Advice Please

• @Sol 7p wont cover the commission at his current price though he needs 13p to get into profit and then market sell before a dip

• @Sol Ah. was that a sneaky dig at me mentioning I sold some Messi and got tucked up on the sell price on the other thread ?

As I was £1+ up on him I took the money, Over 30 day hold so no PB, and the MB imo would be off-charged by a dip. I do think he will hit £7, but was happy with what I had.
    Messi was 5.74 on the 20th. I may not be the only one to take some profit. each to their own.

but for the OP putting half of his port into Messi now, at what we can all agree is his post share split high is not imo the wisest thing.
    I cant be the only one thinking that or Messi would already be £7

• im big on messi and wont be selling

but i look at it in terms of levels, or steps on a ladder, he might reach £7 in the next week or two, but i dont see him blasting through it immediately, nothing goes up in a straight line too quick

TAA has had his surge, so have a few others, if KDB strings a few big games together he could find 8 to 10% increase short term, but then there are a fair few others that will do that, we just got to find them lol

• @Munchie63 said in Advice Please:

@Sol Ah. was that a sneaky dig at me mentioning I sold some Messi and got tucked up on the sell price on the other thread ?

As I was £1+ up on him I took the money, Over 30 day hold so no PB, and the MB imo would be off-charged by a dip. I do think he will hit £7, but was happy with what I had.
    Messi was 5.74 on the 20th. I may not be the only one to take some profit. each to their own.

but for the OP putting half of his port into Messi now, at what we can all agree is his post share split high is not imo the wisest thing.
    I cant be the only one thinking that or Messi would already be £7

I had no idea you had sold up. Well, each to their own and you’ve made money, so good for you.

• @Black-wolf said in Advice Please:

@Sol 7p wont cover the commission at his current price though he needs 13p to get into profit and then market sell before a dip

I realise that, but if the current trajectory keeps going towards £7+ he only needs to hold for 2 to 3 months to be in profit once more. That’s why I gave him the advice. I and many others could see the price rocketing considering the easy fixture this evening and next week also. Not to mention that on November 1st Messi will be returning dividends like nobodies business. So yes, it was easy (on this occasion) to spot the trend.

I should also say, remember even Adam Cole predicted this would happen and gave us all a great ‘tip’ when he said ‘anyone have messi in their portfolio?’ On twitter. Chips and rice...chips and rice! 😂

• @Sol messi has grown more 30% in 2weeks. We all new he would grow but i doubt few would have expected this much growth such a short space of time. Im over the moon about it as i actually couldnt have timed my increased investment better than i did and im as excited as you are about him under the recent changes. Its great if your advice can make someone money but do you want to responsible for potentially losing them large sums of money too.

• @Black-wolf we are all guilty of that from time to time on this forum. It’s great news for us holders and more importantly, it’s great for the future growth of the product. So many people when I’ve introduced them to FI always say ‘if it’s so good, why is messi around the same price as Greenwood or felix’ positives all round. Messi needs to be in the top 3 of the index to improve customer confidence. 👍🥳

• @Sol oh definitely. Dividends should drive the index and Messi is undoubtedly imo one of if not the safest hold in this regard but you have to pick your entry point carefully to avoid a good investment turning bad. But it all comes doen to everyones own personal circumstances and the levels of risk they are willing to take

I do the same thing when people adk me about the index. I tell them to research it as much as they can but if they want get straight in an try it i tell them buy a few messi and observe how the index works but i most definitely wouldnt offer that advice on a Barca match day against easy opposition after 2pm.

• There is no doubt Messi is a great hold for the next 4-6 months. But, like last season, he almost certainly will face a big drop later in the season - probably at the point Barca exit the CL.
    As @Black-wolf says timing will be everything with him but there will be plenty of traders that wont want to leave cash tied up in him over the summer months with the Euros on.

• @Incolrabaaz just to warn you mate, 2 weeks ago that Sol guy was posting on Pogba threads telling people to top up on him, and now he's selling him. He may have got this Messi call right but there's every chance his next one will be wrong, as will anybody else's. My best advice is keep your portfolio diverse and don't listen to everything, everyone says on here. If you keep an eye on here regularly I think you'll be able to pick up quite quickly who posts the most reliable info

• @ChazFI123 said in Advice Please:

@Incolrabaaz just to warn you mate, 2 weeks ago that Sol guy was posting on Pogba threads telling people to top up on him, and now he's selling him. He may have got this Messi call right but there's every chance his next one will be wrong, as will anybody else's. My best advice is keep your portfolio diverse and don't listen to everything, everyone says on here. If you keep an eye on here regularly I think you'll be able to pick up quite quickly who posts the most reliable info

Precisely the reason I’ve completely stayed away from the recent few weeks of pogba threads. I didn’t want to influence the buying anymore. Could have easily kept saying ‘buy him’, but I left people to their own thoughts. Pogba is far too volatile for my money. Messi and Neymar are the best holds on here for the next 3 months and that is my opinion.

• @Sol not having a go or anything, just trying to give that guy a bigger picture. I remember when I first joined, if I saw someone say something about a player and then they went up sharply, I'd think whatever that person would say is gold dust. Whereas in some cases it could've been the first time they've predicted a rise correctly.

• @ChazFI123 fair enough, but when I gave the advice, Messi was £6.20 - he is now (as of 10.25am today) £6.75. That’s +55p increase in under 24hrs. After November 1st he will be £7+. If he holds for 3 months he will at least break even if he heeded my advice and sold most of his portfolio. Hindsight is always 20/20, but yesterday’s Messi ‘rocket’ was easily predicted.

• @Sol I don't think you're really grasping the point I've tried to highlight to @Incolrabaaz, I'm not saying Messi is not a good call, you don't need to justify it to me.

• @ChazFI123 ok ✌️

• Thanks to all for replays and ideas. Very helpful!👍

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.