Barca B

• Just got back from a weekend in Barcelona. Went to see the B side as el clasico got rescheduled due to the protests.

2 things I took away from the game. Riqui Puig is very, very good but at his current price, is a risky purchase. Very good at keeping the ball, but also very prone at doing nothing with it.

Also Akieme at left back was really very good playing the wing back role. 21, has already played a couple of times for Vallecano before going to barca b, and contract up June 2021. 22p and I could definitely see him getting a move if Barca decide not to promote him.

Finally, abel ruiz looked shockingly bad.

• @Moukoko said in Barca B:

Also Akieme at left back was really very good playing the wing back role. 21, has already played a couple of times for Vallecano before going to barca b, and contract up June 2021. 22p and I could definitely see him getting a move if Barca decide not to promote him.

I saw him when they played Villarreal B and thought he looked class, every cross he made was inch perfect but i didn't even think to look if he was on the index!

• @LampardCulture marauding was the word we used! Noticeably better than the league

• Wow! This is next level research. A scouting trip. Barca B churned out some real talent in the past mind.

• @Dalien-Smith 2 month old stadium, how could I resist! Can now say I have been to both Johan Cruyff stadiums!!

In truth, the town around La Masia is like a ghost town, and the quality of football was odd-all players technically gifted, but noticeably lower league, with Akieme and Puig comfortably better players undeserving of their current league status(although Puig has stated he doesn't want to go out on loan now, so must like being a big fish in a small pond)

Next year, off to Bucharest for a game!

• @Moukoko Might I suggest to take in a game at FC Liefering. They have one hell of a youth set up there.

• @Moukoko

Excellent feedback, thanks for sharing.

I took a flier on Akieme a while back before he moved to Barca, based mainly on him being cheap for his age but backed up with some youtube highlights. Great to hear he's doing well - I'm hoping/assuming that's why his price has jumped up rather than a pump and dump.

Not so great to hear about Abel Ruiz though as I have as much invested in him as I do Akieme!

• @Domitius wow, thought I had got on early!

No pump and dump, although I think I'd cash out if he ever reached close to Puig's current value (which I couldn't see happening). This is the same person after all who thought TAA wouldn't go over 2.20 so sold up 😭😭😭

Could have just been 1 bad game for ruiz, but couldn't work out if he seemed off the pace(fatigued maybe?) or disinterested.

• @Moukoko Your scouting work has inspired me. I'm going to Bromley vs Stockport tonight. I'll let everyone know if I find a future diamond...

• @Ben_pz you'll need to go to Rushden for that

• @MoukokoGood stuff and he's up to 31p!
    Did Inaki Pena play in goal? He's not on FI and probably not worth it even if he were, but I remember reading great things about him a year or two back and was wondering how he's been progressing.

• @dean73 apparently so. 2 good saves at the end but not a lot to do really so tough to know

• @Moukoko only a friendly, but Akieme came on in the 2nd half for his Barcelona debut and bagged himself an assist.

After halving my portfolio, he's now my largest hold. Barcelona currently light on left backs so a small chance of some minutes in the next couple of games