Profit calculating

• Just wondering, how some of the more experienced holders calculate roughly what their actual profit is if they were to sell off - at the mo I’m taking off about 5% off the port value In cash out costs (to include the 2% commission and any instant sells that might be needed mixed in with market sells) but not really sure if that’s realistic?

• It probably depends a bit on the mix of your port.
    But if you look at the average spread, lets say 5%, and then apply a % to that reflecting IS:MarketSell ratio you think you could apply in a whole port sell scenario..
    ...then add 2%
    ....you end up with a cost of sale number

Makes sense in my hollow head anyway

• @TotalPunt said in Profit calculating:

It probably depends a bit on the mix of your port.
    But if you look at the average spread, lets say 5%, and then apply a % to that reflecting IS:MarketSell ratio you think you could apply in a whole port sell scenario..
    ...then add 2%
    ....you end up with a cost of sale number

Makes sense in my hollow head anyway

Sorry, just re-read your first sentence. Await some better advice 😆

• Add a field to your portfolio spreadsheet for IS/M. Have a sumif set up for each scenario and sum total, then divide that by your balance plus net deposits

• If anyone wants to use this spreadsheet with the amendment, knock yourself out

https://en-gb.padlet.com/Moukoko/c8edz5npkk2d

First Tab, fill in your portfolio details in the fields highlighted yellow, and you can put per line whether it's IS or MS. Keep field blank if you want to keep

On the second tab, again just the yellow to fill in for financials and as long as you have filled in which players to IS and which to MS, will give ROI

Amateur at excel, so if anyone can see any errors let me know

• @Moukoko few errors - will update in around an hour

• @Moukoko Updated now. Had added a few fields and not factored them in on original.