Could it be a treble media day with all players outside the top 200?

• There is a good chance that all 3 spots in today's treble media day could go to players outside of the top 20. I'm not sure how this fits into fi's 7 percent but the more time goes on the more it seems that this figure was a little off.

• @Tom7471 i dont doubt that theyre figure was correct but if they did they’re calculations based on last season its worth remembering that the Pogba/Mourinho spat totally dominated the news week after week, then we had Hazards impending transfer and Neymars childish behaviour. So there wasnt much chance of random winners as every quiet news day the media resorted back to these three.

So far we havent had much drama from footballs megastars compared to last season but i wont be surprised if neymar or pogba’s transfer spec dominates a large part of the media this season and brings that percentage back down

• Fred (I hold) and Fabinho wouldn't be placing if the players below just needed their surnames in a headline to qualify for MB points like 1 name players effectively do. PB was apparently made fairer with the new scoring matrix, hopefully this unfair rule is sorted with the next tech update.

• Would have had all 3 if it was still top200 only....this is getting annoying. Havent won media divs for ages, way too random.

• @Abaalan said in Could it be a treble media day with all players outside the top 200?:

Would have had all 3 if it was still top200 only....this is getting annoying. Havent won media divs for ages, way too random.

And its this randomness that big investors won't like. There needs to be a steady div income for big money to sit in. Mb used to provide that.

• Yeah it seems very random at the minute and I'm not even sure how you can factor media buzz into players prices anymore.

• Still players from media friendly teams, its not that random.

Buying players from the big teams in the prem will always have an mb Friendly edge.

• There is always Betfair if you are fed up?

Who wins MB isn't FIs fault, it's the Media who wrote all those articles about Xhaka yesterday. Pogba and Neymar etc will still win MB more than Xhaka but they can't win it every day.

And if Pogba and Neymar et al are beginning to look less attractive now as an investment, sell them and change your strategy. It's an evolving platform, you can't keep the same strategy for years and expect to make the same % profit. Stuff changes.

• @Westy said in Could it be a treble media day with all players outside the top 200?:

@Abaalan said in Could it be a treble media day with all players outside the top 200?:

Would have had all 3 if it was still top200 only....this is getting annoying. Havent won media divs for ages, way too random.

And its this randomness that big investors won't like. There needs to be a steady div income for big money to sit in. Mb used to provide that.

Media Buzz (or Media Bonus as I now call it) may be diluted but the big investors have got the options of PB players to invest in, players almost certain to win and now win big because of the div increase:

Messi, Kroos, TAA, Kimmich are the 4 that initially stand out for me. They are like this season's Neymar, Pogba etc. in terms of safe holds for (almost) guaranteed returns.

Granted the PB pool of guaranteed winners is much smaller than the pool of potential MB winners last season, but surely that's a GOOD thing?

When I joined, I hated the fact Pogba was winning media all the time for stupid non-stories. It took a few weeks before I realised that, instead of complaining about it, I should just BUY him!

So, whilst MB is just a bonus now, PB is more predicable. The recent surges in the prices of the players I mentioned confirms that people recognise the main protagonists.

• @BradD Banned from all bookies and Betfair has little liquidity

• Also I'm not fed up of the platform I think it's amazing but I just think the 7 % was well off.

• 7% they said... what a load of rubbish.

Reluctantly I've sold up all of my high value players (except Kane and Rashford, who seem to be stable at the moment) and have moved towards a portfolio consisting of sub-£2 players.

It's just too risky to invest in expensive players, when FI keep moving the goalposts based on dud data (like their mythical 7% figure).

As for those buying PB holds at £3 or £4 - how long before the PB metric changes again and those holds are devalued? For example, there's been a big move from centre backs to full backs, but that could easily reverse with another metric change.

• @ocs123 they've said they'll review divs on a yearly basis so I think its pretty safe to say it'll be in about a year!!!

• @ocs123 said in Could it be a treble media day with all players outside the top 200?:

7% they said... what a load of rubbish.

Reluctantly I've sold up all of my high value players (except Kane and Rashford, who seem to be stable at the moment) and have moved towards a portfolio consisting of sub-£2 players.

It's just too risky to invest in expensive players, when FI keep moving the goalposts based on dud data (like their mythical 7% figure).

As for those buying PB holds at £3 or £4 - how long before the PB metric changes again and those holds are devalued? For example, there's been a big move from centre backs to full backs, but that could easily reverse with another metric change.

We've got 12 months to milk it before the next dividend review so we KNOW there may be changes then. Extremely unlikely to be a metric change before then. The last one took ages to be implemented, following months of trader complaining and then subsequent questionnaires sent out by FI.

I think we are in a pretty solid state for the next 12 months

• Nowt would surprise me with them in charge but nonetheless they did eventually listen to our concerns and act accordingly.

Therefore I dont expect them to make any big matrix changes. But I do think something may be brought in to compensate centre halves because they are currently on a journey to becoming like defensive midfielders. I'd like to think they could benefit these players without impacting wing backs but the only ways of doing this that I can come up with are separate PB categories or maybe a penny IPD for centre halves for clean sheets, neither of which I think is likely.

Therefore I think there may be another matrix tweak in a year or so, maybe increasing the rewards for headed clearances or headers/tackles within their own penalty area or something. But the problem is this would again skew the balance and devalue wing backs.

Maybe a centre half goal could be worth more than the 45 points for other players. I really dont know, I just hope they dont do anything rash

• @MickTurbo team of the week idea we discussed a while back... 1p per place in a 442/433. Rewards gk, cbs 2, whilst adding more value to the current best.