Thank You FI Forums

• When I first joined FI back in January I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I bumbled around for a month or two making mistake after mistake and buying some truly awful holds (Steven Davis anyone?). Eventually, I felt like I knew enough to put in a decent amount of money and set myself a target to achieve within in one year. At that point I also set another aspirational 'target' that I thought would be completely out of the realms of possibility and my own ability i.e. to be able to get a port value of double my total investment(£2000) within a year and to pay for a modest holiday with the profit.

This weekend, I reached that aspirational target with 3 months to spare! I still expect ups and downs and will only exit trades when they've met my targets as opposed to a fire-sale though. I will then continue with my original amount all over again.The FI forums have been one of my main sources of information and over the months just through reading them I have: found out news as it breaks, avoided some major pitfalls, swerved some dodgy pumps, been reassured that other people are following similar strategies and taken part in some excellent discussions. I have always avoided FI related twitter and kept mainly to these forums and FI related blogs. I would like to thank everyone that has posted in the forums for their input and help and I would really encourage new users to make the most of this excellent resource. There are a great range of users on here and most manage to look after their own interests while helping others with great aplomb.

Thank you all again and thank you FI for inventing this wonderful product.

Edited to add - I am also aware that this post is somewhat of a brag as well as a thank you but it also serves to show new users that a great deal of success is possible on here and that If i can manage it, they have a chance too.

• Great post and well done! Love seeing positivity on the forum.

• Three cheers for a positive post!

• @Alpilgrim Amen! Good lad/lass 😁

• Well done lad and keep up the good work!! 👍🏽

• @Stevo said in Thank You FI Forums:

@Alpilgrim Amen! Good lad/lass 😁

dont forget "gender neutral" we wouldnt want to run the risk of the thread being deleted in these enlightened times.

• So you managed to double your money?
    I joined at the same time and an doing well , but nowhere near 100% ROI (albeit with a larger / dripfed port)
    Would be interested to hear your strategy and let players who got you there.

But congrats that is impressive stuff!

• @Abaalan said in Thank You FI Forums:

So you managed to double your money?
    I joined at the same time and an doing well , but nowhere near 100% ROI (albeit with a larger / dripfed port)
    Would be interested to hear your strategy and let players who got you there.

But congrats that is impressive stuff!

I have indeed doubled it. Although, as I'm always seeing other people mention; not until it's actually withdrawn. I built up my deposits until the end of May and haven't added any more since then.

My profit has come mostly from capital appreciation along with £157 in dividends and £77 in bonus payments.

My strategy has generally been to buy PB talent and to hold between 15 - 25 players, except for April/May where I focused on Transfer speculation (always selling after a good rise before the deal was decided one way or the other) and in July where I bought a lot of IPD players while cheap prior to the season starting.

My biggest successes in terms of returns in individual players have been Parejo, Plea, Coman, Lewandowski and Insigne who all more than doubled in price. I also did very well out of Bale and Dybala by selling on peaks. I didn't get so lucky on Ayoze Perez as he tanked while I was abroad and still hold at a noticeable loss.

At present, I still hold Gnabry, Kramaric, Under, Suso, Orsolini, Immobile and Gerard Moreno on decent rises and the rest of my port are players with PB potential that I've only held for a week or two but all have Euro involvement in the pipeline e.g Brandt, Thorgan Hazard, Ben Yedder,

• Great work and now is the perfect time to be on the index

• I couldn't agree more, lovely thread. the forum is great, its the only place I can talk about Football Index where the people are not sick of hearing it!

• well said.

• @Ole-ole said in Thank You FI Forums:

I couldn't agree more, lovely thread. the forum is great, its the only place I can talk about Football Index where the people are not sick of hearing it!

Struck a chord this, none of my mates are on here, a couple of people I know have very very small amounts of money in, but I'll never get a proper conversation about FI out of any of them. I dont even tell them I've got 5 figures in here cos theyd probably think I was lying, it's just a bit of a novelty to the few ppl I do know