Brewster Starts

• starting XI v #Arsenal: Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Van den Berg, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Elliott, Origi, Brewster

Subs: Adrian, Koumetio, Larouci, Chirivella, Jones, Kane, Clarkson

• Wow, that's a young ish starting 11 and then you look at the bench expecting some experience in case they're needed and nope, all youth, this could be an interesting game, if the young players perform and defeat arsenal then could there be pressure on Emery out? Plus the flip side for liverpool would be the youngsters then push for league game time.....

Or it could go completely the other way and our youth get smashed lol

• @Ddr
    It's deffo not a game worth risking injuries. Yes I know it's a trophy but I agree with klopp here. Wise decision, nothing to lose

• @ScouseSte completely agree, wasnt criticising really, cos I cant actually see a big downside to what hes done. They win, fantastic, another game for him to use them, plus like i said they then push for more game time. They lose, ok not great but so what, gotta look at the bigger picture of the overall season and the ultimate goal of winning the league as a priority in this situation as well

• Bet you holders got a bit excited then, not gonna lie I thought he had scored

• I've decided I don't care who wins, this has been a cracking game to watch

• First time I’ve ever watched Brewster play, and if I had to pick between these two teams strikers, I know who I’d be picking (for now anyway)

• @ChazFI123 said in Brewster Starts:

First time I’ve ever watched Brewster play, and if I had to pick between these two teams strikers, I know who I’d be picking (for now anyway)

Brewster needs a season on loan. He's just not ready yet.

• @Ddr said in Brewster Starts:

I've decided I don't care who wins, this has been a cracking game to watch

Massively entertaining. I've been laughing after every goal from both sides. Some great strikes

• @ScouseSte said in Brewster Starts:

@ChazFI123 said in Brewster Starts:

First time I’ve ever watched Brewster play, and if I had to pick between these two teams strikers, I know who I’d be picking (for now anyway)

Brewster needs a season on loan. He's just not ready yet.

I agree.

5 goals & he wasn't involved in any - scoring or assisting. All he did in the 90 mins was to get booked.

• He has a quarter final to play in now which wasn’t likely at one point.

• @NewUser275766 for his price it might be better if he doesn’t play 😂

• @ChazFI123 yeah true. I don’t think he done too bad tonight. But stats are the name of the game. No goals or assists in 5.

• £800 down on him 😭

• I gave up and sold him. Can see him being £2.00 by Christmas at this rate

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in Brewster Starts:

I gave up and sold him. Can see him being £2.00 by Christmas at this rate

I think that was a wise move - besides the fact he clearly isn't ready for regular first-team selection, it's possible that Liverpool are going to forfeit their place in one of the only two competitions Brewster could feature in.

These youth players are one of the biggest gambles on here. I lumped onto Bobby Duncan last year thinking he'd be the next big thing, Gerrards cousin and all that. I watched a few games he played in on lfc TV and I saw so many better youth players alongside him. So I got out at 100% profit and a couple of months later he was off to Fiorentina. Lucky escape for me (although he has held his value surprisingly).

I see Brewster the same as Harry Wilson - the talent is there but putting that into practice against men rather than boys is a different animal - a loan move for Brewster to a championship side (like Wilson and Mason Mount for Chelsea did) would be the best thing for the player AND the club.
    I hope he goes on loan at Christmas, that would also help his share price for holders I suspect 👍.
    I don't see it happening though after Klopp declared he was in his plans for this season

• @ScouseSte I've always said to myself that if Brewster drops below £2.50, I'd jump on. But thinking about it, I'd probably much rather put my money in to someone like Malen who's playing European football, probably going to the Euro's and will probably get a move within the next 18 months and in reality Brewster still won't be getting regular football at Liverpool in that time. I think the English youngsters are making someone like him look a lot better value

• @ChazFI123 struggling to see the ceiling and bottom for players currently, especially with the new dividend structure just coming in tomorrow.

A lot of players increased much more than I expected and a lot of youngsters are still dropping. The value is long term there for youngsters, but is it really worth having the money tied up for the time being?

• @Antierror I know, I'm currently really glad I moved all my money out of my youngsters about 2 weeks ago. They really are getting left behind, and their prices are getting corrected after the ridiculous rises over summer and the start of the season (which should be the case IMO)

• Most of these kids are a couple of years away from dominating in their own position.
    You have to be playing in a team now especially with these div increases.
    The prices of these kids are making old players look like very good value in the short term at least.