PAUL POGBA

• Is it still worth holding onto Pogba at this price? Media bonus is going to be increased which suits him BUT he's hardly won in these last few months. Be patient or suck it up take the loss and reinvest?

• With the increase to PB and MB I really think he has great potential value. Either a new manager at Utd willing to give him free reign further forward... Or a change of club will see him competing for both prizes.

I'm going to wait tho till something happens... Its the uncertainty if the last 3-4 months that has seen him drop... As well as injury, taken off pens, poor form for utd, lack of mb... Index opening up and all that jazz.

• @NewUser196223

His price is built on 12 months+ record of winning lots of MB with a bit of PB, largely due to GWG penalties (which it seems he's no longer trusted with) but his media stories were largely about his great footballing form with both club & country (winning WC etc) & falling out with Mourinho for months on end. You have to ask yourself will he repeat any of that?; Mourinho - clearly not, OGS is a completely different type of manager, he's injured so no football related MB but it could possibly come back, however he needs to up his game on that front too.

His FUTURE price will depend on how many dividends he wins going forward, given his high baseline past performance, it's likely to be far less. WHY? - less volume of stories for the above reasons but also less chances to win MB due to more platform focus on performance dividends (far more PB days & less MB ones) & more platform wide competition. If as seems likely he gets less MB then his price will fall accordingly, as it already has done (Β£8+ down to Β£6). He's currently surviving on his MB reputation but eventually his price has to support itself through dividend wins or it will continue to decline.

He is still overrated in my view as the whole platform dynamic has changed & as the market increasingly recognises that fact the MB darlings will in general suffer as money moves to IPD/PB performers. Should he leave Man Utd (world's media darling club) his price will fall further, should he sign a new contract it may hold up short term but all the transfer speculation stories will disappear so again less MB leading to a price decline. I see very few reasons to hold him at this price let alone buy into him - huge downside risks with few upsides.

If you think he'll win more dividends than his price will decline then possibly hold but I think that's a slim possibility otherwise sell up & accept it as a lesson learned.

• Not sure what his price will do over the next few months, but I may invest around March time, he will be one of the stand out players at the Euro's and I'm sure will grab a lot of headlines. It's more the situation United are in that's holding him back, rather than his ability to win dividends going forward IMO

• I'd get rid personally. His price has been steadily falling, hasn't won any MB recently and not a great PB player. If you do take a hit, depending how much it is, you can probably make it all back with the right investments. I think any recent peaks Pogba had were cult members, sorry holders, reinvesting and trying to get him rising again. Could maybe get on again as the summer transfer window and Euros approaches. Whack it all into Messi the true πŸ‘‘

• @ChazFI123 said in PAUL POGBA:

Not sure what his price will do over the next few months, but I may invest around March time, he will be one of the stand out players at the world cup and I'm sure will grab a lot of headlines. It's more the situation United are in that's holding him back, rather than his ability to win dividends going forward IMO

He may be, but buying into a player in the hope that performs well in a tournament 2.5 years further down the line is a bit risky tbf.0_1571909517312_upload-594355b3-0503-4f2e-89c1-13ee7caa88fd

• @Advinculas-Index my bad, edited!!

• @ChazFI123 said in PAUL POGBA:

@Advinculas-Index my bad, edited!!

I knew what you meant really, Just rustling yer jimmies....

• @Will78 said in PAUL POGBA:

I'd get rid personally. His price has been steadily falling, hasn't won any MB recently and not a great PB player. If you do take a hit, depending how much it is, you can probably make it all back with the right investments. I think any recent peaks Pogba had were cult members, sorry holders, reinvesting and trying to get him rising again. Could maybe get on again as the summer transfer window and Euros approaches. Whack it all into Messi the true πŸ‘‘

Hahaha "cult members"! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm guilty of being a former cult member, so it's the classy thing to do and not make any comment on a player I once held. It would be like discussing the weird sexual habits of my ex girlfriend to her new boyfriend - let him find out for himself! She may behave differently now. Who knows? Either way, it's none of my business anymore so I should keep my mouth shut.

You get me @Ericali ? πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte said in PAUL POGBA:

@Will78 said in PAUL POGBA:

I'd get rid personally. His price has been steadily falling, hasn't won any MB recently and not a great PB player. If you do take a hit, depending how much it is, you can probably make it all back with the right investments. I think any recent peaks Pogba had were cult members, sorry holders, reinvesting and trying to get him rising again. Could maybe get on again as the summer transfer window and Euros approaches. Whack it all into Messi the true πŸ‘‘

I'm guilty of being a former cult member, so it's the classy thing to do and not make any comment on a player I once held. It would be like discussing the weird sexual habits of my ex girlfriend to her new boyfriend - let him find out for himself! She may behave differently now. Who knows? Either way, it's none of my business anymore so I should keep my mouth shut.

@ScouseSte

Ian Astbury sold most of his in September iirc - tell him Advinculas Index said "Hi" next time you see him

• @Advinculas-Index said in PAUL POGBA:

@ScouseSte said in PAUL POGBA:

@Will78 said in PAUL POGBA:

@ScouseSte

Ian Astbury sold most of his in September iirc - say hi to him next time you see him

Haha sorry pal but I had to Google him! I figured he may be a Charles Manson type reference πŸ˜‚

• @ScouseSte πŸ˜‚πŸ‘. Held a few times as well but for it's a no for me now. Far prettier, newer shiney things to purchase these days. Maybe one for the road further down the line? To use your analogy, one last bunk up with the ex to confirm it's truely over πŸ˜‚

• The one big advantage Pogba has is that other players generally need to play well in order to win dividends, whereas he can win MB dividends even when he plays very badly or misses a sitter / penalty.

The media love building him up and knocking him down, but he needs to get his lazy arse back on the field of play to start winning dividends again.

I don’t think he’ll make the Norwich game, but could be back for Bournemouth a week on Saturday.

• @ocs123 said in PAUL POGBA:

The one big advantage Pogba has is that other players generally need to play well in order to win dividends, whereas he can win MB dividends even when he plays very badly or misses a sitter / penalty.

The media love building him up and knocking him down, but he needs to get his lazy arse back on the field of play to start winning dividends again.

100% agree with this, if it was posted a month ago. It remains to be seen if this still rings true under the new MB structure (open to all). I hope, for all Pogba holders, it does.

• @ScouseSte

True.

I think we need to see how things play out after he's returned from injury and started playing regularly again.

At the moment, lots of people are assuming his MB potential is dead because MB has been opened up to the whole market. But this has coincided with him not playing due to niggly minor injuries and a spell where he's (unusually) not been doing strange things on social media.

Time will tell, I suppose.

• @ocs123 yea totally agree, he's been quiet and injured so it's unfair to judge at this stage πŸ‘

• He has lost 25% of his value in 6 months so I guess you gotta ask yourself if he is now a decent price or if he will drop further or just plateau

• Personally I think he may well be good value now. He isn't suddenly a bad player and he will get plenty of MB come the transfer windows too.
    If I had money to invest, it would be on him.

• If I had more cash I’d be topping up; I only hold 100 bought in the last dip and he’s slightly down on that so I’m at a loss currently.

However that is massively off set with my other 2 bigger holds.

He’s injured and we’re not at silly transfer window season yet so whilst I expect to drop a bit more I have no doubt he’ll rise to Β£6 again and it will be seeing if he starts to win MB come end of November.

Regardless if he’s fit he will do ok in the euros so I’m happy to take the short term hit.

• Apparently Juventus are preparing a bid for him. I’ll certainly be holding into December at least as transfer rumours abound.