Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?

• Hey Guys

Let's hear your opinion on this topic....

1st is currently Kane and 20th is currently Rashford but what players between these two would you consider a bad investment?

In my view i feel Sanchez stands out as a bad investment at the moment?

Cheers

AndyP

• Milner... Even with all his assists. Just ask who scored.com

• @John-Renwick Top 20 was what i meant, not Top 200, is that why you put Milner?

• For me, the riskiest on there is actually Salah.

He's in absolutely phenomenal form, but at £6 the price bubble doesnt seem justified or sustainable long-term. If I owned any I'd be realising profit sooner rather than later.

In a combination of Liverpool exiting the CL, Egypt exiting the WC, and slightly less sparking form early next season, he's on the way back down to £3 or £4.

• @playingcards1 said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

For me, the riskiest on there is actually Salah.

He's in absolutely phenomenal form, but at £6 the price bubble doesnt seem justified or sustainable long-term. If I owned any I'd be realising profit sooner rather than later.

In a combination of Liverpool exiting the CL, Egypt exiting the WC, and slightly less sparking form early next season, he's on the way back down to £3 or £4.

Maybe if spurs Liverpool city Chelsea Man U go out CL we will see a flip on players that are still in it... I think many have removed money from Chelsea players already has there playing Barca .. hazards proped up by fact he’s World Cup with Belgium a more safe haven team than Egypt 🤭

Long live the Egyptian king 👑 or at least till he falls off his thrown

• @Chicken-Badge I think a lot of the Hazard money is in anticipation of a big transfer saga dragging on for months, and lots of media buzz. He's a risk too, but Salah looks much more vulnerable to a dip in form.

• @Chicken-Badge To be honest every player is a risk !!....they can all get injured at any time and their price will drop dramatically.

• @AndyP32 said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

@Chicken-Badge To be honest every player is a risk !!....they can all get injured at any time and their price will drop dramatically.

I remember John Stones injury he dropped 29p 10p mopped up in a few hours rest over the next month... the saying goes the bigger they are the harder they fall.. hence I’ve not more than 300 units in anyone and no more than 10 in £5 plus players

• Andy I’ll give you the three I personally wouldn’t invest in and my reasons how ever I do hold my number 3 with 10 units no rules about un-plugging your own players

1... Sanchez no World Cup not setting world alight either

2.... Neymar idea of bet is it’s on a future performance of a player and we don’t know if the performance will be before next season or sooner, and too much uncertaincy against price and stagnant money

3... Alli no transfer gossip could be dropped tomorrow in favour of son/coco/Lucas and does too many silly things to win PB and his articles in paper too negative to win media and a top 20 player without media or performance value can’t sky rocket? Saying that he probably will do now lol 😂

• Personally I would avoid everyone in the top 20 up until last week. They are all too expensive with limited guarantees and fairly high risk.

I broke that last week after buying neymar following his crash after injury. May be it will be worth getting rid of him and maybe hes best avoiding at the moment but I've taken the plunge and I'm not selling. He's the number one BRAND name in world football these days and i don't believe it is worth the massive loss you make in the spread.

Back to the original question and i think they are all high risk. All the higher priced players I've bought so far have lost me more money than they've made me. All my biggest wins have been buying high numbers of low priced players who I've sold for quite high profits.

• Sanshez.

• @Chicken-Badge said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

Andy I’ll give you the three I personally wouldn’t invest in and my reasons how ever I do hold my number 3 with 10 units no rules about un-plugging your own players

1... Sanchez no World Cup not setting world alight either

2.... Neymar idea of bet is it’s on a future performance of a player and we don’t know if the performance will be before next season or sooner, and too much uncertaincy against price and stagnant money

3... Alli no transfer gossip could be dropped tomorrow in favour of son/coco/Lucas and does too many silly things to win PB and his articles in paper too negative to win media and a top 20 player without media or performance value can’t sky rocket? Saying that he probably will do now lol 😂

Re Naymar .....

You are right its about future performance but performance on the index not on the pitch. His real value is from media and most of his media wins haven't been directly related to him playing in a particular game. I'm not sure what's the best move with him although the two week triple media period is obviously advantageous to him. An injury to a premier league player would be far more damaging to their value as a Liverpool player scoring a winner in a big premier league game maybe wins them the buzz so you don't want them on the injury table.

Agreed on Sanshez.

Alli is a tough one - in principle I agree but you may well see people bring him in for the world cup which would see a price rise. I'm not buying but could see some attraction.

• @mike778

I think Sanchez is a popular agreement however there’s people on huge drops who won’t sell and the ones who got in cheap already have so it’s holding it up some what.

Dele yes a tricky one but he just don’t hold £4 of value like when he was scoring last season

For you personally being a media Neymar fan it’s can you sell buy back cheaper without loseing much buzz. Surely?

• Sanchez - mourinho style does not suit him at all.
    Dybala - not seen enough from him to prove he is a solid FI player not just a good player
    Messi - cannot justify price based on current dividends
    Rashford - dying under mourinho
    Bale- no idea why in top 20

• @AndyP32 Rashford, Fekir and Sanchez for me. As soon as Man U are out of Europe then Sanchez dies for the summer. Fekir will not play at the world cup I don't think so he's relying on Lyons European exploits. And Rashford will struggle for any kind of form for Mourinho.
    I think Bale price will go up though, he's gonna have transfer speculation over the summer so depending on when it is he could easily rise up to £5. Especially if it's to Manchester.

• I'm guna be bold and say Rashford will be England's star man at the world cup. He's fearless and totally wasted under mourinho. If he was playing as an out and out striker on a regular basis i think he'd be £7 easily.

• @John-Renwick said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

@AndyP32 Rashford, Fekir and Sanchez for me. As soon as Man U are out of Europe then Sanchez dies for the summer. Fekir will not play at the world cup I don't think so he's relying on Lyons European exploits. And Rashford will struggle for any kind of form for Mourinho.
    I think Bale price will go up though, he's gonna have transfer speculation over the summer so depending on when it is he could easily rise up to £5. Especially if it's to Manchester.

I think fakir has allot of majority share holders out of the big twitter account traders the big names on FI ?
    I always see references to such?

• @Chicken-Badge Fekir has strong transfer links to the Prem which should prop up his price over the summer even though he's mainly a PB hold.

• @Chicken-Badge said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

@mike778

I think Sanchez is a popular agreement however there’s people on huge drops who won’t sell and the ones who got in cheap already have so it’s holding it up some what.

Dele yes a tricky one but he just don’t hold £4 of value like when he was scoring last season

For you personally being a media Neymar fan it’s can you sell buy back cheaper without loseing much buzz. Surely?

Really dont know what is for the best with naymar ... if he stays competing for buzz wins there is no real reason for him to drop.

The two week triple media is a strong incentive to hold for me, if it wasnt for that I would probably sell.

Naymar isnt a massive part of my portfolio anyway as I deal in percentages (no player can be more than 10 percent of my budget and most are 5 percent) so have less than him than other players I bought for cheaper.

• @Stevo said in Players on the Index NOT to invest in within the Top 20?:

I'm guna be bold and say Rashford will be England's star man at the world cup. He's fearless and totally wasted under mourinho. If he was playing as an out and out striker on a regular basis i think he'd be £7 easily.

Agreed.

But if my girlfriend bought me a ferrari then I would have a fast car.

Neither of these are likely to happen in the immediate future and I hold rashford.