buying a tracker v selling a tracker

• When you buy a tracker you buy it as a single purchase and it drops say 100 players in to your portfolio. When you come to sell "it" do you have to sell every player individually or can you sell the 100 as a job lot and let FI do the maths behind the consolidated profit/loss on each player?

Also am i correct in assuming that if you sell 100 players individually the total commission will be more than if they were all sold in a job lot right, because FI works on the basis of whole pence right. The rounding up on 100 individual sales will increase the commission right....or not?

Thank you!

• @Bernie-Madoff said in buying a tracker v selling a tracker:

When you buy a tracker you buy it as a single purchase and it drops say 100 players in to your portfolio. When you come to sell "it" do you have to sell every player individually or can you sell the 100 as a job lot and let FI do the maths behind the consolidated profit/loss on each player?

Also am i correct in assuming that if you sell 100 players individually the total commission will be more than if they were all sold in a job lot right, because FI works on the basis of whole pence right. The rounding up on 100 individual sales will increase the commission right....or not?

Thank you!

Why on earth would anyone want to sell 100 players at once the idea of the game is the future performance on A PLAYER singular!

More into the mechanic of this. After Spurs best hundersfield at weekend since Son has been moving up... people think spurs will beat Juve and Dybala is 30p down nearer the game gets and to the game based on this two players financial positions has it stands Son may drop 30p and Dybala may score a hattrick and gain 50p if you sold the 100 players and they were both in the 100 your selling the good and bad bets together and selling all at sell spread... Financial suicide!!

The skill is timing and judgement... don’t rush at this mate keep your money in your bank and buy based on graths and knowledge and most of all have fun don’t take it too serious after about six months then with added knowledge take it more serious and you can’t go wrong just don’t be buying 100 at a time if there’s players in the 100 you don’t want (most wouldn’t want Milner for example at his price ) hope that helps

• @Chicken-Badge I am talking in theory. I'm pre programmed to be suspicious, being an accountant. I guess selling 100 shares in a player by going to "market" is a better example. You sell 100 shares but when you look at the txan history it shows you sold: 6 at one price, then 2 at another and so on....you could end up with 20-30 separate transactions just for the sale of 100 shares.....then the rounding difference applies. I know there is the instant sell alternative. I guess i had hoped that when you sell to market it would be consolidated as one transaction, but it's not. I just thought it was worth being aware of, that's all.

• @Bernie-Madoff

Selling to the market they have to pair you with a buyer! Could take 1 minute could take a year at moment I think gundergan may take a minute and josh king would take a year I’ve had 2 onamahs up a week for example and no buyers.. it’s a live market live sells if sell to market if you instant sell it has to be brokered hence larger cut. No body knows who’s first in cue of when buyer will be found of if they’ll buy 1 or 99 shares.. its a small community stock market worth millions not billions hope that helps

Great name for an accountant btw

• @Bernie-Madoff said in buying a tracker v selling a tracker:

When you buy a tracker you buy it as a single purchase and it drops say 100 players in to your portfolio. When you come to sell "it" do you have to sell every player individually or can you sell the 100 as a job lot and let FI do the maths behind the consolidated profit/loss on each player?

Thank you!

Yes, you'd have to sell every player individually.
    FI makes it easy to buy but difficult to sell (unless you use the rip off instant sell tool).

• Don't forget when you instant sell you still have the 2% commission to come off on top of the already decreased price. You may already know that but just wanted to be sure as your post about it wasn't clear. So even if u instant sell the lot, you may save a few pennies per share on the rounding of commission. But the spread will most likely mean you'll lose more than that anyway.