The pain of selling half your port

• So I want to invest in something and so i'm going to take all my winnings from FI and sell half my portfolio.

I now can't decide who to sell. Some players are obvious to keep, Neymar, Maddison, Sterling, Havertz, TAA as examples. Others i have watched come through from relative obscurity.

I suppose i could sell off tranches of each. (I have 1500 in most players)

Any advice or has anyone had to make the sad decision before?

• @Ellisandro
    I wouldn’t be getting rid of my MB/PB players at this moment in time. Get rid of the rest

• I sold unwanted players first and then 33% of each of the remaining ones. That gave me my half to withdraw overall. It also helped keep the balance of my portfolio.

• @Ellisandro in your position and with holds as big as those I think I'd reduce every hold to 1000 giving you 33% liquidation and for the rest, theres bound to be a few you hold that you wouldnt mind parting with entirely, whilst still keeping really good numbers in those players that you've mentioned

• Always the struggle when trying to liquidate some assets.

Got similar conundrum...am just gradually decreasing some of my larger holds and selling up on others. Never going to get it all right though.

• just out of interest.............what are you investing in?

• What are you investing in that has more appeal than FI right now?!

• @NewUser115892 said in The pain of selling half your port:

just out of interest.............what are you investing in?

This was my first thought. Not bothered about what you are selling, what you buying??

• @MickTurbo Especially, if you list only 500 of each, the chances of a price drop in those particular players should be minimized

• @Ellisandro

Controversial opinion, but sell them all ... secure your profits.

You have been here long enough to understand the platform. I have utmost confidence that when you decide to return and reinvest, you will be able to read the market quickly, spot the trends and thereafter resume the money making operation.

There are so many different ways to make money. Long term holds and dividend hunting is just two of the easiest.

Oh and for those asking what he is spending the money on ... I can officially announce that @Ellisandro and @Advinculas-Index have finally got together and piloted that comedy series they always dreamed about. 👬

They just can't decide on a title for the upcoming project ... so how about.

2 and a half pricks? 😉😘

• @Ellisandro said in The pain of selling half your port:

So I want to invest in something and so i'm going to take all my winnings from FI and sell half my portfolio.

I now can't decide who to sell. Some players are obvious to keep, Neymar, Maddison, Sterling, Havertz, TAA as examples. Others i have watched come through from relative obscurity.

I suppose i could sell off tranches of each. (I have 1500 in most players)

Any advice or has anyone had to make the sad decision before?

Sell off your originally investment and leave just the profits to play with. I put £1k in crypto before putting the rest here.

I hope crypto is not the "something" you want to invest in.......

• @johnboywalker or the Ferret and Ellis

• If times of an issue that IS is in play, obviously consider spreads. You are best placed othrrwise to decide which holds are better than others... All being equal or you have some attachment to them all... Do as mick says and chop a few limbs off rather than discarding the body.

• really depends on how quickly you want/need the cash (and how opposed to IS you are). Especially considering you have 1500 holds, you may just have to go with whatever there's demand for (possibly pick your spots for times of higher demand).

any clues on what the new investment will be?

• Yes, I think i’ll round all my 1500 to 1000 as suggested and then sell off a few of the players to get to the number i’m after.

As for the investment...it’s in a startup I think will be extremely popular I can’t reveal what but I will when it launches!. The best thing is that they are a registered EIS tax scheme so I get 30% of my investment back as Income Tax relief. This means my tax free gambling winnings on FI have yielded another 30%!

@johnboywalker is correct though. The ferret and I are destined for internet fame and fortune. 2 & a half pricks works. I do prefer “Colin Dagba’s trumpet utility”

• So 33% of my portfolio is being sold off today in 500 lumps. Who do you think first got sold?

• @Ellisandro mhmm not too sure, if you have revealed your port previously, but I say Icardi even though I wouldn't like it. I suppose you must have stopped supplying drugs to him.

Fair play on the startup always best to cloud in mystery "can't reveal yet, but biiiiig" 😁😜

• @Ellisandro Neymar?

• No, strangely not Neymar or Sterling (sold Icardi a while back)...it was Julian Brandt?!?!?

• @Ellisandro i would have never called that. So much midfield competition at Dortmund and i wouldnt place him particularly high in their PB ranks.