It's a stitch up....I'm sure

• A couple of questions....
    (1) Has anyone EVER managed to purchase an IPO player at the price that is quoted? Has anyone even bought a popular player for within 20p of his supposed IPO release price?
    (2) Can anyone explain this to me please - https://twitter.com/dannygreenfield/status/970682518239416320
    (3) If you want to see past someone's password at their portfolio on an iphone all you have to do is scroll down on the login page with 2 fingers from the top of the screen and the voice activated control starts reading through the portfolio balances and players etc, this is a major security fault and just an illustration i think of how more profit needs to be spent on upgrading the platforms. The game has grown beyond to a greater size than that which was first assumed. Time to divert some of the profits back into the game, let's not get greedy hey!
    These IPO releases.....just really feels like the average punter is getting stitched up.

• I completely agree with you but there's not much we can do. I'm pretty sure it's bots snapping up IPOs as soon as they are listed, and I think FI know there's a problem, but I get the impression that they don't acknowledge any issues until they've already figured out how to solve them (see also the radio silence on the Sweden launch). The best "solution" I've come up with is just not to waste my time trying to get on IPOs at a decent price. It's frustrating but there's always opportunities elsewhere.

• I managed to get Ethan Ampadu at his advertised price of 0.30. This is the only one though and I've went for a fair few more. The rest I used to be able to get at a decent price on the way up but after what happened to me with Umaru Embalo I will not be touching the IPOs again. I'm convinced there is something fishy going on as he went from 0.60 to a high of 1.19 in like 5 seconds. I got in at 1.15 and there was a slow and agonizing decline to his current price of just above 0.70. I'm pretty convinced bot buying is a thing, especially with these high profile young talents that people think there'll be a crazy amount of interest in. I think they get a large amount and put them straight in the sell queue and kill the market. Usually they rise steadily throughout the day but apart from those first few seconds no one was buying Embalo. It's not worth getting involved for me.

• @BL__FI said in It's a stitch up....I'm sure:

I completely agree with you but there's not much we can do. I'm pretty sure it's bots snapping up IPOs as soon as they are listed, and I think FI know there's a problem, but I get the impression that they don't acknowledge any issues until they've already figured out how to solve them (see also the radio silence on the Sweden launch). The best "solution" I've come up with is just not to waste my time trying to get on IPOs at a decent price. It's frustrating but there's always opportunities elsewhere.

I think random times of IPO between 6pm and 6am so people are home from work is the way the same amount of shares would be bought kept or flipped however it puts them in a family home for people with 9 till 5 jobs FI grass roots investors
    Bots need to be set to a time to buy so can’t ever rule out conspiracy theory’s till at least these a fair method in play

• @Chicken-Badge no stitch up lads, just need a good strategy! I’ve got them at decent prices numerous times! Missed out today but into the next!

• @R9Kennard

I’m not complaining I take the good with the bad and making a profit and enjoying platform just think could be a better way

• @R9Kennard Have you got any high-demand players in the last few weeks within say 20p of launch price, out of interest? If so, were you just refreshing constantly, not refreshing but retyping the name, or what was the technique?

• @Chicken-Badge I agree could be done differently but FI are making good money this way! Can’t see them changing it for that exact reason. Money to made for all if you have good strategies!

• 100 shares per account per hour per future..... Problem solved everyone gets a chance

• @R9Kennard said in It's a stitch up....I'm sure:

@Chicken-Badge I agree could be done differently but FI are making good money this way! Can’t see them changing it for that exact reason. Money to made for all if you have good strategies!

It’s natural food chain. I bet there’s some right clobberings of newbies especially ones who bought Sanchez when he was within 5p of kane or the the lemmings who listened to the guy on twitter telling his lemmings to buy Zlatan at Over £4!!! If you follow your own judgement with ipos and not jump on too late your safer for sure

• Can you expand on point (3), I don't get what you mean

• @Simon-j Don't necessarily agree with your numbers but think the sentiment behind this is a great idea! Think even 100 / account / 30 seconds would be fine as this would stop the bots but still allow humans to load up fairly quickly

• @Blue-Python ah it was just a whim it needs refining numbers wise but would work I think

• @Simon-j There is a possibility that there aren't any bots. Over 100k traders now (obviously not all active) and we can likely assume the 1p rise per 100 shares bought rule.
    A typical occurrence is IPO listed at 50p but is £1 before anyone can blink. It only takes 50 transactions to generate this rise...
    I think people (including me!) like to think there must be bots when the reality is there are just other traders quicker off the mark than themselves.

• @Blue-Python ah am sure it's people he didn't appear on my feed till 10.04 and I was constantly refreshing they just got there first 😁😤.... I seem to be having issues with my phone am getting horrible lag on this forum... Just sometime when typing anyone else? Maybe it's me phone

• @Blue-Python Maybe you're right and I'm just making excuses for my failures. I just find it weird that for all the grandstanding there is that goes on among the FI Twitter community, I never see anyone with a screenshot of an in-demand IPO that they got at about launch price. They're more likely to be proud they even managed to get them below 90p or so.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.