Top 5 players to return divs that are still value for money after the change in structure

• If you had to rank the top 5 players (in order) for their potential/probable dividend return, who would you go for? I'm considering selling some cap app hopeful investments but only for players that are good value for their return.

• Think QF of European club football, who are these clubs going to be - who scores/assists/posts decent PB scores - then look at their price.....

Then look at the price at the start of the season....what % are they off that sentiment the index has for them.

Then splash your load all over them, sit back and watch the money roll in.

Any Man Utd player would be worth their weight in gold for example, all so much lower than the start of the season - HOWEVER - there is a small matter of them being wank at the moment.....however, should they pox themselves to a QTR FINAL of the cup then I would suggest make a good 15 to 20% on each of the players consistently playing.

• Think Neymar, Messi, KDB/Kroos, Pogba and maybe Kane. Out of that list though I'd probably say Neymar is the one who is under valued. If anybody is going to become a £10+ player it'll 100% be him

• @ChazFI123 would you not add Sterling to that list mate?

• @Millerman-again it was a shoot out between him and Kane haha, went for Kane as he's a safer option, but there's every chance Sterling will eclipse him!

• Age wise 24 plays in Champions League, German national team for Euros goals and even assists Gnabry

• I agree with the list @ChazFI123 has put out. All of them are likely to win you some PB divs throughout the season, Messi and Neymar especially as they’re both PB machines, with the occasional MB thrown in as well.
    Might also add Pjanic to that list - Juve will probs make it at least QF in champs league. Plus he might have Euros with Bosnia

• @NewUser152089 Fair shout, this and last season, its a goal or assist every other game.

• As I was discussing on another thread earlier you want to be looking at european players from major nations, who are very well suited to the PB matrix and at clubs that are highly likely to go deep in european competition.

The clubs it's generally agreed will go deep in the CL are city, liverpool, barca, real madrid, juve, PSG and bayern, the EL may offer cheaper options but I'd say is less predictable.

So you're looking at european players from these 7 clubs in my eyes. We all know who they are so theres no need for me to pump, but one player who screams value to me, who is at a top club, in a fashionable playing position and still cheap is joao cancelo. Obviously I hold him but I could have named the majority of my port to be fair, he is just the one I think is the best value of all.

Having said that you've asked for a top 5 so heres mine

Cancelo
    Kroos
    Jorginho
    Griezmann
    Depay

I know jorginho and depay arent from those 7 clubs but still represent great value in my eyes

• @ChazFI123 Do agree with that list, pogs neymar and messi my biggest holding, always difficult deciding whether to top those up or diversify more. I would say Kroos is better value than KDB, lower top pb perhaps but more consistent?

• @NewUser196223 KDB more susceptible to injuries too. I used to hold KDB but sold, I do now hold Kroos, as someone pointed out on another thread can't believe he's 29 thought he was 31+. Looking at someone like Depay, there is every chance he could return his price in dividends over the three year holding, or at least get close to it.

• I think all the current PB players still have a lot of growth in them considering the new payout structure so top five id be putting my money in

Neymar
    Messi
    KDB
    TAA
    Kroos

Others id also go for are

Pjanic
    Parejo
    Teji
    Alcantara
    Kimmich

(I do own 8 of the 10 players ive listed above)

• I think Neymar, Pogba, Sterling etc are over priced compared to dividend returns. I currently hold cheaper players such as, in no particular order:
    Depay
    Insigne
    Gnabry
    Parejo
    Verratti
    Ruiz
    Suso
    Coman
    Alcantara
    Griezman
    Calhanoglu

• @Old-Man said in Top 5 players to return divs that are still value for money after the change in structure:

I think Neymar, Pogba, Sterling etc are over priced compared to dividend returns. I currently hold cheaper players such as, in no particular order:
    Depay
    Insigne
    Gnabry
    Parejo
    Verratti
    Ruiz
    Suso
    Coman
    Alcantara
    Griezman
    Calhanoglu

What would you classify as a fair yield from dividends? Interested as I think neymar is undervalued... We either have different yield expectation or differ in how much divs he could earn in a year.

• Think on a given day any of the Bayern midfield could score huge pb. Apart from those already mentioned there's Coman, tolisso, coutinho and Goretzka .... Who are all cheaper or haven't had much of a rise.

• To me the Juventus trio of: Ronaldo, Pjanic and Alex Sandro is materially undervalued. These are three players that 1) consistently play the whole game which is a key to win dividends and 2) get a lot of points because of how Juve play (Pjanic yesterday did 242 with no assists or goals)

Others are: Coman, Kroose

• Does Gold also apply to QF + of Europa League aswell as Champions League....wasn't around FI last year?

• @Vespasian32 I agree, I’m convinced there’s still a decent amount of growth left in him

• @ChazFI123 he's already won something like 80p through summer... No doubt more mb in January... New star man divs are very high... He could break £2 this season in divs

So 20% I think is really generous yield puts him around £10... Promise of dividend reviews at start of each season now... I think he's worth more than £10.... I just can't afford to buy him back! And I suspect that's the case for the majority of the market and why he's not already smashing £9+

• @Vespasian32 cause the £3 PB bracket players prices are doing so well I think people are think they can get away with not investing in the big boys, but I’m sure once people see what sort of returns they are providing people will try make some money available. Currently trying to find a way of topping up on him, but I’m pretty happy with my portfolio at the moment, decisions.