Malen - Foreign Release Clause

• Hi all,

Bit of a weird one but I am playing the new Football Manager Beta and it says that Malen has a low £13,250,000 foreign club release clause. Has anyone heard about this and will it play a factor come January?

• Not heard of that before. But i think he’ll move next Summer, when one of the big European clubs wants a new forward.

• FM does tend to be quite accurate with this stuff, but 13m is surely way too low!

• @Maldini07

where can we play the beta FM?

• @Bruno-Xadas said in Malen - Foreign Release Clause:

@Maldini07

where can we play the beta FM?

You need to purchase the game, then you get access to the pre release beta ... 10% off at the minute for early birds.

I've only played a few hours, but first impressions are that it is much and such the same as before but with little variations and upgrades. I thoroughly enjoyed winning Serie A with Atalanta in the last one, and expect FM2020 to be just as much fun.

I've spent £35 quid on worse shite than this, believe me!! 🤣

• @Maldini07 said in Malen - Foreign Release Clause:

Hi all,

Bit of a weird one but I am playing the new Football Manager Beta and it says that Malen has a low £13,250,000 foreign club release clause. Has anyone heard about this and will it play a factor come January?

I admit to using Football Manager as a tool in my search for players. If it was good enough for Big Sam, then it's good enough for me!

Two things that have stood out in the first few hours of playing. Man Utd have a 'buy back' clause in the contract of Memphis Depay. 🤔 I am sure it was only around £35 million.

Also, James Rodriguez contract with Real Madrid is due to expire at the end of this season. I've had a look on the internet and there are conflicting views on whether it runs til 2020 (FM 2020, talksport) or 2021 (marca, transfermarkt).

Who knows ... but FM is normally pretty accurate. 🤔🤷‍♂️

• @johnboywalker with James it could be one of those contracts that Utd love, the contract to 2020 with the option of another year.

• @Gregolocky said in Malen - Foreign Release Clause:

@johnboywalker with James it could be one of those contracts that Utd love, the contract to 2020 with the option of another year.

From reading more into it. Apparently he signed a 6 year deal in 2014, but when he moved to Bayern on a 2 year loan, they inserted an extra year onto his contract so that he would not be returning to Madrid at the end of the loan with only 12 months remaining on his contract (which makes sense).

Who knows ... 🤣

But I'd be surprised if Madrid were willing to leave themselves in an Arsenal (Ramsey) or Spurs (Erikson) type situation.