to be honest. Hes always part of a front 2 or 3 so I think that should happen sooner rather than later, giving him a much greater chance of competing for pb

• @MickTurbo gota think about current sentiment too... Adli was lower by 10p earlier in the week... Bordeaux lost 1-0 at home but adli posted 124...hes now up 20p and Rashica is down 10p

This is a trend i see continuing... Hence moving my youth money still in youth... But one's that post pb rather than just goals.

Harit later is one to watch for schalke.

• @MickTurbo @Vespasian32 Also would be interested to know why you let Rashica go? I would have thought his dropped meant top up time. What is your thinking on him, has he reached peak for you?

• @BarbayanBrawler got to listen to the market sometimes. He came back from injury... Scored away goals in consecutive games vs two of the best teams in Germany but hes been flat. Then when market booming he actually went down, albeit just a penny or two.

If I had 500 or so... I'd probably be topping up, but I had 3000 in very good profit... Something like £4600...

I've recently been diversifying so moving out of my 1000+ holds into 300/500... So having a player at 3000 in decline with 10 300 holds on the up... Was just offsetting my profits and skewing my port too much.

Was right time for me to get off... Some people have lesser margins where it makes sense to buy the dip and keep waiting for a position change or a hatrick or a transfer.

It wasn't easy, he was one of my first and favourite purchases and I really like him as a player.

• @Vespasian32 Fair play mate, yep with that amount of shares and that value profit. Easy to see when it was time to cash in, reduce risk and move on. Fair play, well done!! As a recent buyer during his injury dip, I guess I still see value in him and hope he can hit the £2 mark during the season. Appreciate your explanation.