Why I think Virgil Van Djik will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.

• Before I get into the points below this isn’t a thread suggesting people buy Virgil Van Djik at this moment or indeed dump Trent for him, they’re both great holds! With that said after considering several factors it’s my belief that in the 2019/20 season Virgil Van Djik is going to return more dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold. (From now on referred to as ‘VVD’ & ‘TAA’)

Let me explain…... Below is a look at the PB average of both since the new PB matrix was introduced.

Last 3 month PB average: VVD = 147 / TAA = 166
    Last 1 month PB average: VVD = 154 / TAA = 180

As you can see ‘TAA’ is on average scoring higher, not only that, he seems to be improving as the season goes on. ‘TAA’ has also posted some extremely high game week scores which has certainly caught the eye and quite rightly seen his price fly. Worth noting that both averages are extremely impressive when you consider that Liverpool have barley kept any clean sheets either! There is however one factor which has yet to really show itself in the season PB wise between the two, and that factor is goals.

‘VVD’ is a significant goal threat and each goal scored registers a score of 45, add another 35 if it’s a game winning goal. Looking at last season’s data ‘VVD’ carries a much higher goal threat.

2018/19 Season (premiership/Champions League/PB eligible internationals)

VVD = 8
    TAA = 1

When ‘VVD’ scores this season he is most likely going to outscore ‘TAA’, almost certainly so if it’s a GWG. You couple that with his high PB average, and he’s also got a fantastic chance at taking home the win for the game day. If you believe VVD can match his goal output from last season, then there is a lot of value at his current price to be had.

PB alone however won’t see ‘VVD’ take home more dividends the ‘TAA’ overall, the other factor here is ‘MB’. While ‘MB’ has been diluted in many eyes it’s still there every day of the year and I’d say with confidence ‘VVD’ is going to pick up 5 or so wins this season, anywhere between 15p to 20p.For whatever reason ‘TAA’ seems to be absolutely non-existent in terms of ‘MB’ presence, that might change but right now he’s a ‘PB’ only hold.

Be interesting to see how it plays out PB wise when ‘VVD’ scores a goal, I’ve got my view on it as per the above but totally welcome debate on if people see it differently

• Virgil Van Dyke loves the company of women

• @ChazFI123 Haha, shame I can't correct the thread title!

• @DW changed my original post, just incase I offend anyone!

• @ChazFI123 said in Why I think Virgil Van Dyke will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.:

@DW changed my original post, just incase I offend anyone!

This mistake has some what detracted from your well made point. I own both so happy for them to fight it out (metaphorically)

• Interesting post. As a counter I would point out that TAA has already won top defender twice this season on a treble/gold game day without a goal or assist. Going forward those will be worth 8p a pop. In the first game he did it against Newcastle Robertson got an assist and TAA still outscored him by 16 points (also 39 ahead of VVD). VVD is reliant on a goal to win divs, TAA has already proved he doesn't need this.

As an aside if VVD does get a goal then it is very likely to be from a set piece, which in turn was likely to be taken by TAA. If he gets 20 for the assist, 6 for the key pass and presumably another 7 or 8 for the accurate cross then that will eat into the extra points VVD gets for the goal.

From a PB point of view I think VVD is too expensive, he will probably win some this season but is likely to be a nearly man quite often whereas with the points available for crossing TAA is likely to get over the line more regularly.

I take your point regarding MB, VVD is likely to pick some up especially around the Balon D'Or, however I don't think he will be in the news as much this season. Things tend to move on, last season was his first full season at Liverpool and the difference he made was staggering, this season it's slightly old news. He's had a couple of wins but I don't know how many I'd bank on.

Of course VVD is half the price so only needs to win half the dividends, I did hold but got shot of him early on in the season while I still have TAA and I'm pretty pleased with that.

• @Joev

Spot on.

If Virgil scores, it will likely come from a set piece that was taken by TAA, which results in an assist bonus for the latter.

The increase in points for crossing (successful or otherwise) has resulted in full backs now having an unfair advantage over centre halfs.

If Virgil gets a clean sheet, so does Trent.

In football terms, Virgil is the better player, but from a football index perspective, Trent is head and shoulders above.

• 🙄🙄🙄 glad I have TAA rather than VVD

• @DW said in Why I think Virgil Van Dyke will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.:

Before I get into the points below this isn’t a thread suggesting people buy Virgil Van Djik at this moment or indeed dump Trent for him, they’re both great holds! With that said after considering several factors it’s my belief that in the 2019/20 season Virgil Van Djik is going to return more dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold. (From now on referred to as ‘VVD’ & ‘TAA’)

Let me explain…... Below is a look at the PB average of both since the new PB matrix was introduced.

Last 3 month PB average: VVD = 147 / TAA = 166
    Last 1 month PB average: VVD = 154 / TAA = 180

As you can see ‘TAA’ is on average scoring higher, not only that, he seems to be improving as the season goes on. ‘TAA’ has also posted some extremely high game week scores which has certainly caught the eye and quite rightly seen his price fly. Worth noting that both averages are extremely impressive when you consider that Liverpool have barley kept any clean sheets either! There is however one factor which has yet to really show itself in the season PB wise between the two, and that factor is goals.

‘VVD’ is a significant goal threat and each goal scored registers a score of 45, add another 35 if it’s a game winning goal. Looking at last season’s data ‘VVD’ carries a much higher goal threat.

2018/19 Season (premiership/Champions League/PB eligible internationals)

VVD = 8
    TAA = 1

When ‘VVD’ scores this season he is most likely going to outscore ‘TAA’, almost certainly so if it’s a GWG. You couple that with his high PB average, and he’s also got a fantastic chance at taking home the win for the game day. If you believe VVD can match his goal output from last season, then there is a lot of value at his current price to be had.

PB alone however won’t see ‘VVD’ take home more dividends the ‘TAA’ overall, the other factor here is ‘MB’. While ‘MB’ has been diluted in many eyes it’s still there every day of the year and I’d say with confidence ‘VVD’ is going to pick up 5 or so wins this season, anywhere between 15p to 20p.For whatever reason ‘TAA’ seems to be absolutely non-existent in terms of ‘MB’ presence, that might change but right now he’s a ‘PB’ only hold.

Be interesting to see how it plays out PB wise when ‘VVD’ scores a goal, I’ve got my view on it as per the above but totally welcome debate on if people see it differently

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

• Trent might overtake pogba soon.
    Not even mystic meg would have predicted this

• @R2d2 new FI mantra 'never sell a trent'

• Trent currently on for another top defender without a clean sheet or a goal. Assist pushes him past Walker who also got an assist as well as another 80 points for the game winning goal. Even if VVD had got the game winning goal and TAA didn't get the assist for it then TAA would still be about 50 clear.

Assuming Klopp stays the only thing I can see standing in Alexander-Arnold's way from an FI perspective is an adjustment to the matrix that lessens his crossing points but I can't see FI doing that mid season.

I wish I'd bought more of him when I did, but alas I was buying smaller quantities back then.

• Worst part for me is that i bought and held 500 TAA just last month at just under £3 but as his value went through the roof i sold half so that the remaining shares were effectively paid for he then kept climbing so i feared a drop and sold more so i now only have 100. The plus side is that he owes me nothing and even if his orice were to drop to 0 im still in profit but it seems i acted very prematurely on this one

• @Black-wolf said in Why I think Virgil Van Dyke will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.:

Worst part for me is that i bought and held 500 TAA just last month at just under £3 but as his value went through the roof i sold half so that the remaining shares were effectively paid for he then kept climbing so i feared a drop and sold more so i now only have 100. The plus side is that he owes me nothing and even if his orice were to drop to 0 im still in profit but it seems i acted very prematurely on this one

Mad as this may sound, I still see LOTS of value in players like TAA.
    Consistency is key to price growth and the likes of TAA, Kroos, Messi, KDB etc are all going to be on with a shout of winning these very lucrative divs. £10 won't even be all that expensive if they are winning PB and STAR man every few weeks.
    It's one hell of a high interest account holding these type of players now!

• @Black-wolf I have held as many as 400 but currently only 210. At all times I have a divs player who gets every penny of divs I earn and it's always a hold that I build from scratch but I may have to start putting TAA divs straight back into TAA.

@ScouseSte Providing he holds on tonight, I think 1 more win before xmas and he honestly could be top 2 on the index

• @ScouseSte you just listed 4 of the 5 players i went for 500 of each on 31 days ago and its went very very well. People talk of ceiling prices but you cant really put a limit on a player that returns regular dividends like you say because eventually everyone will want a slice

• @Black-wolf said in Why I think Virgil Van Dyke will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.:

@ScouseSte you just listed 4 of the 5 players i went for 500 of each on 31 days ago and its went very very well. People talk of ceiling prices but you cant really put a limit on a player that returns regular dividends like you say because eventually everyone will want a slice

One of my absolute pet hates on here is people saying "he's close to his ceiling" as if they have some authority or control over it. Absolute bullshit statement.
    Grinds my gears!! 😂😂

• @ScouseSte i know ive had this discussion a few times and imo the only ceiling we can gauge price on here is called Neymar and he wont always be the one that sets the standard

• @Black-wolf Amen to that brother! 😂

• @MickTurbo said in Why I think Virgil Van Dyke will take home more Dividends then Trent Alexander Arnold this season.:

@Black-wolf I have held as many as 400 but currently only 210. At all times I have a divs player who gets every penny of divs I earn and it's always a hold that I build from scratch but I may have to start putting TAA divs straight back into TAA.

@ScouseSte Providing he holds on tonight, I think 1 more win before xmas and he honestly could be top 2 on the index

The frightening thing is, the media hasn't quite latched on to him yet.
    If Liverpool continue in this rich vein of form over the next few seasons, and if the PB matrix doesn't change, and if Trent is closer to getting the captaincy, and if he is allowed more of an attacking role for England... he could really become something special.

A lot of "ifs" there but all quite possible.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.