PB Defenders

• I've got attackers and midfielders coming out my ears at the minute. I'm wanting a PB defender to put my money into thats capable of winning star man. I've got TAA, Kimmich, Van Dijk, T Silva.

Who should I be looking at? Thinking Halstenberg but want more options

• @FINorth
    Jonjoe Kenny already won it and still doing well.
    Kenny Tete posting good scores
    I accept both are lower priced players but CA potential, both young so decent long term holds that have a decent chance of winning imo. I do hold both

• @FINorth halstenberg is a great shout, I'd also say joao cancelo and lucas Digne are good value with PB potential

Tell u who else I think is a good hold, I dont even hold him myself yet but fuck it, I'll be charitable, philipp max.

I see halstenberg as the very best cheap full back so last week I was going through full backs cheaper tha him and seeing if i could find anyone even better value. Philipp max was about the closest I came and he was only 40 odd pence. Dunno what he is now, and part of me is really questioning why I'm sharing this info before i buy myself bug I guess I'm just a selfless guy lol

• @FINorth

Bonnucci still only 46p; I tipped him on here for IPD play a couple of weeks ago & he hit PB win in his first game but starts every game for Juve (Sarriball PB friendly) & Italy when fit. Once the new dividends kick in ANY win will be a great return & still got latter stages of CL & Euro's to come.

Hinteregger came 2nd on last nights triple day with 269 iirc & he's only 57p. Alba, Cancelo, Denayer, Lenglet, Meurnier, Marquinios & Reguillon are some others for you to research. Defenders can win the same as other categories but are generally much more affordable albeit in a slightly more competitive category.

• Kolarov is a decent PB defender, takes set pieces and penalties so the potential for him to score high is there. Only downside is his age really.

Someone who i have not bought but am tracking is Nordi Mukiele. Not a consistent starter but when he has played his scores have been decent. Upamecano and Konate have both been linked with transfers away which may clear a path for him to become a nailed on starter.

• Gianluca Mancini. After a slow start he is settling in nicely at Roma. Deadly from set pieces and posted some fairly decent PB scores of late. 3 scores over 200 suggests he is a dividend winner waiting to happen. Aged 23 and an Italian international ticks all the boxes for me especially for 81p.

• Cancelo £1.59
    Scored 153 PB in the lose to Wolves
    Scored 213 in the win 2 nil win against Palace! 2 shots at goal, 1 big chance created! Undervalued!

• I have gone for Sergio Reguilon, he is young (22) and has won PB divs this season already. Currently 97P. He has 6 decent fixtures in the next 30 days so hopefully can produce a couple of good scores. There was also a good article released by Stats bomb on him yesterday too highlighting his performances so far.

• What about Lukas Klosterman 82p, ticks the same boxes as Halstenberg but for way less money, and he is 5 years younger or buy both, they both look dangerous when Leipzig go forward so why not.

Or Raphael Guerreiro 88p could be a good shout, might be a slow burner on a bit of a dip at the moment but feel that he could be an Hakimi waiting to happen. He just needs some more game time.

• Bonucci is a good shout, older but plays every game and already won PB once this season. Very low price.

What's anyone's opinion on Sergio Ramos? Just over £1, scores haven't been great this season but going off past performances surely is gonna hit PB at some point?

Usually gets a few goals, on pens so GWG potential. He is getting on but Real should go deep into the CL and then got the Euros with Spain to come up so plenty of games this year at the very least

• @Snrub said in PB Defenders:

What's anyone's opinion on Sergio Ramos?

Just bought a few with some bonus money, as ZZ/RM can't carry on being such a shambles, so I fully expect some better performances & as you say a goalscoring defender (FI gold dust) with CL & Euro's still to come who also gets pens thrown in - I'd be amazed if he didn't win a couple of PB's this season & at 107 that would show a decent return, especially with the new dividend structure.

• Benjamin Mendy is a certainty as a big PB defender. Hes already won it once this season whilst being eased back to full fitness. Once hes full fit he’ll rack up some big scores and with Laporte and Zinchenko now injured he has that left wing back role nailed down as long as he can stay injury free also

• ive gone for laporte at city. because of his injury, his price now is only back at what is was pre-injury, i.e. the increased dividends arent factored into his price yet.
    upon return from injury i think he will be aornud £2.00. to put this into context, that is sandwiched between reece james and de light. laporte is a proven dividend winner, unlike these two. plus youve got the euro's as a backdrop

• Souquet won PB twice this season, playing RW but listed as a defender and only 58p.

• @NewUser115892 said in PB Defenders:

ive gone for laporte at city. because of his injury, his price now is only back at what is was pre-injury, i.e. the increased dividends arent factored into his price yet.
    upon return from injury i think he will be aornud £2.00. to put this into context, that is sandwiched between reece james and de light. laporte is a proven dividend winner, unlike these two. plus youve got the euro's as a backdrop

A lot of that makes good sense. However for some mad reason he's never actually played for France so I don't know how certain it is he'll begoing. He's made a couple of squads and maybe would have played last time if it hadn't been for his injury. He was actually in the process of applying for to be eligible for Spain at one point. Still a good hold though at that price I think, any goal gives him a great chance.

• Halstenberg is a good shout. Ones that take penalties are Kolarov & Ramos. Digne is a solid hold. Mendy (City) if he can stay fit, Alba & Alaba.

That should be plenty. ^^^ 👍

• Another one - Timothy Castagne, another listed as defender but typically playing forward. Won PB already this season and will be in the Euros with Belgium.

• @MickTurbo said in PB Defenders:

@FINorth halstenberg is a great shout, I'd also say joao cancelo and lucas Digne are good value with PB potential

Tell u who else I think is a good hold, I dont even hold him myself yet but fuck it, I'll be charitable, philipp max.

I see halstenberg as the very best cheap full back so last week I was going through full backs cheaper tha him and seeing if i could find anyone even better value. Philipp max was about the closest I came and he was only 40 odd pence. Dunno what he is now, and part of me is really questioning why I'm sharing this info before i buy myself bug I guess I'm just a selfless guy lol

Feel free mate cos I already own him.

Think there's a potential transfer in him anarl.

• Vertonghen looks value when you consider his 54p (£1.60 old money) IPO price, only 10p above that. He's won PB 6 times with 2 star player wins, plays in the Champions league and Euros so plenty of chances for PB.

• Alex Sandro at 0.85 for Juventus is undervalued. He plays all games in a team that concedes few goals. Plus with Sarri he tends to play a lot in the opponent half as this is how Sarri likes to play (same it was for Marcos Alonso last year)