Selling Stategy.

• Good morning all. Just wondered about people's selling strategies. Fairly new on here and knocking on a bit, so the old grey matter doesn't work as well. Do people buy at a certain price, wait for that price to move up a certain percentage or a certain sum of money and then sell? Can't get my head around the dividend system. Am I right in saying that when you buy a player, you only get dividends for goals etc for the first 30 days? Therefore unless their price keeps moving up, or they win media or best player, they bring little return. So is it best to continually buy and sell players after 30 days, or, as in the case of young players, hold on hoping for big gains in their capital price? Thanks for any advice.

• It depends on your notion of "bring little return". I have a low 5 figure port made up of 85% of the big dividend earners. Regardless of any capital app, I fully expect an overall return over 12 months of a minimum 20% in dividends. I'm more than happy with that, as barring one of my players dying I think it is as near to certain as can be that I'll make money.

You could go for younger, cheaper players and hope their price moves up, but that is far more of a gamble in my eyes as the chances they win dividends are so small. It's all about risk v reward.

• @NewUser449629 IPD’s are only 30days but PB and MB will earn you dividends for the maximum term of your hold which is 3 years I believe. Check out the dividend table which changes tomorrow the new increased structure.

Welcome to the index and if you could please change your username from the generic new user to something more unique you will get better feed back and be more recognisable 👍

• @NewUser449629 as you go along you will get a feel for different types of trades. Like many forum regulars I'm primarily concerned with long term holds for reliable dividends. These players I'm unlikely to sell unless their share price became absolutely ridiculously high. I've got players that I'm £2.50 into the green on and still have no intention of selling.

Other trades are for cap app. But I'm the type who doesnt hold long term for cap app unless it's a young player I feel can go all the way so my cap app holds are generally short term and i hope to buy in at exactly the right time and get out with anything worthwhile, concerning myself with getting in and out quickly with decent profit rather than aiming for maximum profit and potentially it going pear shaped.

It's only as complicated as u make it, good luck 👍

• Welcome to the knocking on club - and as others have said - change your username :-)

Look at top of screen, now to the right a bit and see that N in the grey circle, click that, then settings, then you will see change username - now you have been told how to suck eggs, the nitty gritty.

I found out that I had a strategy when I started out, and have changed ooooooooooo so often after reading what most of the mad heads on here spout out.

But here is the thing, you will soon realise there are 10 to 15 madheads that are great - private message a few you like the look of over time and they are so helpful.

Twitter is another good place to hang out - full of dick swingers, and 99.9% of them post pictures of players 'they got right' here you get worts and all - this community in my opinion is mint.

What I have learnt over the last 10 months (and I am still new and learning) have a sales plan before you buy, and only buy if your prepared to lose 100% of that money.

Never worry about what the player 'might' do or 'does' do after your sale - if your plan was to make 15% on a player, make sure you sell at 17% to cover the 2% sales commission.

Then move on to the next plan, again, have the sale plan.

Remember, the bet is for 3 years - so take this into consideration.

Don't be afraid to ask any question, none are daft (apart from most of mine).

And please, please, please buy 1,000 Koen Casteels i'm 22.22% down on him and need to be out (FANKS)

• Never really understood how people can have a catch all selling strategy. Every single player is different and there’s a multitude of factors which determines what a players price is and whether that player is gonna increase or decrease in the future. I don’t know if anyone else will agree with this but I’ve always thought the best way to maximise profit is to treat every player as the individual they are and judge all sales independently.

• @Neilburnleyfan said in Selling Stategy.:

Good morning all. Just wondered about people's selling strategies. Fairly new on here and knocking on a bit, so the old grey matter doesn't work as well. Do people buy at a certain price, wait for that price to move up a certain percentage or a certain sum of money and then sell? Can't get my head around the dividend system. Am I right in saying that when you buy a player, you only get dividends for goals etc for the first 30 days? Therefore unless their price keeps moving up, or they win media or best player, they bring little return. So is it best to continually buy and sell players after 30 days, or, as in the case of young players, hold on hoping for big gains in their capital price? Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the platform, trader! The best thing you can do now is to read this thread. It tells you most things you need to know: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/5771/football-index-forum-master-thread

• @Neilburnleyfan hello Neil the Burnley fan!!