Thiago Almada - is he all that?

• Thiago Almada dubbed the "new Messi" linked with all the right clubs still only 18 - anyone seen him play? Can he justify all the hype?

He's £2 so not cheap but I might be tempted if he's likely to get a PB move in the next 12 months & can back it up - thoughts, please.

• From what little I seen he looks like he could be the real deal. Will hopefully be moving to Europe next summer and I said it in another thread: although he is expensive if he is ‘the next Messi’ as he is touted then the price is actually pretty cheap.

• @NewUser159387 I'm topping up my hold in him with all my divs until Christmas at earliest..

• @Dan-w that’s exactly my plan too. Can see sky sports etc going into full on hype mode if this lad gets linked with a Premier League move.

• @NewUser252969 free shares in many ways, brings down my overall total cost. That's the way I see it.👍

• Is he worth more than Troy Parrot?

At least parrot is on the books of a PL team, Almada has yet to get there?

• I bought a small amount when he IPOd and sold a couple of weeks back for a small profit. I have watched the vids and he looks great and actually think he might fit the PB matrix well. My underlying issue was that a few things need to happen for him to smash it on FI.... 1) he needs to leave Argentina 2) he needs to transfer to a PB league 3) he needs to live up to the hype and perform against the PB matrix.
    That might all happen but at £2 I think there's a lot of risk. I truly hope he delivers for his holders...esp Ericali :), but I wanted to pump my cash elsewhere

• @TotalPunt 4) Needs to start games in Argentina.

• @NewUser159387 said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

Thiago Almada dubbed the "new Messi" linked with all the right clubs still only 18 - anyone seen him play? Can he justify all the hype?

He's £2 so not cheap but I might be tempted if he's likely to get a PB move in the next 12 months & can back it up - thoughts, please.

You can search for the latest "skills" video on him on YouTube. After watching one, I jumped on. He's definitely a long-term hold like Mbappe who could end up being the best player in the world.

0_1572307911894_upload-f5d828de-4f74-47ba-96f0-1d7a519927a0

• He'll be going to spain - not the PL as 99.9% of argentinian worldies do.

• I think he could be the real deal. I bought him when he IPOd and just topping up little bits here and there. Definitely someone I'm just sitting on and ignoring his current price fluctuations. PB Players are in fashion at the moment but when the transfer windows come round there's going to be loads of hype about him. He's already said he's coming to Europe and said he'd love to play for Man City so premiership links are already there

• Looks like one of those great on YouTube kids. Hard to see him break into an Elite European team within a 3 year bet. However he's on a dip and dipping further in the current climate. Transfer speculation likely in January so there could be a significant spike for those prepared to play the long game.

• As @Journey mentioned he has already set out his desire to play in Europe & his preference seems to be Pep, Man City & the PL from his most recent interview.

He's £1.97 at the minute & has been around the £2.20 mark but he's currently suffering from a dip like most of the youth talents.

He's muted as a 'Messi like talent' (high praise) & his current buy price of £1.97 only has a maximum loss of -77p a share on his IPO price of £1.20 - because he can't drop below his original IPO price & acts as a safety net.

On the upside, if he does become one of the top players in the world in the next 3 years his price is set to rocket 🚀 a hell of a lot higher than the -77p risk that "new owners" are currently gambling against.

The top players on the index are currently £5+ & over the term of the next 3 years, we can safely assume the top players are all easily likely to break £10+.

So on the risk/reward (-77p to £8+) the odds are heavily staked in a gambling man's favour. 😎👍

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• @Ringers said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

Is he worth more than Troy Parrot?

🤣🤣

Worth at least twice as much as Troy Parrott!

Kane, Son & Moura all play the central striker role before Parrott starts up top.

Spurs are knocked out of the League Cup & Parrott has no speculation on a transfer as he's currently a reserve in a PL team.

Not saying he doesn't have potential, but he doesn't have much left going for him this season. FA cup 3rd round tie at best.... 🤔

Almada still has a move, which he's openly courting, & was very close to a summer move to Manchester City.

If Sane goes Bayern Munich, Almada would be a very probable replacement seen as he plays in the left wide forward role & is obviously on Peps radar.

Personality wise, he could be a gold mine for MB in the PL with some of the antics he does.

• @Ericali Parrott will be in the Ireland squad for Euros, mark my words. Not sure you can advocate patience for Almada, yet claim Parrott not worth holding, but hey ho. Parrott has much higher MB potential in next year.

• @Hotspur said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

@Ericali Parrott will be in the Ireland squad for Euros, mark my words. Not sure you can advocate patience for Almada, yet claim Parrott not worth holding, but hey ho. Parrott has much higher MB potential in next year.

1. I don't believe Ireland will be at the Euro's as I think they will come 3rd behind Denmark & Switzerland.

2. I didn't say a bad hold - I said he had potential, but doesn't have much going for him this year.

3. when have even successful Ireland players been good MB holds? 🤔 I could understand if he was English - but he's not.

• @Ericali said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

@Ringers said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

Is he worth more than Troy Parrot?

🤣

Kane, Son & Moura all play the central striker role before Parrott starts up top.

I’d rather be 4th in the queue, than not in the queue at all

• @Ericali said in Thiago Almada - is he all that?:

I don't believe Ireland will be at the Euro's as I think they will come 3rd behind Denmark & Switzerland

They almost certainly will come 3rd - but they will almost certainly have a play-off spot so far from the end of their qualification chances :)

• Thiago is one of the most pumped players on the index, a lot of people purchased at an expensive IPO thinking they could make big returns. Reality is he is unlikely to make a PB league move in the next few years and people will continue to move money out.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.