Not Making Money

• After reading some posts on here of which people are claiming to be making lots of Dosh, is anyone in the same boat as me and not making any money after being on here for approx 6 mths!?

• Who have you bought to of not been making any money?
    Have you traded too much?

• @Incolrabaaz said in Not Making Money:

After reading some posts on here of which people are claiming to be making lots of Dosh, is anyone in the same boat as me and not making any money after being on here for approx 6 mths!?

Let us know what your portfolio looks like and the forum can give you some advice as to where you may be going wrong.

I joined 2 years ago, and admittedly it was very easy to make money back then, simply as the product grew and more people joined.

But if you ever need to know whether it is still possible to make big money here, have a look at Trent Alexander-Arnold over the past 3 months.

On 1st August 2019, he was £3.25.
    On 5th November 2019, he is £6.53.

Double your fucking money mate!! 🤑🤑🤑

• @johnboywalker But that's an exceptional example. That's like someone telling you they won the Grand National but lost on the other 6 cards on day! Only hear the good

• @Incolrabaaz im surprised to hear you are losing money as this the last few months have been very profitable with a lot of growth. I assume you hold a lot of young players? Really the safest and most profitable way to play the index is holding dividend earners because no matter which way the index is moving you will get some kind of return

• @Incolrabaaz

I can find you another 5 examples with ease.

Who have you bought, and why did you buy them?

• I've been on here a similar amount of time and up about 16%. But there have been some serious downs in that, particularly at the beginning. So i am not going to be someone that says it is a gravy train. You aren't alone. There have been several times I nearly quit cos what was objectively good footballers weren't returning. I also completely botched my Summer transfer strategy by signing players I thought would get decent moves and all of 1 did. I also made signings because I could see players that i thought were undervalued. That was a big mistake. Applying logic was a terrible idea because it didn't matter what I thought, it mattered what the market thought.

What has worked since is trying to predict what the market was going to do before it did, regardless of whether I thought the market was right. 2 months ago I could see market saturating so I sold up a number of big holds and invested in the under 20 year old market, some weren't even in PB leagues. That port absolutely flew, even if it was irrational. Next was getting on PB as soon as possible and portfolio flew again. If you want to make money, I recommend trying to work out where the market might go next, even if you don't necessarily agree with it. It could be young english and unproven, it could be non PB potential superstars. But getting in early will make you some money.

• Like all investments, I recommend you diversify! Putting nearly 40% of your investment into one player is incredibly high risk, particularly if you are new to the platform. Consider spreading your investment out into a few more players while you learn the ropes.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Cheers. Good logic. I will confess to holding Greenwood and didn't sell at right time and he fell back to break even.

• @Coleyscrooge ok cheers

• Have you been over-trading?

I ask this because you have appear to have bought Aubameyang, Gnabry & Dybala at their recent peak prices which is always risky as a drop is almost certain to follow (in the short term at least).

• @Chris-J Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by over trading?

• @Incolrabaaz what is your total invested? You dont look to be doing too bad, your dividends more than cancel out your loss plus its only a loss or profit once you sell. Also its wort noting you arent doen much at all it could easily move into profit at any time

• @Incolrabaaz

So you bought Serge Gnabry at his peak!?

1 month ago, he was £2.40, then you made the crazy decision to get onboard after a massive growth spurt (after the Spurs game) at £3.20.

If you make decisions like that on a daily basis, it is no surprise that you are struggling to make money.

Surely you must have known that his price might correct itself and dip after such a quick rise. Other users will always want to secure their profits.

From looking at your previous posts, you said that you only used to instant sell!? Well that's money pissed away right there ... 🤷‍♂️

You need three things to make money on here.

1. You need to understand the platform.
    2. You need to understand the market (other traders).
    3. You need a bit of luck.

Once you meet the above criteria. You will make money. I am confident of that.

• @johnboywalker That's what I don't quite understand when you say about Serge Gnabry. Nobody knew what price TAA would get to, so you would have probably told people not to buy at £5.00 ISH for example as he'd reached his peak!

@Chris-J Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by over trading?

Being a bit too reactive and quick to instant sell when your players are in the red and jumping late onto the latest trend.

You will find most users who are doing really well right now were buying the top PB players 4-6 weeks ago.

Even though the likes of TAA/Kimmich/Kroos are rising rapidly at the moment I’ve been buying into the tier below them (Gundogan, Chilwell, T Hazard) as they suddenly have become great value in comparison with the top and I’m confident will be the next wave of risers.

• @Chris-J ok great. Ta for advice

@johnboywalker That's what I don't quite understand when you say about Serge Gnabry. Nobody knew what price TAA would get to, so you would have probably told people not to buy at £5.00 ISH for example as he'd reached his peak!

If you don't sell your futures, and secure the profit, then you end up in the situation you were in with Greenwood, and breaking even. At one point you were +41p, but you didnt sell at the right time. Prices rise and fall.

Serge Gbabry rose because he scored a hatrick, played a blinder, and was on a decent run of form. If I had been a Gnabry holder, I would have been selling at that time and taking my profits, whilst folk like yourself are buying in at his highest price. Essentially, I am walking away with your money.

TAA is different, and has risen because he is now a player that 100% suits the new PB matrix. The points he scores from crosses alone causes him to be near the top of defender PB almost every week. That won't change anytime soon.

I don't know what to say. You can't expect to make money if you make bad decisions.

• @Incolrabaaz
    Like you I really struggled when I joined around 6 months ago with most players losing money. I’m in profit now after investing in some PB players and FI increasing the dividends.
    I read the forum most days and you can pick up some great tips and advice from the regulars. If I see a player recommended for investment I check out his stats on Index Gain then make a decision if I’m going to invest. Still making some stupid mistakes but I’m certainly learning a bit each week.