Value in rooney

• Do people believe that Rooney could earn more than his vaule back in mb. Don't think he will win today as liverpool vs utd will have a mb winner ud think.
    but u think he will win a few as he move comes closer and then a few days after the move also think he could win every time he play well/crap, scores or gets a red card
    My big hope now is in the summer he joins itv/bbc as a pundit for euro and he could win it in the summer to

• @R2d2 said in Value in rooney:

Do people believe that Rooney could earn more than his vaule back in mb. Don't think he will win today as liverpool vs utd will have a mb winner ud think.
    but u think he will win a few as he move comes closer and then a few days after the move also think he could win every time he play well/crap, scores or gets a red card
    My big hope now is in the summer he joins itv/bbc as a pundit for euro and he could win it in the summer to

Maybe...the media will write about any old shite. Punditry though? He's terrible. He can barely string a coherent...um...thingy together.

• I’m sure he’ll win some MB over the next year or two.

But:

• how many non-football related stories will be removed by FI?
    • how long until he retires as a footballer?
    • and will FI delete him when he’s just a coach / manager (surely FI won’t allow him to win MB as solely a manager)?

He’s a risky hold medium to long term, but could be profitable in the short term.

• Not sure his fame as a granny fan will get him on air

• Im sure there is worse pundits out there coughRobbie savage gets on air.
    I think he will win a decent amount of mb plus im going to hold gambling more than expecting he get pundit job

• This is a gambling site after all, good luck if you invest :)

• It is also worth remembering that the number of treble media days has declined, further reducing his chances.

• He's a gamble, but personally not one I'm willing to take. 77p already.

Already got his deal to Derby set up (no speculation) won't play in any PB matches while next season at the earliest.

When you compare that to Thiago Silva (38p) & David Silva (72p) who have a season of PB matches to take part in under the increased dividend structure & both "gold" matches against a small pool of players on the horizon in European knock-out competitions, Rooney's price starts to look relatively unattractive by comparison.

• @Ericali said in Value in rooney:

He's a gamble, but personally not one I'm willing to take. 77p already.

Already got his deal to Derby set up (no speculation) won't play in any PB matches while next season at the earliest.

When you compare that to Thiago Silva (38p) & David Silva (72p) who have a season of PB matches to take part in under the increased dividend structure & both "gold" matches against a small pool of players on the horizon in European knock-out competitions, Rooney's price starts to look relatively unattractive by comparison.

You and I don't disagree too often but I topped Rooney up this morning.

He's not just a player... he's a coach, bought with the help of Red 32 and given the 32 shirt... I reckon he's been brought in for the media just as much as his football and I'm betting on him being a big part of the weekly press conferences going forward. Lampard was never out of the papers for Derby last season. His appointment was part of a clear strategy for Derby that they are following up with by signing the Roon.

Fingers crossed.

Thiago looks like a good price too.

• Obviously happy to be corrected if he is in the media, people can't have bought for anything else (no PB eligible games, no move, no IPDs) but I don't think he will win any media unless he comes 3rd on a triple media day & scrapes a few pence.

Can't see him earning more than 5p before the end of the season.

• Day he joins, first goal and slow news days im sure theres more than 5p in him this season

• @Dan-The-Man

I think you could be right
    Player / coach
    More games midweek and league games than premier.
    Any cup news
    Scores a goal or superb free kick
    Or does nothing and is rubbish I can only imagine
    Press will be all over him.

• Topped up on him as well. If he does good or bad media will be all over him. And if derby go up that can only be good

• I really don't see how people see any value in Rooney.

Let's say he returns absolutely amazing returns and hits what, 25p?

At 79p - 25p that is still -54p when he is worth nothing.

And that is if he returns amazing divs.

• @MrWh1te .. Its Wayne Rooney! England legend, to an everyday fan/New user this is exactly the sort of player to be bought, find me a household that doesn't know his name.. he is constantly in the news and hes not even back in England yet, dividends are just the cherry on the top here, I genuinely believe he will rise further heading into the new year..

• Massive risk for me he could retire. IS goes to 0p pretty fast!

• @Tom77 that right there is the problem for me. He could at any time just announce his retirement and basically become worthless on here.
    That is a big enough risk for me not to take, especially with minimal returns in my opinion

• @Tom77

He's said he wants to play a few more years and just signed a new contract to play. Seems unlikely he'd go back on that given that Derby are offering him a way in to management.

• @Dan-The-Man I'm sure Rebekah Vardy will keep us updated

• @Dan-The-Man said in Value in rooney:

@Tom77

He's said he wants to play a few more years and just signed a new contract to play. Seems unlikely he'd go back on that given that Derby are offering him a way in to management.

Age mate and he might realise he is shit and slow in the championship and just pack it in. Its just risky.
    The time to profit was probably the last 5 months when media was announced to the squad, I missed out buT would no way buy now even if he was 30p.