Granit Xhaka

• @Millerman-again fair enough that a captain should be a strong leader.

However, do you not think that your statement is exactly the reason why there is such a big problem with mental health in the male population?

A full wallet, does not protect anyone from emotional distress or mental problems. If he was mental issues then he should be able to speak up about it like any other man with mental problems on this planet.

• @Antierror said in Granit Xhaka:

@Millerman-again fair enough that a captain should be a strong leader.

However, do you not think that your statement is exactly the reason why there is such a big problem with mental health in the male population?

A full wallet, does not protect anyone from emotional distress or mental problems. If he was mental issues then he should be able to speak up about it like any other man with mental problems on this planet.

Mental health is mental health and is a massive issue, don't get me wrong and it can't all be tarnished with the same brush.

However, I would suggest losing colleagues in conflict zones, seeing war, losing lost ones in tower block fires, going through a divorce is slightly tougher on the mental health, than a very privileged sporting individual who is getting shouted at from the terrace and keyboard warriors.

As for mental health in the male population, your right we do need to speak up more - and I think you may have noticed my views on this issues from various posts over the last few months.

I like many have lost people to mental health, I have been the last person to speak to 2 people before they have taken their lives......that's mental health mate - living with the pain every day that I could have done something to save them......well I couldn't, but your mind does that to you.

So I suppose what I am saying is he needs to man up and not spit his dummy out because people are on his back....he SHOULD have sucked it up, and gone ape shit behind closed doors.

As for the full wallet comment, your right it doesn't - but come on, you really think people saying your wank is enough to start with the mental health card?

• @Millerman-again I think the big thing about mental health is it's not comparable between people, every person has different things that trigger it, Xhaka could have had a rough up bringing at school where he got bullied and the abuse in the stadium could have taken him back to how he felt back then. You cannot comment on whether or not he should feel certain things.

• @Millerman-again Football is a job at the end of the day. If you or I went to work every day and were constantly verbally abused it's not acceptable but footballers are supposed to suck it all up just because they're well paid? He should have handled it better of course but he's human and he reacted - just his reaction is in front of millions viewing on TV.

• @ChazFI123 said in Granit Xhaka:

@Millerman-again I think the big thing about mental health is it's not comparable between people, every person has different things that trigger it, Xhaka could have had a rough up bringing at school where he got bullied and the abuse in the stadium could have taken him back to how he felt back then. You cannot comment on whether or not he should feel certain things.

I'd possibly agree with you in regards to 'he may have had a rough upbringing' etc.....but I don't. He will have spent most of his life being screamed at by people on the sidelines, being questioned about how good he is, will he make it etc.

Ask the 1,000's of kids that don't make it because they are not mentally strong enough.

Nope, I don't buy it. Sorry.

• @Millerman-again being mentally strong and suffering from mental illness are not opposites of each other. Someone can be mentally strong and suffer from mental illness.

• @janner73 said in Granit Xhaka:

@Millerman-again Football is a job at the end of the day. If you or I went to work every day and were constantly verbally abused it's not acceptable but footballers are supposed to suck it all up just because they're well paid? He should have handled it better of course but he's human and he reacted - just his reaction is in front of millions viewing on TV.

janner73 he's not doing a normal job, he's doing one where people can scream and shout at him. Its part of his job, its part of his life, its part of what he 'should' be able to handle.

I agree 100% with your comment about his reaction in front of millions though.

I just don't think this 'mental health' card should have been played, thats all.

• @ChazFI123 said in Granit Xhaka:

@Millerman-again being mentally strong and suffering from mental illness are not opposites of each other. Someone can be mentally strong and suffer from mental illness.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this one :-)

I'm sorry but I have a very passionate view on mental health.....this is not the place for me to jump on my soap box.

Sorry if I have pissed anyone off or feel i'm being a dick.

Back to jumping on Zlatan and losing money due to FOMO.

• @Millerman-again I agree with you on the mental health point.
    Saying he should be able to handle it though, we don't really know how much he's had to handle - he's clearly not liked by the Arsenal fans but how much has he had to handle that we'll never know? It's entirely possible it was just the final straw for him that played out in the worst possible way.
    Arsenal is toxic right now - it's going the same way as Mourinho at United last season so it could get worse yet.

• @Millerman-again Sorry mate but someones lifestyle/money has no relevance to the state of their mental health. And telling someone to 'man up' and 'suck it up' is like something out of the dark ages. If you think mental health has been thrown lazily into the story then fair enough but you could have the best life in the world and still be suffering.

• @Will78 said in Granit Xhaka:

@Millerman-again Sorry mate but someones lifestyle/money has no relevance to the state of their mental health. And telling someone to 'man up' and 'suck it up' is like something out of the dark ages. If you think mental health has been thrown lazily into the story then fair enough but you could have the best life in the world and still be suffering.

As further up above, I have views as everyone else does....seem's i'm in the minority here in regards to sucking stuff up and just manning up.

Can we talk about giving medals out at school for finishing last, saying well done you have tried etc? ;-)

• @Millerman-again Just think if you've had experience with it then you ,more than anyone, should know that it's a mental thing which external factors can affect.

100% with you on the medal thing though 😂👍

• On the charge

🙏🙏🙏

• Media still very strong on him ... he can return 3p a day over next few weeks in non-premier league days

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.