Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?

• Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?

Brewster, Greenwood, Felix, Rodrygo, di Light, and to some extent; Rashford are all at their lowest since the summer.

I've jumped back in on Rashford. Any of the others worth considering now they are lower?

• πŸ¦œπŸ¦œπŸ˜‹πŸ‘

• I think they range between overpriced and very overpriced(De Ligt). The market however will be very kind to anyone that steps up to be a proven PB performer.

There is youth out there with a decent rise in it but I don't think we'll see the same blind optimism again for a while. Brewster for example did very well price wise as he played in preseason and people hoped this would translate to the main season. His price still seems high in my opinion for an unproven player.

• The biggest overpriced player is Felix... Had his transfer & signed a 7 year contract! 😨

No MB speculation - doesn't play in the PL.

Doesn't suit the PB system so what does he represent? What does he do? What is your money in there for? πŸ€”

The only thing I can think of is in 2 years time Barcelona or Madrid make a play for him - but not exactly set the league alight so far has he?

• All over priced!

• Massively over-priced. Given the significant increase in dividends, why would anyone tie up money in these youngsters that aren't playing when for the same or less you can get guaranteed dividend returns along with the cap app that will come now the market is rightly focused on what really matters.

• Que sell queue for me:
    Greenwood
    Gomes
    Parrott

Already sold recently Brewster with very good profit.

Times are changing.

• When pb and mb premium players, with the new value added to them by the div increases, get too expensive for the masses again, then we will see the yth bubble happen again. With the argument being they are the future div earners.
    Fa cups, lg cups, end of group euro games are still spotlights for these kids to show the market what they will bring.
    Some of the best Pb players are 30^ we've seen the potential pb stars in their 20s rise. As time goes on itl be the the u21s again.

• I agree they all seem overpriced, even after recent falls. The only youngster I have, and have retained, is Curtis Jones - his price is not hyper-inflated to start with and he does have PB potential, unlike many

• PB is still a lottery and soon some will tire of chasing divs. The Sunday/Monday sell offs will be bigger than ever.

The cycle will turn back to youth again eventually. It always does. Unpopular opinion: could be a good time to buy youth while their stock is low.

• The only players that took a relative hit from Friday's announcement were IPD players.

If you believe that youth player prices are driven by future potential to earn dividends then, if anything, Friday's announcement will drive them up further. Big dividend increase, promise of yearly reviews (increases), the platform going global.

The dividends that the likes of Greenwood, Parrott, Ihattaran, Fati, Fabio Silva, etc. will be earning in years to come - if the platform goes where it could do - are mind-blowing.

Of course, as ever, there will be plenty of Cherno Sambas amongst them. That is the gamble.

• @CBN said in Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?:

The only players that took a relative hit from Friday's announcement were IPD players.

If you believe that youth player prices are driven by future potential to earn dividends then, if anything, Friday's announcement will drive them up further. Big dividend increase, promise of yearly reviews (increases), the platform going global.

The dividends that the likes of Greenwood, Parrott, Ihattaran, Fati, Fabio Silva, etc. will be earning in years to come - if the platform goes where it could do - are mind-blowing.

Of course, as ever, there will be plenty of Cherno Sambas amongst them. That is the gamble.

Indeed there will always be more Cherno Sambas or players who don't make it at a level likely to support the price they hold even now.

It is a risky long term strategy to be overly reliant on youth but there is possible short term money to be made. I personally hold none in the bracket of unproven youth and tend to steer more for that portion of my port towards younger players who are playing regularly and showing genuine signs of fitting in with the PB matrix.

• I've got a couple of good young's from PB leagues other than the EPL who I think are fairly solid long term holds, but these english kids are just too dear.

The div changes have made every other category more appealing but the kids less so. PB rewards are looking pretty juicy especially on treble days, and Brewster who just isnt gonna get close to them, is dearer than some really good PB performers. Greenwood just may be a good PB player to be fair so he makes a bit more sense but still a gamble at this point.

All that said, they will no doubt have their day again, but that could be 8-9 months away IMO

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?:

Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?

Brewster, Greenwood, Felix, Rodrygo, di Light, and to some extent; Rashford are all at their lowest since the summer.

I've jumped back in on Rashford. Any of the others worth considering now they are lower?

I only hold Rashford and Brewster from that list. Rashford is a regular first team player and Brewster on the brink of a breakthrough.

I'm anticipating FI making the FA cup and League Cup PB eligible at some point which will add value back to youth/ squad players. No idea when that will be though.

• League cup games in just over a week should see a spike just on some of these youngsters getting games. Brewster got a 30p rise just for playing MK dons. If they don’t get that similar spike then you may have your answer on the current attitude towards unproven kids.

• @Ericali said in Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?:

The biggest overpriced player is Felix... Had his transfer & signed a 7 year contract! 😨

Doesn't suit the PB system so what does he represent? What does he do? What is your money in there for? πŸ€”

The only thing I can think of is in 2 years time Barcelona or Madrid make a play for him - but not exactly set the league alight so far has he?

To be fair and I don't hold him, felix does at least look a good player so there is some sort of sense in his price given his age. Same with De Ligt.

Greenwood and Brewster are the anomalies really as at this point we have no idea if they will make it as top flight players let alone be pb or mb relevant. Brewster in particular is looking a longish shot.

• @mike778 I'm not saying he isn't a good player - he looks fairly decent.

But its not transferring over to the index as being a decent player in real life doesn't necessarily make you a good hold on this platform.

You win cash by PB - his game seems to lack this as he scores fairly low.

You win cash by MB - he's just had a move, signed a loooong term contract with a ridiculous buy out clause + he doesn't play in the PL.

You win cash by IPDs - he's too expensive to fall into this category at Β£3.86.

People like Haaland are overpriced at Β£3.20 - but at least I can see the angle why people are buying in.

He's not staying in the Austrian league so has a move factored into his price - that move COULD be to a PL club. If it's Manchester United or Liverpool the media attention if he's a success could be huge.

He's dear - but people are speculating on what could be - Felix has already done this, got his move & didn't come to the promised land of the PL to build a media profile. So has to rely on PB or another move - both of which look unlikely.

Hence why he's terrible value.

• @mike778 said in Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?:

@Ericali said in Are the out of favour youngsters starting to look better priced now?:

The biggest overpriced player is Felix... Had his transfer & signed a 7 year contract! 😨

To be fair and I don't hold him, felix does at least look a good player so there is some sort of sense in his price given his age. Same with De Ligt.

Greenwood and Brewster are the anomalies really as at this point we have no idea if they will make it as top flight players let alone be pb or mb relevant. Brewster in particular is looking a longish shot.

I'm not sure I do see the sense in De Ligt's price. His MB wins were largely linked to a completed transfer and his current side is filled with more media friendly players e.g. Dybala, Ronaldo.

He offers pretty much no PB threat so I don't think just being young cuts it . He also plays in defense which limits his price as indicated by the prices of nearly all defenders on the index. He is a very good player but not in FI at the moment.

• Why anyone at this moment would spend over Β£4 a share on Greenwood/CHO or Felix is beyond me. There’s money to be made elsewhere for the time being. The likes of Pjanic and Kronos are looking far better in terms of bang for buck atm. If you want to invest in youth, then why not go for PB players for now, earn divs, and then towards the end of the season sell and put the money in youth players then

• Think youngster with transfer potential are still value. The Dutch boys are always going to be a transfer target. Stengs is one that I think has massive potential and a summer transfer, his EL PB scores have been very decent aswell. I still see value in youth but need to have reasons to hold rather than aimlessly buying any youth prospect.