IPOs Incoming!!! Let's Do This!!

• IPOs expected on the 11th November. My port has took a whacking of late which has usually happened before prior to IPOs in the past. There's a hope that Fati or Camavinga maybe part of this offering but I suspect there will be disappointment on that front. What is certain is their next offering will have the remaining players not available now from teams promoted into the top leagues(great😐). Anything else is less certain.

I don't know how anybody else feels but I suspect this IPO offering will be the most underwhelming offering since I've been here given some of the big youth drops of late. But if we do get some youth IPOs could this kick start the youth trend again. When Fati does eventually get released I suspect there maybe a buzz but will it be enough to interrupt investment in the likes corner king and pb favourite Joshua kimmich. Some of these IPOS have rocketed in the past and in turn other youths have thrived but has the question is 'Has The Game Changed'.

• It can hardly be as underwhelming as the last two, when they released the promoted players for horrendous prices.

In the end every IPO draws money out of the market and that might open up opportunity to invest into proven players again, which value increased 👍

• @Antierror my thoughts exactly. It wouldnt worry me if TAA, kimmich, depay, kroos, etc took a battering so ppl can buy some nobody at the lower end of ligue 1. I'd use the opportunity to top up

• I still don't get the big draw of IPOs...there are already lots of players that can win PB. Extra players just saturate the market further.

• Rodrygo proved his worth last night. Rodrygo for a long time now had been an unproven youth with potential but he proved his PB worth to a point last night. Is it enough to spark a youth revival. Keep calm and buy TAA is probably the safer option.

• @Yellow it's a funny argument in the end though no? Regardless if there is already a lot who can win or not every player eligible to win has to be on the platform. The amount of players who could have received IPD's or would have competed for PB this season alone but aren't on the platform.

It's like going to a bookie for a 20 horse race and the first 2 aren't on the betslip cause they are too new.

The platform requires a FM type database because there is the potential for players to be within PB. If someone wants to chuck his money into a 19yo 20p defender from Mallorca cause he thinks that player will win PB or be of value one day. So it should be

• @Antierror Whilst I agree for the good of the platform all the players should be available, it will certainly make it harder to win PB. It effectively increases the house odds (FI) of a nobody winning PB and reduces the odds for traders winning PB.

• @janner73 I don't disagree on that at all. However, it has to be that way in the end. The rewards will be harder to receive but everyone will have a chance to win it equally.

A wide platform with a huge database will rewards research again and that is the bottomline of the platform isn't it? "Make your football knowledge count"

I'd personally love to get onto 2-3 Hamburg youngsters cause I watch them play every weekend, sure I know the bias towards Hamburg might kick me in the butt but feck it. It's would I want to do

• An FM style database has been ruled out from what I can gather from the FI management. They hope to streamline the database more but this proposed current crop of IPOs kind of flies in the face of that as they are relatively unknown and have no obvious value.

• @Antierror Yep I agree and it does need to happen - as a minimum every player in a PB league or playing in a PB competition needs to be on the platform.
    I understand their nervousness around an FM style database - from a risk perspective they need to have some idea of potential dividend liability on players to set the initial IPO price.

• Has it been confirmed that IPO's are coming in the next few days?

• @Yellow

Understand what you are saying but there are so many players that are playing regularly in Premier League and across Europe that aren't on yet players who nobody has heard of, or has any shares in are available to buy. The number of available players will, and needs to keep growing, new investors aren't going to be impressed if they come looking for players that should be on and can't find them. Makes the index look amateur and unprofessional.

For example, if I've got £50 kicking around, I can't spend it on Tomori at Chelsea who has played numerous times this season in the league and europe and has been called into the national squad, yet I can plough that money into
    Omar Hawsawi, the Saudi Arabian defender currently plying his trade for Al-Nassr at only £0.08 a share

Or if I really fancy it I can invest in any of the following players who have retired yet I'm still able to buy:

• Fernando Torres - £0.34 - Retired Aug 2019

• Robert Huth - £0.26 - Retired Jan 2019

• Arjen Robben - £0.17 - Retired July 2019

• Rafael Marquez - £0.09 - Retired April 2018

• @Antierror I agree. There is a satisfaction of getting on a youth no one has heard of.
    There's a couple at Leeds youngsters that look decent for the future and off radar.Unfortunatelyy I think FI wants to move towards a model where greater rewards can be had from a finite amount of players within the database.

• @NewUser384837 said in IPOs Incoming!!! Let's Do This!!:

Has it been confirmed that IPO's are coming in the next few days?

There last IPO statement stated the next IPOs will be available on the 11th November.

• @Dalien-Smith said in IPOs Incoming!!! Let's Do This!!:

@Antierror I agree. There is a satisfaction of getting on a youth no one has heard of.
    There's a couple at Leeds youngsters that look decent for the future and off radar.Unfortunatelyy I think FI wants to move towards a model where greater rewards can be had from a finite amount of players within the database.

Careful now, that's how Gary Glitter started!

0_1573127253459_Screenshot_2019-10-05-17-43-05-1.png

• The last time they were going to do IPO's they announced a few days before that they were moving the date. Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again as they've been focusing on adjusting the pb dividends.

• Everyone's waiting for Fati. Did you see his assess for Messi last week with the outside of his right foot? If he gets released I'm swapping Almada for him. At least Fati is playing in a PB league. Shooosh! Don't tell Mr Cantona.

• @Londoner said in IPOs Incoming!!! Let's Do This!!:

Everyone's waiting for Fati. Did you see his assess for Messi last week with the outside of his right foot? If he gets released I'm swapping Almada for him. At least Fati is playing in a PB league. Shooosh! Don't tell Mr Cantona.

Hahaha my kind of woman. ..Fati asses

• Fati is going to break the internet when he's released. I wish they would hurry up with it. I'm sure Fati is behind my decreasing port value.

• @Brane_Ormso

Said similar on another thread:
    @Westy said in Name the most overpriced player.....:

There are worse, but top of my head these need removing ASAP! Look over priced to me...

Rafael Marquez 9p age 40! Retired! However I even bought him as a joke recently and still managed to sell him for a higher price!

Crouch 27p!!! Retired age 38

Bruno Alves 13p age 38

Tim Cahill 14p age 40 listed as Everton lol!

Cech 15p plays ice hockey for Guildford age 37

Evra 15p retired age 38

Robben 17p retired

Feel free to tag me with some more and il send the list to Cs. They responded quickly to other mistakes I've spotted recently. It's not good for the index to have these on the books.