Dennis

• Ok, about 7 or 8 weeks ago I was talking to a mate about an idea for an out there strategy. Buy everyone with the first name Dennis or Denis. This would include Geiger, zakaria, Suarez, bouanga and a few more, think there are about 15 or so I total. Now I know that a lot of the rises have happened post dividend announcement but there were still a number of players with growth pre announcement......I'm gutted i didn't follow through as i think i would've been quid in (cant say for sure as i cant find the sheet of paper with names and prices)

But the main point of this thread was to ask this, has anyone else come up with any wacky out there strategies?

• @Ddr

Aye, I did the same thing a few years back ...

Put all my money into players with the first name Lionel.

It's worked out pretty well so far.

Just waiting for Mr Lionel Carole to increase, and I'll retire a happy man.

Joking aside. Your idea is probably the daftest idea I've heard in the history of the index ... 🤣🤔🤷‍♂️

• @johnboywalker I know, my mate laughed at me as well but like I say, when you look at the individuals it probably wasnt actually that bad an idea lol

• Saw something on twitter earlier, a guy got his wife/girlfriend to pick some players from the names that she liked the look of.
    They rose on average 30% or something since March!
    Puts all our 'gains' into perspective compared to the average random punt.