Rodrygo

• First time I've seen him play tonight and was very impressed with him. Although it was against a weak scum team it's no mean feat to score a hat-trick as an 18 yr old in a Champions League game.

I'm considering buying him but not sure whether to wait until his price settles after a massive rise or jump on now as a repeat of tonight's performance and PB score in the next few games he could be £5 or higher.

What's your thoughts please?

• @Pagey74 I would bear in mind that after this weekend we have an international break in which Rodrygo wont be playing any dividend eligible games. Unless he wins PB again on Saturday I would say a drop in price is likely over the next few weeks when people want funds to get on the next PB winner/riser.

• @Pagey74 said in Rodrygo:

First time I've seen him play tonight and was very impressed with him. Although it was against a weak scum team it's no mean feat to score a hat-trick as an 18 yr old in a Champions League game.

I'm considering buying him but not sure whether to wait until his price settles after a massive rise or jump on now as a repeat of tonight's performance and PB score in the next few games he could be £5 or higher.

What's your thoughts please?

If you predict he’s going to reach £5+ in the next month I think you’re going to be severely disappointed. He’s not gonna score a hattrick every game to win PB, that’s being unrealistic. Don’t hop on a player just because they played a blinder in one game, that’s not a good sample size to determine if they’re a good scorer or not.

• Banned

i swear in the first half he was down as a midfielder because i nearly had a clean sweep at first with kimmich and dowski topping the bill..then when the 9pm games kicked off rodrygo scored 2 quick goals i checked the chart and he was amongst the highest midfielders unless that have corrected it and was a glitch

• @Andy I'm not predicting he's going to reach £5 in the next month. I was just suggesting if he did have another blinder in the next few games then it was a possibility.

Real Madrid's next few games in the league are Eibar (A) Sociedad (H) Alaves (A) Espanyol (H) which with the exception of Sociedad they should win comfortably.

I've convinced myself. I've bought in for a long term hold.

• @janner73 Point taken. I've bought in. Long term hold obviously.

• Also bought in now for long term. Sky is the limit.

• @Rob-E
    0_1573116722076_upload-52dd94af-bc3c-4dce-8d3a-fbbe95216b41
    Yes looks like FI messed up

• @Pagey74 said in Rodrygo:

@Andy I'm not predicting he's going to reach £5 in the next month. I was just suggesting if he did have another blinder in the next few games then it was a possibility.

Real Madrid's next few games in the league are Eibar (A) Sociedad (H) Alaves (A) Espanyol (H) which with the exception of Sociedad they should win comfortably.

I've convinced myself. I've bought in for a long term hold.

You’re not predicting he’s going to reach £5? You said and I quote “in the next few games he could reach £5 or higher”.
    All I’m saying is you couldn’t have bought in at a worse time just after a massive spike from a one off game.
    If you can resist instant selling him when it becomes clear he won’t be reaching those scores every week then more power to you. If it was me my money would be better spent elsewhere for now.
    I highly suspect you’re going to feel stuck when it comes to the international break, his price might tank as he’s not involved in euros - and then people will sell him and start chasing the next Pb star man. If you were going to buy him you could’ve at least waited for his price to die down a little

• I said. If he was to continue his form in the next few matches then he could reach £5. Looking at Madrid's next 4 league games then there is no reason why he can't.

I understand what you are saying regarding the Euro's however it's a long term investment for me.

Aged 18, playing for the biggest cub side in the world I'm happy to get on now.

• @Pagey74 fair enough to you then.
    I’d be interested to find out if you even ever had the slightest consideration in buying him if he didn’t score a hattrick last night.

• @Andy I do think Rodrygo is a better player than Vinicius Jr - but it's interesting to note Vinicius peaked at £4 during his emergence last season and he's now £2.41. I hope for everyone that got FOMO yesterday that a similar path isn't followed - at least Rodrygo has actually returned dividends which is more than can be said for VJ.

• @Andy I'd heard a lot about him but had never seen him play live on TV. Although Galascum were poor I liked what I saw. Quick,skilful,and an eye for a goal.

I see he could possibly make his Brazil debut next week. Although there are never guarantees with these youngsters he must have something about him to play for Brazil & Real Madrid at such an early age.

• @Pagey74 Just like Vinicius Jr? Who's fallen from £4 to £2.40 over the last 6-8 months. As said above I believe Rodrygo is the better player but buying in after a rise like that is full of risk.

• @janner73 A risk worth taking I believe. I only hold 300 in him.

• @Pagey74 Fair enough - I've just seen this time after time after time with youngsters. Greenwood, Brewster, Vinicius and the list goes on. They have their boom moment in their hype moments.
    In moments of FOMO - which is honestly what I believe you had - people convince themselves this one will be different. Maybe it will be with Rodrygo - there's no doubt he has talent.

• @janner73 @Pagey74 if you thought Rodrygo was a good buy for a long hold you would’ve bought him ages ago, and it shouldn’t have taken him to score a hattrick for you to buy him. Just an observation - I hope he does turn out good, but like janner73 said, happens too many times with FOMO of young players.

All the factors you mentioned with him playing for Real Madrid etc... applied before last nights game

• @Andy Anyone buying with FOMO will try to justify their reasons and convince themselves they were right.
    I honestly don't know what the point of thread was tbh - it asked for advice and the only advice was a few people saying probably not the best time to buy and yet bought anyway. I can only assume it was looking for confirmation that it wasn't FOMO and when didn't come bought anyway.
    I hope the trade works out but whether it does or doesn't it's still a bad trading decision - I reckon there will be opportunities to get in cheaper over the next week or so.

• I Think he will be £5 next season but could drop back to £3 pretty soon.
    Depends on your game plan, I know I wouldn’t Be buying him now - I would have market sold him last night 100% if I was on him before that rise.

• @Tom77 Exactly - there will be better entry points than buying at the top of a £1 rise.