Did anyone really want star player to get the biggest dividend increase?

• So dividends will be increased by an incredible 57%, I'm of course very happy with that increase but how it's going to be distributed not so much. Gold matchday star player is the biggest increase by far, I genuinely don't recall seeing star player being requested to be increased on the forum or twitter. I thought if anything star player should be reduced or even scrapped with how often MF's were winning it on the new PB matrix, for it to be the biggest increase was very unexpected.

I think it's fair to say most of the clamour was for an increase in PB or/and MB, both got nice increases but it could have been so much better IMO if those star player payouts would've been more evenly distributed. They could've been used on extra place/places for PB and MB, I think having more wins albeit smaller compared to star player wins would've been good for traders, taking the painful variance out of it somewhat when your player is pipped to PB or MB if a single day.

Just quickly on MB I think FI might actually be funding this dividend increase with all they're saving from squad players winning MB as seen today 🤣, they of course pay out much less when a squad player wins instead of a top 200 but that probably requires it's own thread.

Traders who hold majority stakes in the players likeliest to win star player will of course be happy and tell me to stop whinging but I just think it could've been better, would you have preferred the star player dividends to have been more evenly distributed?

• I was one of those who called for star player to be scrapped. I was quite surprised.

My original suggestion was to scrap star man and replace with 3x mb on single match days (at least, but not sure every day would be affordable) , and bonus dividends for any PB score over 300.

Yesterday's MB was a joke. The 7% claim is looking more ridiculous by the day.

• I’ve sold the likes of Pogba and Rashford. So much of their value was in winning media divs and most of the changes in the last few months has been to decrease the chances of the premium players winning it. I can’t honestly see their prices increasing beyond their peak prices anytime soon. I feel like the market is still correcting itself over the prices of the top holds that are primarily media heavy players and until that happens I wont be buying in.

It wouldn’t surprise me the next thing they do is take United out of the positive word scoring matrix they use for MB further decreasing the chances of the likes of Pogba winning and therefore saving FI potentially 100ks in payouts over the next year or so. I don’t hold any of the players that are affected most by media payouts becoming more unpredictable (exception of Sterling who has great PB going for him and is a media darling heading into the EC) but if I did I would be annoyed that FI have effectively changed the conditions of the bet I’d made, after making it in good faith. Whenever your buying a player your taking the odds that at that current buy price you can make more money on it while FI are hoping after the 2% commission you’ve lost and with the changes they’ve made they’ve skewered the odds in their favour ever so slightly.

The one cravet to the 8% figure is that its still early after the change has come in. I’d say wait till Christmas at least until judging it so theres a greater sample size.

• @CJ0101 I find it funny how you can question Pogba and Rashford but then pump Sterling, the former two have won many more divindeds than Sterling and I don't see that changing going forward. He has no way near as many MB wins as Rashford never mind Pogba and if sterlings 4pb and 0 star players is 'great' then what's Pogba's 7pb wins and 5 star players?

Rant over 🤣, taking united out of the media scoring won't damage united players very much, I think it's only 10 or 20 points extra when 'United' is mentioned, I'm sure I've seen 'United' mentioned and the article only had 30 points when 20 is the minimum. Players with 1 name would have their MB potential massively damaged if their current unfair advantage is changed though.

I do think we've probably had an unusually high number of squad player wins since it was brought in but it's clear to see it won't be 7%, I think it will settle at around 20% when there's a good sample size.

• The star man increase is, in my opinion, an attempt to bring more of the “buzz” that comes from a big gambling win into FI. They’ve realised that many traders watch the PB scores with interest, and we’ve had whole threads discussing the live scores and who might take star man PB. When there is 16p a share to play for that should only increase that excitement.

Didn’t ask for it... but quite happy with it as I think it will improve the appeal of the index.

• Also by increasing the star man, it still leaves the door open for FI to add extra places should the market stagnate somewhat in the future.

• I hold Pogba, Rashford and Sterling. My feeling is that as soon as Pogba will play and misses a penalty he will go up by 10% anyway. Rashford will come back steadily. While Sterling is keeping the pace, maybe can't rise much, but he can't go down.
    My deepest frustration is Salah that is having a good season but for me he is still a loss.

• Yeah I hate the star man, just because pb is a lottery and this just favours the lotto winners rather than consistency. That money could be used much better elsewhere but that's how it goes. It's great to see the dividends increase but it was an odd decision
    If anything I think they should have given some money to the player with the highest pb score (total) each month. That would reward the top players much more.

• @Tom7471 but if you look at the market reaction... The outcome has worked and the market is restoring credibility with big rises to PB players and drops to the non-pb youth. It looks more appealing to an outsider now

When you zoom out in a year and look at the pb winners it won't look like a lottery. Neymar and Messi will be top. Kroos, pjanic, Alberto, kimmich will all be there etc.

• I still would have prefered them to pay out 3 places on a gold day and two places on a silver day, instead of boosting star player.

• Posted something very similar on a thread yesterday. Generally on a gold day the odds are that one of the big pb players will win it, limiting the pool of players to maybe 20 odd that are likely to win (discounting the random lucky hatrick someone gets).

Would have thought more winners = more happy punters.

• @Dan-w said in Did anyone really want star player to get the biggest dividend increase?:

it still leaves the door open for FI to add extra places should the market stagnate somewhat in the future.

I see this as by far the most likely next move, tiered PB on Silver x2 & Gold x3 days but I'm happy with a big star man bonus too , as it does what the platform should, reward outstanding on field achievement. No point constantly complaining about the rules; if the scoring matrix or dividend structure doesn't suit your portfolio of players then wake up & change your strategy. There are multiple ways to make FI profitable but it requires some thought, research, hard work, tactics, strategy & sometimes blind luck on your part. When I see ppl complaining about the wrong sort of dividends or too many deposit bonus's I really despair - what other betting or investment platform gives the opportunity to make these sort of returns for such relatively low risk???

• @Abaalan said in Did anyone really want star player to get the biggest dividend increase?:

Posted something very similar on a thread yesterday. Generally on a gold day the odds are that one of the big pb players will win it, limiting the pool of players to maybe 20 odd that are likely to win (discounting the random lucky hatrick someone gets).

I think people are missing the facts that are now staring them in the face - if, as you say, there are roughly 20 possible players who'll win PB on a treble day... BUY SHARES IN THEM! You've clearly identified a trend so we should all take advantage!

Yes PB is still essentially a lottery but it's now LESS of a lottery than the once-predictable MB.

• By the way, we pretty much ALL were crying out for tiered divs before the announcement but, as I've mentioned before, tiered divs would harm the volatilty and short-term trading trend that FI clearly want to keep. It's the most profitable for them and the most engaging for the new breed of FI customer.

Tiered pb and mb would see a return to big fish putting all their money in Pogba Neymar etc again and just sitting on it for months.
    Those days are gone.

Order books will be the next big change. Tiered divs wont be introduced for a long time I suspect

• @Abaalan said in Did anyone really want star player to get the biggest dividend increase?:

Posted something very similar on a thread yesterday. Generally on a gold day the odds are that one of the big pb players will win it, limiting the pool of players to maybe 20 odd that are likely to win (discounting the random lucky hatrick someone gets).

This is many people's first thought but it actually works against you. If only 1 player ever won divs... We would all buy and his price would go up and up and we would win divs and cap ap and new people signing up would buy that person...

More winners, more chances of winning etc means diluted money, low yields, low liquidity.

Same with ipos everyone wants them... But only favours the booky... More players competing for the same prizes and the same liquidity. Harms all the open bets.

If pb was tiered... The people punting on cheapies would have even more chance of random wins and the market ceiling wouldn't rise. The increase to star man has added value back to the best of the best... But still a punters chance for that great game a season for a cheap player.

• Personally I don't mind reducing MB and think it is most relevant to those who have been here longer. When I first joined I thought it was a really odd thing. Dividends not directly related to what a footballer does on a pitch? Sure I'm used to it now, but still think most new traders will just find it a bit odd and their first purchases will be on players they think are good footballers. Slowly dwindling its significance is no big loss imo (though I understand the pain to older traders who bought in on the premise of dividends).

I personally would have preferred tiered system rather than star man. So many players on the index have so little value due to lack of real chance of ever winning PB. Spreading it a little deepet would have given some stronger foundations to the entire index. The increase at least is pushing players that actually win dividends which is how it should be, and how it wasn't working last few months. But it would have been nice if the dividend increase had benefited all PB players slightly more rather than 10 or so players.

• @Vespasian32

I agree.

I think, after a good few days of digesting what the dividend increase offers, Football Index is now a very attractive prospect once again. They have got it spot on, catering for ALL trading strategies whilst maintaining great income for themselves.

I can't wait to get back involved! Goddamn this time out!!!! 😂

• FI have always been very clear that they don't see tiered PB as something they ever want to do. It's certainly something we wont see for a significant amount of time quite simply because the potential cost to FI is significant. Messi or Neymar winning top forward (and maybe star man) is a fair pay out for them. Now imagine they have to pay out on messi, Neymar and Sterling coming 1,2,3 on a treble day - that's huge in terms of payouts and a liablility they quite rightly don't want to take on. It will reduce trading and FI need trading to make profit - everyone buying, holding and collecting dividends isn't a sustainable product.

• @janner73 absolutely.
    And this is something we should all accept and forget about it now. It won't happen.

• It was good because it didn’t really change anything just made the real PB players valuable AGAIN.

Media still annoys me but I understand why they did it. If it did keep to just 7% would be okay but it clearly will be more like 20/25% which is not great.