Pogba price if he was a PB only player (hypothetical)

• Pogba of course isn't a PB only player having topped media a record 158 times, even if he moves he would still win media albeit not as much but let's say hypothetically he never wins media again and becomes a PB only player. In my opinion Pogba isn't getting enough respect as a potential PB powerhouse when he returns, I recall a numbers guy with credibility saying he would one of the top 10 midfielders to benefit most from the new scoring matrix, he's not really had the opportunity to show that yet due to injury.

Pogba has won PB once more than the 2 of the midfielders who have risen the most recently in Kroos (Β£3.46) and Pjanic (Β£3.13), both are 3 years older than and likely won't be winning much if any media for the rest of their careers so are suitable for the PB only comparison. When Pogba has won PB he's also won star man an impressive 70% of the time, kroos 33% and Pjanic 50%.

It looks like winning the EL is going to be United's best chance for CL football next season, United are betting favourites for the tournament. The EL has an extra knockout round (last 32) and every EL game will be a gold matchday (16p star player potential) except for the round of 16 so there's considerably more dividends on offer in comparison to the CL which is silver until the quarters. I expect Pogba to be competing strongly for top midfielder/star player when he plays in the EL against weaker teams, there's also weaker PB competition considering all the other top PB midfielders compete in the CL.

In the PL United surely can't be this bad for much longer, I do think United will improve when he returns and he'll put in some big scores when they win. I've seen some suggest no pens will effect him, Ole has said he'll still take some and he's put up some big scores without pens. Looking ahead to the Euros he'll likely be the main PB midfielder for betting favourites France.

When considering the price/returns/national team/ages of various PB midfielders I think 26 year old Pogba is worth at least Β£4 as a hypothetical PB only midfielder. What do you think?

• @NallyCat great, just what the forum needed, yet another pogba thread

• @Ddr I've not seen his pb discussed in great detail and I think I've made some interesting points, let's see you make a thread then 🀣

• @NallyCat didn't say anything about the quality of the post......but there are already so many threads about him was my point, it's getting beyond a joke

And I have actually started a few threads in the short time I've been on the platform and forum

• I agree @NallyCat, I think you have posed an interesting question, which really is broader than just Pogba. PB is poured over by many traders, and yet MB tends not to be. I can understand why, but seems a little short-sighted.

If you haven't seen @Wotabeast discussed it using a couple of other Premium examples in this thread

@Wotabeast said in The index is changing ... have you?:

@Keegans-Bluff Ha ha! Ok, here's one more for you...

Harry Kane:
    MB return 18/19 - 40p from 21 top 3 MB placings
    Return per placing = 1.9p
    Return per placing * 50% = 2.85p
    18/19 return converted to new MB returns - 60p
    No. of MB placings under new div payouts required to return more than 40p - 15
    Reduction in number of placings required to exceed last year's MB return - 30%

So Kane only needs to win 15 MB placings under the new MB dividend payouts to exceed last season's total MB payout. I would back him to exceed that by a long way this season with the Euros coming up.

• Thanks for the plug @Keegans-Bluff!

This is the kind of thread that interests me as it's looking outside of the box of received wisdom and cliche - in this case that Pogba is worthless if he's not winning MB.

Pogba's PB return last season (25p) was bettered only by Hazard, Kimmich and Messi. He had 5 position wins and every single one of them was a star player win as well. This season so far (only 5 appearances) he has a very competitive PB average of 121, despite only two goal involvements (both assists).

I would predict that if OGS finds a way to play him further forward, as I think is in Utd's interests, he will improve significantly on that PB average and will definitely win a good amount of PB this season.

People also reference the Euro qualifiers being PB eligible as a reason why Pogba is less valuable now (fewer triple media days), but if he's in the France squad then i expect him to have a very good shout at PB in the upcoming fixtures against Moldova and Albania.

As @NallyCat says, he could be worth £4 purely on his PB threat alone. Add in his inevitable MB and he is definitely an absolute bargain right now. (runs for cover ) 😳

• Interesting post I’d not overly considered PB for him whilst at Man U; I had factored it in in case he’s moves to Real, PSG or Juve where I thought this might off set the drop in MB.

• It's an interesting post but with Man Utd being so dig shit, his PB opportunities are limited at the moment. I support them but couldn't bring myself to hold Pogba at the moment.

There's no denying he's a world class player but for him to play his best he probably needs to be at another club

• This is Paul Pogba's PB rank:-
    0_1572078595840_Screenshot_20191026-092757.png

Currently the 98th best PB player on the index - on average score (according to football index scout)

The 98th best valued player on the index is Domenico Berardi who costs Β£1.92.

I'm no way suggesting Paul Pogba is only worth Β£1.92, as primarily Paul Pogba is a MB hold & with that it's factored into his current share price of Β£5.84.

But this is a PB discussion & that's his PB rank.

• @Ericali
    Interesting.

I had a look at Domenico Berardi for comparison and he is ranked 411th in PB with no media. Wonder why his price is so high?

• @Ericali hahaha you just can't resist can you? πŸ˜‚

When anyone mentions Pogba on the forum, it's like when commissioner Gordon unleashes the Bat signal.
    And just like Batman, Ericali is on the scene in a flash!

How is this anti-Pogba agenda still continuing mate? You haven't owned him for months. Let it go. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

• @ScouseSte
    I think people who don't own a player are usually more objective, especially if they have never owned.

• I think people are also bored of all the Paul Pogba posts by people looking for reassurance because his price has defied the rest of the index and massively declined in the last 6 months.

• @MrWh1te said in Pogba price if he was a PB only player (hypothetical):

@Ericali
    Interesting.

I had a look at Domenico Berardi for comparison and he is ranked 411th in PB with no media. Wonder why his price is so high?

Probably potential - move to a bigger club, more wins = better PB. πŸ™„

I don't hold but that's what I'd guess.

• @BradD said in Pogba price if he was a PB only player (hypothetical):

I think people are also bored of all the Paul Pogba posts by people looking for reassurance because his price has defied the rest of the index and massively declined in the last 6 months.

^^^
    This @ScouseSte πŸ˜‰

• @Ericali
    I would love to get in on him at his current price tbh, annoys me that I cannot :/

@ScouseSte
    I think people who don't own a player are usually more objective, especially if they have never owned.

Mate Eric Ali HAS owned and he loves popping up on the numerous Pogba threads to tell everyone how bad a hold Pogba is, now that he doesn't own him.

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy when traders come on to badmouth players they once held. The more they belittle or point out POSSIBLE (not definite) drawbacks to holding or investing in a particular player, the more other traders get jittery and start selling.
    And then you inevitably get the "see, look how much he's fallen since I warned you!" posts.

It's probably the worst kind of behaviour on here, I despise it.

• @ScouseSte
    Interesting take. I saw it as the opposite.
    It was a post asking the PB price of Pogba and he gave the exact PB rank. He then said he would be worth more because of MB but that he was posting PB rank because it is a PB post.
    He actually answered the post exactly as the OP wanted.

@ScouseSte
    Interesting take. I saw it as the opposite.
    It was a post asking the PB price of Pogba and he gave the exact PB rank. He then said he would be worth more because of MB but that he was posting PB rank because it is a PB post.
    He actually answered the post exactly as the OP wanted.

If this was a one-off, the first time my good pal Eric had given his opinion on Pogba let's say, then I'd perhaps give it some credit.

Alas, it's just yet another assault on a player he doesn't own any more and should really not be involved in discussing. I know it's not against any rules or regulations but it just shows a lack of class and clear personal agenda.

These kind of comments and posts are nothing short of infuriating for those that hold Pogba - the power of the forum/Twitter is not mythical, it DOES influence behaviour and, subsequently, the value of your shares.

For the record, I am not asking for censorship or to silence Eric. But I will make it my business to highlight his biased smear campaign everytime he pipes up πŸ˜‰.
    And this is solely for the benefit of the many Pogba holders, of which I was one a few months ago.

• All opinions count weather you hold a player or not and anyone reading can then weigh up the pros and cons of holding that player as in the end it comes down to the individual parting with there cash weather to buy or not. I’d rather read people debating over a player rather than everyone singing from the rooftops how a certain player is just to good not to hold in your portfolio for whatever reason unfortunately in football things change all the time which results in the index also changing all the time so last seasons perfect storm is not this seasons perfect storm. Happy trading everyone