Dele Alli

• Anyone else out there thinking he is just simmering along - yet to really break out this season - and therefore current value (late 3s), might be good investment?

Spurs still in both cups, which become high profile at end of season for MB purposes, and the moment his form recovers he'll barely be out the news? Seems like a player of his profile has some scope to get to 5 and above in WC year.

• I think with Dele (has a spurs fan) what puts people off is he’s so negative for media buzz for a £4 player. He Dives and does silly things. He also does silly things to stop is PB score. I’ve 10 Dele and 280 Son because if we get past Swansea and Juve we have a Quarter Final CL tie and FACup semi at Wembley and check the stats Sonny loves Wembley! And son came second in PB mid on Saturday having only played 70 mins... it make no sense to me I’ve had deli since November made nothing on him and can get 2.5 sons per Dele both class as midfield and I feel I’m getting more value win sonny!! Penny for penny!!!

• I have had Alli for a while, bought him, Kane and Eriksen, two have rocketed and returned dividends while he has gone down and now recovering
    Considering his form is poor I expect a rise when he gets goals in and for the WC nevertheless and therefore holding him, he has been disappointing so far but plenty of potential and future headlines from him I would think

• @Ermejo

Out of all the players I’ve owned I have found Dele the most difficult to sell to the market. I joined in October and he’s one of the players with 0% growth no PB and no MB his media always negative and if I remember right his media at the euros was he was scape goat for us being knocked out lots of 20 pointers.

I think the plus side with Dele is he’s a big game CL player produces when he’s “in the window” but like with Spurs v Juve we can only play 11 players myself I’d play Dembele further back next to Lamela but then not having Dier or Wanyama your leaving yourself open v the likes of Dybela other option would be if you play Dier next to Dembele up to you need Son - Eriksen - Lamela kane up front. Then Ali & Lucas need to come off the bench

Overall my problem is what’s going to make Dele win me £1 a future (25%) or how’s he going to win buzz? If you invest now you’ve tied your money up and will get bored and flip? I’ve just ten of him

• @Chicken-Badge I sold up on Dele, one of my initial purchases before I really started analysing the index before buying. Like you I don't see where his dividends come from. Maybe he could get some return from MB if a transfer comes along but this seams to have died down and this would be wiped out by the move as I see his next move as abroad ( unless united come along and then he could be £5+ easy)

I've seen alot of spurs fans say he's out of form but from what I've seen he's just taken a slightly different role as Son has taken the pressure off him getting goals so he is playing a slightly deeper role. Not being a 'second Striker' as he was at points in his breakthrough seasons. Probably a bit like KdB as a halfway house between pass machine and goal getter so doesn't really do enough of either for PB.

• @Ozzlebert said in Dele Alli:

@Chicken-Badge I sold up on Dele, one of my initial purchases before I really started analysing the index before buying. Like you I don't see where his dividends come from. Maybe he could get some return from MB if a transfer comes along but this seams to have died down and this would be wiped out by the move as I see his next move as abroad ( unless united come along and then he could be £5+ easy)

I've seen alot of spurs fans say he's out of form but from what I've seen he's just taken a slightly different role as Son has taken the pressure off him getting goals so he is playing a slightly deeper role. Not being a 'second Striker' as he was at points in his breakthrough seasons. Probably a bit like KdB as a halfway house between pass machine and goal getter so doesn't really do enough of either for PB.

For me Dele is a luxury player a tricker and he don’t have the work rate of Son or Lamela it annoys me the Poch don’t play Lamela and Son together has Lamela has gave Son 3 assists in last few months I like Lamela has he will put more work in that Dele. He’s has clumsy as fook but he’s like a golden retriever will chase the ball all day and loves his footy. Dele not scoring has many this season and if you have such a player he needs to score more. We already have Mousa Dembele Who don’t score but he’s a beast in fact he never loses the ball (ever) he lost it once in 4 months or something the other year but like I say I like Dele but when you have the rest and also Lucas on bench you can only play 11 and for around £4 even if he does gain abit money’s served better elsewhere like yourself when I joined he was one of my first players till I learned how things work here

• @Chicken-Badge I will be interesting to see what happens with Lamella. Looks like he's being managed back into the team. Again like you I think Lamella and Son are the better fit for the system but Dele probably has a bigger ego and might be harder to drop than Son or Lamella. I really like Potch (not a spurs fan) but I do wonder what he will do with Dele, showed a ruthless streak with Rose and walker but will he do the same with with Dele?

• Dele has transfer value and young. I’m not saying he’s a bad hold but I think like you say Poch wants to nerture him and not push him out the frame and shatter his confidence even more so. If I was Poch if him and Toby has a great World Cup I’d be tempted to sell them and buy with the 250 million petty cash to strengthen to compete with city. So much prospects out there Poch could turn into the next Dele Ali, he will come good on here but the question is when and how long you need to hold at £4 a pop.. has for Tony jan has stepped up and I can see Foyth being one to buy here next year still a little raw at moment but I think Poch sees Foyth and Sanchez in future plans I’m not one for sticking my money in players that are not here and now I can’t see much transfer gossip with Dele just yet

• Alli is one of those players who should be a fantastic FI asset.

Young
    English
    Big club but with potential links
    Forward
    Hits the news

Just not really happenned for him yet. Its possible he could take off and be a great buy but not someone I have gone for him although made good capital gains this time last year on him.

• @mike778

I’ve made nothing on him held him since October

• @mike778 Yeh he seemed to really explode from roughly £1 to £4 in the first quarter of 2017. I even remember some buzz wins. But since then it's been very turgid and he's not really moved. Though if he kicks into form ahead of the World Cup it's possible he'll pick up some 5p returns and some capital growth.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.